Vainglory Forums

Worst melee hero: Ozo and his arbitrary strengths and weaknesses

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » February 15, 2016 8:22pm | Report
Easily and by far Ozo. He does the least damage of all of the melee heroes. His A is basically a glorified auto attack. His passive a practically useless, as most healing items are already pretty bad so it doesn't really stack up that well against other passives. His B is really good, the only good thing about him. You can get a lot of bonus damage and snowball into a massive burst. The only problem being the enemy has to be an idiot to let it happen, which I will explain later on. His ult is rather lackluster. Sure, it is a great engage, but it really doesn't offer a lot of damage. It is also hard countered by block. The worst part of Ozo is that non of his abilities scale with AD, so building AD on him is pretty bad considering. He is also rather squishy but his play style requires him to attack the whole team in a 1V3 fashion. This makes him a one shot wonder: if he messes up his combo, he dies instantly and has no follow up. Sure, with the right build he can be extremely bursty, but before that he has very minimal strengths and a lot of weaknesses. You have to be considerably fed to dominate with him. (Which I have experienced once, which was fun, but it is very hard to achieve, as you have to perfectly land your B combo to even matter.) Overall, he is really an arbitrary hero. His strengths is engage and sustainability, but he is squishy and there are so many burst heroes out there that it doesn't really do him any good. You have to build straight tank to utilize his package, which is a very large disadvantage.(compare that with Taka, who needs no defense.) His weaknesses are his squishiness, lack of damage(he does rather minimal damage, especially his A.), and overall difficult and situational play. Better heroes who perform the exact same function are Arden, Joule(to some degree), fortress, and glaive, and they all, nevertheless, perform the exact same function while doing an incredibly more damage and for some of them sustainability. To conclude, I really hope they buff this character. He just does way too little damage and is too weak to effectively fulfill his role. Just giving him AD ratios would go a long way, as it would open up more playstyles and give his passive more purpose. Buffing his A will go a long way as well. It does far too little damage, 45, for it to be viable. In my opinion, maxing it first is actually detrimental, as the costs outweigh the extra 20 damage and 3 less second cool down. The ability gets worse with each level. Giving it an overdrive that increases its damage immensely will fix this, or at least lowers the mana cost or cool down.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 15, 2016 9:43pm | Report
Salty much. I do agree ozo needs to be changed but I still think that as a regen hero he is insanely good and serpent mask with breaking point is still really strong. Regen items are actually still good I just think they need the right hero. Like blackfeather Eve and serpent mask are still really good items. And btw this isn't league of legends it's not AD it's either WP or CP.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » February 16, 2016 5:06am | Report
I haven't played much Ozo or against him but what I do know is that Ozo is okay in the lower tiers.

My friend has Ozo and he is in Not Bad. He wins most games with Ozo.

I'm not sure if Ozo is good or bad in the upper tiers but I agree Ozo might need a buff.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » February 16, 2016 7:00am | Report
His passive does not affect regen
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » February 16, 2016 7:02am | Report
Also. Ad and WP are ****logous, so I will just use whatever is more comfortable for me. I'm sure it doesn't change the meaning.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » February 16, 2016 7:04am | Report
How is BP good? He has one ability that does weapon damage, so you get very little out of it, unless you build a very tankish build.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MrReturn » February 16, 2016 9:56am | Report
Build him as a cp tank hybrid.
My final build is aftershock, alternating current, shatterglass or broken myth (depends on how heavily the enemie team is building shield items), fountain, either heavy plating or atlas pauldron (again depending on wether the enemie team has a lot of attack speed or if they are focussing more on pure weapon damage and of cause boots.
I dont know how this build works for others but for me it works out pretty good most of the times.

MrReturn
Quote | PM | +Rep by SpiderPig » February 16, 2016 10:54am | Report
I agree with some of what you say... But I've seen some really good Ozo players who can carry like a pro... I do think he needs improvement in some areas but overall hes a great character with god potential.

SpiderPig
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 16, 2016 12:48pm | Report
BP is amazing because of all of his regen potential he doesn't need weapon power abilities for it too work out. The fact he has that much regen he can stay alive for a massive amount of time with the right build, team and the player. I'd say he needs changes to work more out in solo queue in mid tiers but in lower tiers and high tiers with communication ozo can be extremely strong. He might not show it on stats but he is amazing. He's kind of like Vox showing hardly any CP potential but actually being better at CP Imo.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » February 16, 2016 3:30pm | Report
Actually the only potential he shows is CP... Hence why all of his abilities only scale CP.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved