Vainglory Forums

A little help with the laning phase

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoldenLionShiki » July 26, 2016 11:13am | Report
I'm new to vainglory and moba games in general. It's only been a month. I like to go lane usually. I use ringo or skaarf depending on what jungle carry my teammates choose. I also play saw sometimes when they take krul+cath/phinn/ardan because this lets me get in a lot of auto attacks in while staying nice and safe behind them.

So I have a question regarding laning. I usually manage to bring down tge 1st enemy turret before the 10 minute mark. After that I find it very hard to farm in the lane because the minions are so far down the lane. If I go there I get jumped 3v1. If I don't I lose farm. I usually resort to roaming with my junglers and waiting for the minions to come up to my turret. But this leaves my turret unguarded and it falls.

How can I farm after destroying the first turret?

GoldenLionShiki
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » July 26, 2016 12:10pm | Report
Scout trap bushes so you know when they are coming, have your allies come and hide in lane bush so you can gank enemy laner or have a roamer like cath stay in enemy lane bush so she can stun them so you can get away. personally, I like to trap bushes/have entire team in lane if we're trying to be aggressive and take down next turret. You can also go and help your allies invade the enemy jungle.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Oackley » July 27, 2016 9:08am | Report
Hey there !
So i'm a beginners also, don't necessarily listen to me..

But my tips for laners, especially squishy ones (that dies easy), is simply farm! Don't even push the turret. mid/late game you'll be able to push trough with your teammates and just take two in one shot. Instead of pushing the turret, try and clear the ennemi wave when your ennemi laner isn't there so your minions go die under their turret denying them gold and Xp. Use that time to rotate down, help out in jungle brawl and shop safely with your partners.. Rinse and repeat until you all push lane.

Oackley
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Oackley » July 27, 2016 9:13am | Report
And buy flares, even an a laner ! Don't only count on your support if you feel like you need vision over that bush ! A couple A 25gold flares can save lives !

Oackley
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » July 27, 2016 11:30am | Report
Oackley wrote:

And buy flares, even an a laner ! Don't only count on your support if you feel like you need vision over that bush ! A couple A 25gold flares can save lives !

I think it would be better to trap the bushes so you know when they're coming rather than flare bushes randomly
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SamuraiJack » August 12, 2016 9:37am | Report
Once you get the enemy's first turret down...
1. As someone mentioned, scout trap and be weary of going too far towards the enemy turrets.You will be ganked or the enemy will try to gank you. And it's not that hard.

2. My preferred method is to stay with the team and move with the team members. Once the first turret is down, whether it's your team or enemy team, you want to stay with your team and move with them. Unless the enemy minions are really close to your own turret. Otherwise it gets way too easy to get ganked your enemy.

Hope that helps.

SamuraiJack
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » August 19, 2016 3:38am | Report
My advice is to not push the turret too early. Normally if both teams are good, you would want to participate in early jungle fights and see if your team can dominate the enemy tean early. If you are able to get an ace, you can then go and try to take down the first turret. After that, try not to farm the lane unless you have vision in nearby brushes, or if the enemy laner pushes the lane back. All these are dependent on how well your team can bully the other team early game.

I would suggest watching competitive Vainglory matches, especially VGL and VIPL matches to allow you to have a feel of the timd to take down turrets
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved