Vainglory Forums

Builds...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by deathpasito » September 29, 2017 2:41am | Report
Aight, I get the concept of builds, why they’re important, what they do, etc.

But what I don’t get is how to memorise a build order. There’s so much to remember, so when you’ve got yourself a build that you’re gonna go into the match with, how do you remember what items m stuff to buy?
Cringing at my own profile.
Mains: Reza, Kinetic, Ardan
Secondaries: Vox, Blackfeather, Ringo, Churnwalker
IGN: Jellisea; Guild: TheSaltercations [NaCl] Leader
+ 7 SEA smurfs, 2 NA smurfs, 2 EA smurfs, 1 EU smurf.
Tier: 8 Silver; Server: SEA.

deathpasito
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » September 29, 2017 7:52am | Report
The easiest thing you can do is use a sharpie and write each item on your finger

Or you can take a sticky note and write all the items there

I just memorize it in my head
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » September 29, 2017 9:25am | Report
It's really not that hard, people memorize hundreds of things each day and all you have to do is get used to it. Best advice is write it down on a sticky note and play that hero(or same role) a lot and then you will eventually memorize it.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrimsonKatt » February 15, 2018 7:24pm | Report
Is there a screen shot of the build map somewhere so I can suss out what leads to which upgrade?

CrimsonKatt
Quote | PM | +Rep by CzarStalin » February 21, 2018 1:35pm | Report
Im also new. Can't really grasp how to play. I want to figure out the correct builds for my team. Is there a link with a clearer guides??

CzarStalin
Quote | PM | +Rep by sesamii » April 16, 2018 9:44pm | Report
I'm probably not much more experienced than you, but i'll try my best to provide a good explanation.

Builds are even more important depending on your opponents. This is why the pre-builds are decent in the starting stages of VG, but once you progress, people's builds can easily counter yours, and shred the entire time. For example, you wouldn't go an Aegis if the enemy team is building weapon power right?

So, onto remembering the items. It's mainly just practice. I suggest you go into Practice games or Blitz, and take some time to try out some builds (after reading your hero's specialties of course). Once you have used these items and such enough, you begin to grasp what they generally do, and from there on out it's nearly impossible to forgot what they do.

TL;DR
What you build has to tailor to countering your opponent and complimenting your team. To remember all these items, just practice ;)

love your name by the way lol

sesamii
Quote | PM | +Rep by kayDA » April 15, 2019 12:27am | Report
depending how much effort you are trying to put into the game, certain methods or more convinient at a cost of game impact
the ultimate item building is as follows:
instead of memorizing the build, memorize every items passive/active, their stat values, what are they for, what is a must if you fight specific heroes, what does the team need (more of a captain thing sometimes you can skip crusible), for carries, how much more damage does this single item give me (power spikes) reacting to what enemy builds, what items make this hero work(must have items), what playstyle do i want to play(for example do you want to play shatterglass reza or afterhsock reza).

if all of the above requirements are met, the build and build order will come naturally, however i assume you are rather new so im gonna give yo just a guide line.

understand powerspikes (thats a must)
after that, for carries, first of all build to win lane(trading damage efficiently) do take mana into account. after that, you build for teamfights/splitpushing for example more damage and some sort of defense mechanic for enemies that will look to kill you, i prefer reflex block because its only 700 gold and can keep me alive for a crucial amount in time, however if you dont believe im you reflexes being fast enough, slumbering husk is a great replacement.
for supports, it depends, however for first item there are only two valid items, fountain of renewal and crusible, some will debate that crusible first always, however they are wrong. crusible for early team fights is fully correct, however crusible is less impactfull than fountain in the sense or raw damage taking value so if the enemy is heavily burst/cc orrientated you take crusible first(most of the time it is because of the meta) but if the enemy team is sustained damage base you take fountain first. it also depends on the support you are playing, does the hero have an instant reacting support skill(for example lorelai ult or ardan vanguard). after that tbh its just whatever items you feel like you7team need fron the defense and utility sections of the shop.

as a new player you should not be afraid to int, you need to try and understand your boundaries with certain items to know what fight you can fight and when to run away.
playing super safe will not team you much.

kayDA

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved