Vainglory Forums

Vainglory Lore: Churnwalker

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 21, 2017 4:26pm | Report

Part One

Excerpt from the recovered letters of Martim Walker

For the Guildmaster's eyes only:

I have emerged from within the Churn-infested volcano at the center of Shichi Shima Shotou, which we call the Seven Islands, thanks to the environmentally sealed suit that I commissioned with a considerable amount of my own wealth and in utmost secrecy. I am unharmed but for bumps and bruises and full of never-before-reported information. I have not yet stopped to rest, as my mind races with the magnanimity of what I've witnessed.

I traveled alone into that heart of that darkness, and I am unashamed to admit that I was terrified. Ashen, slow-moving magma cooled into igneous pathways that I followed, spiraling down wherever I could find sure footing. I soon found evidence of life: Silversword plants and green-red moss struck out from the porous rock faces with threatening beauty. The ground thickened with shrubs and ferns and then various jungle trees which grew to monstrous size the further into the volcano I ventured.

All was silent while the Churn took notice of me, stalking me like a predator, sniffing at my fear. And then, it began to speak. I heard its whispers in the small hairs on my neck, uttering a language I have never heard. When I spun to see what whispered, I saw nothing. Soon it was inside my mind, replacing my own language, so that my thoughts spooled out in these strange syllables. "Ebbet ikro ido?" it demanded, and somehow I knew to respond, aloud, with my own name.

Behind the giant leaves, I observed enormous scorpions and beetles that skittered, without sound, away from the dim light. Growth burst from every available finger-width of rich soil, vines and leaves and slithering things fighting for space, twisting around one another. A bright red frog eyed me from its perch on a tall branch; a snail wide as a dinner plate made its slow way up a thorny tree; pigeons the size of eagles sailed overhead. I snapped a flower twice the size of my head from its stalk and the flower struggled in my grip; I watched it grow a new stem that plowed deep into the volcanic soil by my feet with haughty indignance, and the whisper said, "Astek givav ikri edu buvad bebu..."

I might have wandered forever in the Churn, lost in its endless wonders, if not for the storm. As I approached the heart of the volcano, the mist grew thicker and swirled with igneous dust. I pushed forward even when I could not see, drawn to the whispers which grew louder and more insistent with every step, until the ground beneath my feet trembled. I lost my footing and was tossed away by the storm. My arms flailed in a panic; I grasped a thick palm branch, but I was flung away again by the strong wind.

In that Churnstorm I experienced a most strange phenomenon: I saw visions of myself reflected in the fog and dust all around me. I call them visions, for they could not have been me, but they were solid as I. So disturbing were these visions that I couldn't bear to not embody them; in this one thought I felt in my body a painful buckling, a sensation like all of my bones breaking, folding in on themselves and then unfolding again into another of the visions.

When the hurricane began to sweep me again deeper into the volcano, I willed myself to be another vision of myself, and traveled to it in the same fashion. In this way, trespassing from vision to vision, I managed to make my way toward the visible sky. As my men pulled me by the arms to safety, I heard the whisper insist, "Ikro vli ve shavod." I am told that I responded, "Oeda vli stishad!" I do not remember this, nor do I have any understanding of this phrase.

My terrified fellow Explorers have surmised that this would be my last — indeed any human's last — excursion of its kind. This belies nothing but an unforgivable lack of imagination. I have already begun sketching out a pulley system to be worn upon the shoulders of my sealed suit, through which would crank lengths of chain and hooks, to secure me into the ground or onto sturdy plant life for encounters with future Churnstorms. The scientific implications of Churn study cannot now be denied.

All secrets are worth knowing,
Martim Walker

Wayne3100
<Staff>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » September 22, 2017 2:03pm | Report
This is so much clearer than the audio versions IMO. This is really helpful and actually lets me know what's going on lol. Now I know that he's a human in a suit, thanks for the typed version Wayne!
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Faey » September 23, 2017 6:19am | Report
Epic, as always.
Crazy d

Faey
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » September 25, 2017 7:28am | Report
Hey guys I was just wondering but how big and what is the churn? I only know that idris and somewhat adagio has a part of it but I don't actually know what it is. I don't really read lores that much but this seems a bit cool since he looks like another hero that has a hook ability(love phinn). If any of you know please tell me so I can understand this full story
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » September 25, 2017 11:15am | Report
Takuisgud wrote:

Hey guys I was just wondering but how big and what is the churn? I only know that idris and somewhat adagio has a part of it but I don't actually know what it is. I don't really read lores that much but this seems a bit cool since he looks like another hero that has a hook ability(love phinn). If any of you know please tell me so I can understand this full story

The Churn is ever-expanding, as we have seen from Idris' lore. The Churn is somewhat of a living thing that corrupts people's minds and turn them into servants I believe. Idris was consumed by the Churn, but Adagio apparently has the power to heal people from the Churn "infection".

TLDR: The Churn is bad thing that makes people bad or insane, somewhat.

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » September 25, 2017 1:41pm | Report
Based on the lore, I think that the Churnwalker will have a hook ability that drags him to other people/obstacles and possibly a teleporting ability(just speculation, probably all wrong). Can't wait to play him imo, wondering how he'll affect the meta rn.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » September 25, 2017 2:38pm | Report
TFDeathRay wrote:

The Churn is ever-expanding, as we have seen from Idris' lore. The Churn is somewhat of a living thing that corrupts people's minds and turn them into servants I believe. Idris was consumed by the Churn, but Adagio apparently has the power to heal people from the Churn "infection".

TLDR: The Churn is bad thing that makes people bad or insane, somewhat.

Thanks but why call him the churnwalker? You called the churn like its some sort of disease or illusion but why call him a churnwalker? Wouldn't that mean that the churn is somewhat a place too?
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » September 26, 2017 12:14pm | Report
Takuisgud wrote:

Thanks but why call him the churnwalker? You called the churn like its some sort of disease or illusion but why call him a churnwalker? Wouldn't that mean that the churn is somewhat a place too?

Sorry, I reread my thing and I didn't make myself clear, the Churn is most definitely a place and the Churnwalker is most likely called that because he wanders the Churn, but the Churn is also somewhat of a living thing. We don't really know where the Churn first showed up.

TLDR: The Churn is a living place that makes stuff bad.

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved