Vainglory Forums

[EU] New guild (focus: mature behavior, improvement, league play) [Hotness+]

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheGrudge » June 17, 2015 12:24pm | Report
TL;DR: Know to display maturity and sportsmanship? Enjoy the challenge of improving as a player and a team? Read on!

Hi folks,

Since trying VG and discovering the competitive aspect of it I was hooked and decided to look for a guild. I looked around, pm'ed a few people but didn't find anything I really liked. In the end I did join a guild, but it quickly became obvious there were some things that I really didn't like, so I thought I'd take things into my own hands.

I'm a 27 year old gamer with experience in Counter-Strike (7 years, competitively), WoW (PvP and PvE), EVE-Online, Heroes of Newerth, DOTA2, ...
Gaming is important to me as a hobby, but that's it. I'm not going to stay home from meeting friends to play a videogame (I've done enough of that as a teenager), and I hope you won't either.
I am Hotness after less than 130 wins, and this is my first and only VG account. I mostly did this using soloqueue and even lost a bunch of games playing with my colleagues during lunch every day (they're far less serious about the competitive aspect than I am).

Requirements:

- Adult behavior. I'm not going to mention any minimum age, but I suspect the majority won't be students anymore. Working people, possibly with a family or other priorities, understand that the game isn't everything in life and know how to relativate. The right behavior will become clear soon enough.
- Decent activity. Again, no threshold right now, but I will step in if I see people who never play with the others.
- A love for the game, for competitive play, and for improvement as a player and as a team.
- Willingness to learn, share things learned, critique others and take criticism like a boss.
- A working microphone and Skype (later on probably an app called Discord).
- The LINE app, for now. I've found a lot of the EU community is active on LINE. I don't mind this for now, even though I'm not a huge fan. It's probably the easiest to get folks together.
- Hotness+ in a decent number of games. 1000 games and a skill tier at Hotness shows that maybe you are where you are supposed to be and might not improve a whole lot anymore. Open for discussion.
- Able to have a ton of fun, but display serious behaviour when necessary. You should probably enjoy the challenge of improving as much as the game itself.

The goal:

My goals are probably fairly clear from the above, but just in case... the idea is to play together a lot in inhouse or public games. We'll form a community of likeminded players displaying sportsmanship and maturity. Smaller teams (3-5 people) can be formed organically for those that enjoy playing together with the same people the majority of the time, but this won't be forced on people.

Inhouse tournaments, ESL or VGL tournaments etc are all possibilities and fully supported on my end. People displaying good leadership will get the ability to organize things within the guild. The leadership won't be a dictatorship, and "power-hungry" people will be barred and avoided. Consider me your guide into an awesome community of players.

Interested?

Reply here with your thoughts or "answers" to the requirements. Include your IGN as well, and we'll grab some games together. Feel free to message me in PM as well, in case you don't want to do this publicly!

Thanks for reading,
H

TheGrudge
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mrhades » June 18, 2015 10:34am | Report
I'm after some more competitive games. I ranked up to SA bronze without much actual teamplay. Just adding friends where we had a run going.

I am over 30 and am pretty fed up with some of the players constantly pinging useless info. I want to win but can take losing.

I have TS3 installed on my pc which i have just started using when playying with a couple of others and this makes a big difference.

IGN - Mrhades
Main Lane - Joule crystal
Main Jungle - Krul
Main support - Catherine / Glaive

Add me

Mrhades
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KilleRRing » June 18, 2015 12:19pm | Report
I read ur post and really surprised so I think it's a good think to say I wanna join ur guild an have a good time to play in a guild with other people :)

I'm 22 years old and didn't work because I have big problem with my bones.

So....

IGN-KilleRRing
Main/lane : SAW/Vox/Petal
Main/jungle:Taka/krul/glaive
Support : ardan:adagio
Tier 5 over 150wins
Line id : xbleistiftx
Pm me and thanks for ur time to read :)
Ps(my English is little bad I come from Germany)

KilleRRing
Quote | PM | +Rep by igfx82 » June 19, 2015 4:18am | Report
Im up for the challenge. I'm 32, got work & home life commitments, I play every evening & during any other spear time I have. The only issue with me playing with yourself is my skill tier it's only at pretty good & I just can't get above It. I've been a serious online gamer for years but moved away from pc gaming due to the cost of being in clans & servers etc. ah yes & the wife nagging lol.
I prefer playing a support Role but if needed can play with any othe hero. I'm playing as fortress at the moment.

My IGN is igfx82

igfx82
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheGrudge » June 19, 2015 4:32am | Report
Im currently at a festival, i will add everyone afterthe weekend

TheGrudge
Quote | PM | +Rep by KaiMaiBrei » June 22, 2015 7:29am | Report
Add me too
iGN: KaiMaiBrei skill tier 6 but with hugh goals im really strong with krul and joule
And im a super competitive and talented player

KaiMaiBrei
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheGrudge » June 22, 2015 9:40am | Report
I'm back. Added and/or PM'ed everyone above.

TheGrudge
Quote | PM | +Rep by KaiMaiBrei » June 22, 2015 10:42am | Report
Hey man i cant reply on pm for some reason on my Ipad..
Tell me what info u need

KaiMaiBrei
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheGrudge » June 22, 2015 10:52am | Report
Just read the original post and tell me a little something about yourself. The things I care about should be pretty clear :-)

TheGrudge
Quote | PM | +Rep by KaiMaiBrei » June 22, 2015 1:10pm | Report
Hmm i cant say much to your post.
I mean every aspect you mention I agree with and I will behave accordingly.
Im a mature 16 years old guy and like to play really competitively
After 140 wins Im tier 6 now but only because I never had a group I just played random games and Im improving fast
Hope thats enough for you
Greetings

KaiMaiBrei

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved