Vainglory Forums

Is Taka the worst character?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 25, 2015 7:21pm | Report
Oldskool wrote:

It's mainly due to the fact that his team presence is lacking. all of his abilities help himself and only himself, besides the fact that he deals pure burst damage. Taka players in high skill tiers should be conscious of what the opponent might build to counter your strategy, and this is why Taka players fail often. But he isn't a bad hero, he's balanced, but in games where people know how to build, to counter you, he's trash

There are no Taka players in high skill tier.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by fugu_face » February 26, 2015 8:40am | Report
Quoted:

There are no Taka players in high skill tier.

If you're talking about PoA or Vainglorious I can see that there are practically no Takas in there.
Skill Tier: Simply Amazing through solo queue
Main: Ringo
Others: Taka Catherine SAW
IGN: fugu_face
Server: NA

fugu_face
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 26, 2015 10:24am | Report
Here are some of the most annoying things I constantly see Taka players doing:

- Overextending and refusing to stick together during mid - late game
- Lack of patience, always pokes his head out during an ambush and giving our location away
- Stealing Minions in Jungle
- Stealing Minions in Lane when I'm Ringo, Taka wanders in lane then steals last hits whenever I knock a minion's health down.

With the way Taka is build & meant to be played, his presence greatly upsets the balance on most team combinations. Often times when he's on my team in the past it plays out like a 2vs3 situation because he's always the first to run in a gank. I'm glad to see a Taka on enemy team. If he's on my team I AFK immediately and wait for next queue.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 26, 2015 6:14pm | Report
Quoted:

Here are some of the most annoying things I constantly see Taka players doing:

- Overextending and refusing to stick together during mid - late game
- Lack of patience, always pokes his head out during an ambush and giving our location away
- Stealing Minions in Jungle
- Stealing Minions in Lane when I'm Ringo, Taka wanders in lane then steals last hits whenever I knock a minion's health down.

With the way Taka is build & meant to be played, his presence greatly upsets the balance on most team combinations. Often times when he's on my team in the past it plays out like a 2vs3 situation because he's always the first to run in a gank. I'm glad to see a Taka on enemy team. If he's on my team I AFK immediately and wait for next queue.

you pop up on every Taka thread I visit I'm starting to seriously feel a need to prove myself to you LOL
why don't you start a thread for people to offer comments and advice to Taka players? if we're so horrible at least tell us what we're doing wrong all in one place (I'd definitely check in every day to see new posts)
I love playing Taka and it's pretty disheartening to see my favorite hero on the receiving end of so much hate
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 26, 2015 8:14pm | Report
cry_tears wrote:

you pop up on every Taka thread I visit I'm starting to seriously feel a need to prove myself to you LOL
why don't you start a thread for people to offer comments and advice to Taka players? if we're so horrible at least tell us what we're doing wrong all in one place (I'd definitely check in every day to see new posts)
I love playing Taka and it's pretty disheartening to see my favorite hero on the receiving end of so much hate

Hah...I didn't mean to put anyone down in a negative way, and if I came off so, my bad. Even when I said somewhere that all Taka players are horrible human beings, I probably just got off a really messed up game with him and needed to vent. I just really dislike Taka as a character and having him on my team, that's all. Maybe it's my luck, but looking back - majority of the unpleasant games I've played there was a Taka on my team. Rarely do I get the chance to play with the really decent Taka players who are actually team oriented and makes a difference.

It could also be that my play style does not mend well with Taka players. When I'm sniping lane, I don't like Takas who constantly wander up to steal last hits on minions instead of actually supporting because it gives the enemy sniper an edge on gold & build. When I'm in jungle, I absolutely hate it when Taka players steal my minions instead of waiting for the next one around the corner to pop up. Many also refuse to stick with team during mid-late game and the tendency to over-extend with Kaku makes them difficult for me to play with and be effective.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » March 2, 2015 7:19pm | Report
I take my last comment back to back to back. Taka players are horrible human beings lol. Absolutely horrible with a slur.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » March 2, 2015 10:17pm | Report
Quoted:

I take my last comment back to back to back. Taka players are horrible human beings lol. Absolutely horrible with a slur.

@long****kim oh ouch. what happened this time?
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wyldwulf1211 » March 7, 2015 6:13pm | Report
Taka can't take a lot of damage, so he dies quickly from strong heroes. He can't dominate in 1v1 battles without help, but his ult is pretty strong so if you can get it quick enough with Kaiten you can kill the enemy quickly before they can get any hits on you. He needs to be able to chase his enemies, though. Played right, as said before, he can be really strong.

wyldwulf1211
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » March 19, 2015 12:48pm | Report
wyldwulf1211 wrote:

Taka can't take a lot of damage, so he dies quickly from strong heroes. He can't dominate in 1v1 battles without help, but his ult is pretty strong so if you can get it quick enough with Kaiten you can kill the enemy quickly before they can get any hits on you. He needs to be able to chase his enemies, though. Played right, as said before, he can be really strong.

True, but from what I've seen for Taka to be effective, his target must be low on health in order to achieve a successful kill. In ganks he is practically useless because while two players attempt to get enemy health down (2v3 since Taka can't sustain) often by the time he does manage to achieve a kill (if lucky), everyone's health is already low. The best scenario from a gank involving Taka is pretty much that both sides retreat.

They should have made Hattori Hanzo a char instead.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by toochillfrank » June 24, 2015 8:25pm | Report
It's your team man. I run in the same problem when playing in the solo que. if you get some support or even a tacky team member they go in and distract, then Taka goes in for high damage burst. I always go in with a at least a reflux block to sustain a little longer. There's no way you can compleat with Taka or any character for that matter without it when you start playing better players

toochillfrank

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved