Vainglory Forums

Getting back into the Game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CritChance » April 25, 2017 6:15am | Report
Hello, I joined this game months ago, but I forgot about it. I'm now wanting to get back into the game, however it seems that A LOT has happened. Anyone have tips or anything important I should know? (I quit playing before Gwen was released. Also, I enjoy every role)

CritChance
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 25, 2017 7:28am | Report
Alright ill get you the most important tip

If your playing jungle and the enemy picks petal then dodge(lol) shes op now
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » April 25, 2017 3:00pm | Report
Hey dere CritChance! Gwen was update 1.23 but don't worry about that, that was like October of last year or something, but that doesn't matter, much.

First things first, between October and now there were a couple of fresh faces that were released, not only heroes. With heroes we have Idris and Gwen and Grumpjaw and Baptiste is coming tomorrow, you can learn more about them from the plethora of guides we have on this website and we have new items, for everywhere you should know practically 4 out of 4 of them. One, if you're facing people like Krul and Ozo or anyone with Serpent's Mask/ Eve of Harvest we have Poisoned Shiv, it applies mortal wounds, you know like Taka's X-Retsu or Fortress' wolves. Mortal wounds decrease healing, fortified health, and barriers. Two, Echo is super fun. Once you use an ability, you can use Echo and use the ability again, simple. Three, Slumbering Husk great item if you don't like people who can one-shot or burst you down, if you take too much damage in a small window you get fortified health for 1.5 seconds. Finally there's Nullwave Gauntlet, honestly it's meh, deals damage to a single target and silences their items not their abilites.

Laner/Carry: These are where all the squishy snipers and mushy mages live. Since you're just coming back, I suggest practicing stutter stepping if you like playing people like Ringo, SAW, and Gwen, basically most if not all weapon carries that rely on attack speed require, to some extent stutter stepping. For mages, i suggest Celeste, great hero to play on, or Skaarf, these two are to help with landing skillshots and positioning.

Jungler: Warriors and Assassins or all kinds dwell here. Start with hit and run assassins such as Taka and Koshka or you can start with fighters/warriors such as Glaive or Rona. From there you can branch out to other heroes that require a bit more skill such as Blackfeather or Idris or you can play someone who's super cheesy and is usually a guaranteed win(not always) Petal(yes petal is back in meta, she got nerfed though)

Protector: Finally the unsung heroes. Start with the basics and go for Ardan and Catherine, from there you can build up to people like Lance or Flicker. These guys are not for killing, make sure you allies get the kills, they need them more. Start by helping your jungler then transition to lane and keep your laner safe from harm.

Finally, the most important thing is to just have fun! Don't let rude pings or charms(they added charms too, they're kinda like dances) ruin your day! Have fun and I'll see you on the Fold! ;)

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved