Vainglory Forums

Wp krul- a little too hard to handle?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » March 2, 2016 8:27pm | Report
In the past, I would always find krul to be an easy kill, but as of lately, he's been a real pain in the ***. I've been noticing that teams with wp krul tend to do very well, and krul has usually been the best performing character in matches that I've seen him in. Is this just me, or has anybody else noticed this?

I haven't played as krul in months, but I have found this general transition to sorrowblade+bp to be very interesting. Its getting pretty hard to keep my distance and kite him while laning, & he's always taking my team's laner out of the fight. I usually find that if my team focuses krul, the enemy laner delivers huge damage; if they don't, krul gets heavy stacks & finishes my laner off quickly.

I'm not complaining or begging for a nerf- hell, if anything Im glad to see krul back in this- but it has been interesting. Thoughts on this subject? (I'm in the hotness gold BTW, working towards SA, if that gives an idea of the competition level)
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » March 2, 2016 9:16pm | Report
the numbers dont add up, at least they shouldn't, Glaive's abilities have better WP synergy and get BP stacks faster, he isn't the only hero that should outperform any Krul on BP centered builds. all Krul has for WP ratio is DMR which is more for utility than damage.
for any hero to be effective with BP their abilities should have plenty of WP scaling and/or count as basic attacks.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 2, 2016 9:59pm | Report
Also breaking point don't gain stacks with Sorrowblade if you get some armour, so basically it's a waste of gold if you get some proper defence so technically any tanky carry will do well against it, example. While Rona may be out of meta, if you can master her and your sure WP Kruls are everywhere Rona with serpent breaking point and defence is a complete and total pain in the *** towards a krul.

It may be hard to use Rona because she isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed buts she's definitely worth it imo against a krul.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoahsNotHere » March 3, 2016 4:02pm | Report
If you are getting normally raped by krul, i seem to get passed him and rape him back, my guild and i would normally have a Catherine for roam, jungle for Rona or Glaive. xD

make sure your whole team focuses on him first then go for the laner if your having trouble.
Glaive for me does the job.

NoahsNotHere
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 8, 2016 9:08pm | Report
Buy Atlas Pauldron and use it after he starts to attack (after 1-3 hits). Then activate Atlas and reduce his attack speed so he can't stack his power. Focus on him.

If you are Vox or Ringo you can perfectly kite him and totally destroy him. Buy a Shiversteel so he can't follow you while you keep kiting him.

Krul can be easily beaten if you have the right skills and know-how to do so. And of course a good team.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » March 9, 2016 4:14pm | Report
Well, first off, yes halcius, it's pretty true that wp on krul doesn't work as good as it would on say, glaive. The issue isn't how it pairs with his basic attacks; the issue is that when you use the passive, the first ability, a shiversteel, decent WP damage from his basics, high attack speed, & his second ability, it really puts in some damage. It's not that the WP is the defining factor, it's that the WP really adds to the overall combo.

Uncrudable, my reply to halcius more or less applies to your post too. BP & the stacks are not the defining factors. I do not plan to use Rona just for the sake of stopping krul, since Rona is incredibly easy to pick off & is too much of a high risk character

Noah, I see what you're saying... Glaive is a semi-decent counter to krul for me; I've had decent results with him. I'm very caught on whether or not to focus krul first, as focusing krul first allows high damage laners to clear my team.

Max, I know how & when to use an AP... I've spent months in SA, lmfao. Vox or Ringo provide decent kites, but they're incredibly squishy & do awful if krul manages to use his passive, third ability, or a shiversteel on them. I can gun down a bad or mediocre krul as ringo, but a good, highly careful one usually hits me hard

Anyways, huge thanks for the replies & talk guys; I'll continue to look for builds & characters that provide solid counters. Right now I'm looking at crystal Skye with a frostburn, as her quick movements & stuns/slows look like a pretty hard counter to krul
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FireWolf250 » March 10, 2016 6:02am | Report
Halcius wrote:

the numbers dont add up, at least they shouldn't, Glaive's abilities have better WP synergy and get BP stacks faster, he isn't the only hero that should outperform any Krul on BP centered builds. all Krul has for WP ratio is DMR which is more for utility than damage.
for any hero to be effective with BP their abilities should have plenty of WP scaling and/or count as basic attacks.

Of course the attacking stats aren't going to add up, Krul isn't much of a damage dealer; he has amazing heal and sustain that allow him to chip away at someones health amd gains stacks slowly. His DMR gives him a health barrier of 600 health (At level 5) and his smite gives him 96% lifesteal when basic attacking an enemy with full stacks(Also at level 5). His smite also heals him for 560 health when he detonates all of his stacks. I personally am starting to main her.

Bootylicious, You may want to consider Joule (CP or WP) as a posssible counter for Krul. She may not be ranged, but she has cc, a ridiculous bonus of 150 armor at lvl 12 (50 at level 1), and an amazing early game. The armor bonus puts her at 220 armor at level 12, the average amount of armor is about 80-90.
IGN: FireWolf250
Laners: CP Skaarf, CP Phinn, CP Adagio
Junglers: None
Supporters/Roamers: CP Adagio, CP Shatterglass Phinn
You think I have to much CP!? That's what AC is for!

"Everyone has multiple personality disorder, its called having emotions." -Anonymus

FireWolf250
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 10, 2016 8:08pm | Report
@Firewolf:

The thing is that Krul becomes late game very strong and almost unbeatable if you don't buy the right items (and bad teaming). Even though Glaive might has a better WP synergy by using BP and Bonesaw, he comes way too vulnerable late game against Krul. If Krul uses aswell an atlas + shiversteel it is almost impossible to escape Krul plus the fact that one of his abilities is also to slow down enemies.

About Joule I can only say that she has got the same issue as Glaive. Early and maybe during mid game they both might over dominate Krul but mid-late game Krul becomes almost undestroyable except you have good team mates who focus only on Krul first or know how to counter attack and build against WP krul.

I still believe that a good support (Atlas pauldron + shiversteel is essential) and a good kite player (such as vox, ringo or skye) are the best combo against Krul. And of course Catherine. She can be deadly for Krul if she stuns+atlas+shiversteels Krul.

MaximusP
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved