Vainglory Forums

Frostburn?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » August 23, 2016 1:07am | Report
Frostburn is one of my favorite items in the game. It provides just so much utility to your team as a CP laner/jungler. But I feel like it's not too usefull at the moment. I just feel like it doesn't slow that hard. For example, I personally think that buying Frostburn on Petal (if you even play that rather lackluster champ) is a must. The slow lets your munions get in more hits. And in general, I just feel like Frostburn is a useful item to have on any CP hero. It provides a healthy amount of CP, while giving you that slow. The problem is, that slow, in this patch, doesn't seem very significant. With a gold cost not too far apart from Shatterglass, I think that Frostburn needs some looking at. I think that many players would just go straight for the extra damage, rather than the slow, and I think that making it a bit more effective wouldn't hurt too much. What are you thoughts?

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by kriegs13 » August 24, 2016 9:10am | Report
354RRR wrote:

Frostburn is one of my favorite items in the game. It provides just so much utility to your team as a CP laner/jungler. But I feel like it's not too usefull at the moment. I just feel like it doesn't slow that hard. For example, I personally think that buying Frostburn on Petal (if you even play that rather lackluster champ) is a must. The slow lets your munions get in more hits. And in general, I just feel like Frostburn is a useful item to have on any CP hero. It provides a healthy amount of CP, while giving you that slow. The problem is, that slow, in this patch, doesn't seem very significant. With a gold cost not too far apart from Shatterglass, I think that Frostburn needs some looking at. I think that many players would just go straight for the extra damage, rather than the slow, and I think that making it a bit more effective wouldn't hurt too much. What are you thoughts?

I'm inclined to agree...FB used to be a standard for my CP Vox or hybrid Kestrel, but now I find myself far more interested in SG, BM, or AS. The slow can still be effective if I'm vox going against mostly melee, but good teams know not to group against a CP vox so it's kinda easy to nullify the positive effect of the slow.
IGN: kriegs13
Guild: CloseRangeUltim8

"Seriously though, no one can handle Ringo's ultimate at close range"

kriegs13
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » September 2, 2016 7:53pm | Report
Did they change Frostburn recently? The slow is still the same as before right? The only change I could remember was a change in the cost, as it provided too much utility for its cost compared to the Shatterglass.

Personally, I felt that Frostburn was designed to be an item that offers a different utility compared to the other items, so it shouldn't be a must-have for all CP heroes.

For me, I normally build Aftershock on CP Vox instead of FB because I didn't think the slow would be useful. It would be better to just find other ways for crowd control, since Vox doesn't do CP on base damage, but relies on resonance.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » September 3, 2016 7:02pm | Report
They did change the slow to scale with your CP (I think it's a max 30% slow for 1.5 seconds? I don't know the exact numbers) at some point. I have discovered that it's actually really good on Samuel, because your B applies the slow, and so you can keep them in the cloud for a longer time period.

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » September 22, 2016 10:52am | Report
I'll keep it short and simple. I personally think it works well for characters that need to kite. Such as Samuel or Skye. It works as a good escape mechanism.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dielzo » September 30, 2016 5:16pm | Report
For my own, i like to use frostburn on CP saw, Skye and Taka (sometimes). I bought it if i already have enough crystal power though.

Dielzo
Quote | PM | +Rep by MOHAMAD » October 18, 2016 8:19am | Report
Quoted:
hi,is really useful for lane heroes and jungle heroes. its very effective for heroes likeit can slow down the enemies , forasmuch as reim is a tough hero and totally die-hard, also remember it will be more effective if you have enough CRYSTAL POWER. (not just for reim, for every hero that you choose)

Quoted:
Good Luck

Quoted:
IGN:
MAMMAD

MOHAMAD
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » October 25, 2016 11:54am | Report
MOHAMAD wrote:

Dude. Just type normally

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wolfstorm » October 26, 2016 6:36am | Report
FB I do agree isn't as strong as I'd like it to be. In my mind, FB is a must on cp Petal and Skye. With Petal's minions able to land more dmg and Skye's A able to hit enemy heroes more easily. FB on Samuel is also really good for his A, whether to escape or to chase someone just within your range. On Riem, however, Fb isn't something I'd usually buy. BM and Eve are some good items on him, but I do pick up a FB at times if I'm having issues with people escaping me or I'm behind and can't afford some fights.
IGN: Wolfstorm
Mains: Koshka, Taka, Fortress
Skill Tier: Got Swagger
Wins: 500+

Wolfstorm
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Gamerdude75 » December 6, 2016 7:12pm | Report
354RRR wrote:

They did change the slow to scale with your CP (I think it's a max 30% slow for 1.5 seconds? I don't know the exact numbers) at some point. I have discovered that it's actually really good on Samuel, because your B applies the slow, and so you can keep them in the cloud for a longer time period.

Agreed. If Samuel has lots of enemies in his field for longer time, he can steal more HP, keeping him healthy for another fight :D.

Gamerdude75

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved