Vainglory Forums

Who else is not a fan of saw or taka players?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 2, 2016 9:25pm | Report
Maybe it's just me, but they're always the worst. Falling off endgame, thinking they can 1v3 an entire team, being the most common instalockers, etc. I've noticed an increase in people picking saw & taka lately too... Not sure why that is. Every now & then one snowballs due to heavy farming & gets a couple levels above everybody else to help secure an early game win, but that's not as much of a strategy as it is sheer luck. I'm getting to the point where I won't even play with a saw, & if the opposing team can easily counter taka, I won't play with him either.

Obviously these two heroes do great in the lower skill tiers, where they can pick up easy kills from players who overextend in the lane or jungle, but it's quite easy to steamroll either of them if you have a good team in the upper tiers. Probably just gonna pick Catherine or Glaive every match to counter the hell out of these two heroes.

if anybody is in a high skill tier (SA or better), I'd really like your take on saw & taka. Haven't been up to SA in a bit, so I'd like to see if people are still not as fond of these two heroes up there
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » August 3, 2016 8:51am | Report
Taka and SAW are still really powerful, but most people can counter them now. All you have to do is buy a contraption for Taka and burst down/stun SAW and you can just ban Taka if you don't want to play against him.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » August 3, 2016 7:18pm | Report
MaximusPrime wrote:

Taka and SAW are still really powerful, but most people can counter them now. All you have to do is buy a contraption for Taka and burst down/stun SAW and you can just ban Taka if you don't want to play against him.

burst/stun is effective against any hero even roam-protectors can get obliterated with that "tactic".
sorry just a peeve of mine.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 16, 2016 9:07pm | Report
Sorry, just now got to this... The website kept bugging out on me for some time.

@MaximusP- really powerful? I mean, maybe base damage wise, but it's so easy to shut both down with a good team; one is immobile & the other is too squishy. You're def right on the contraption & burst/stun though

@Halcius- I mean, it kind of is a tactic, isn't it? Some teams are extremely burst heavy, others stun heavy, others neither. I wouldn't say it works on every hero- I've seen a number of tanky teams handle burst damage with ease, & some teams are way more vulnerable to stuns than others. A glaive or krul can handle burst damage much easier than a saw or taka. Choosing teams that are heavy stun is a pretty good strategy at times, especially up against a taka or saw; it shuts them down way easier than most.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FirebirdRS » September 6, 2016 5:49pm | Report
I agree most SAW/Taka players are pretty bad. The main problem with both types of players is that they don't build defense. They build pure damage and get focused instantly making the fight a 2v3. You will find that good Taka players will be much harder to kill than your average Taka player. They build defense and a reflex block which combos very well with Taka's own personal reflex block, Kaiten.
As you may or may not have noticed I'm a Taka main. So I get upset when people say he's annoying. Now he is the equivalent of a SAW instalocker. The skill of most players who play these heroes is sub par even in higher ranks.

FirebirdRS
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » September 7, 2016 4:50pm | Report
Don't know if you watched the PAX 16 Summer Championships, but Taka made several appearances, so he can be effective. Certain builds fall off late game, but that's the importance of team composition, and also why you have two carry. One can carry you early game and the team can snowball, and hopefully one will develop late game and be able to carry if the other falls off. Personally I think it is a matter of play style and skill. Saw on the other hand can be a bit difficult to be good with, and even Pontheoriginal who is said to have a 95% win rate with him, got steamrolled in the Summer Championships with him. From what I've witnessed it's a players understanding of how and when to use the Roadie Run that can set them apart.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by JVMV » September 29, 2016 11:37am | Report
Just played a game with a taka and saw on the enemy team. They built defense items but they were taken down quick. The saw was always pushing the lane to the turret which got him killed and the taka was always in the lane trying to ***isinate. I would always go to their jungle and take their gold. I think if taka wasn't in the lane so much, he would have been a challenge. If the saw wasn't pushing so much, he would have been able to keep us from taking down their turret.

I wish I could post a pic of the match but I don't know how to on this phone

JVMV

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved