Vainglory Forums

Krul frustration

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » October 21, 2015 8:00am | Report
So lately I've been trying to learn how to use Krul effectively and I have to say it's a been a frustrating experience thus far. It seems like every time I play against, or with a Krul, they burst down whoever they're and they're sticky as hell from the start. For me? Not so much.

More often than, I'm lucky to get a couple of stacks up, then the enemy is off and running and when I execute Spectral Smite, I might get a small sliver of regen/life steal. In the meantime, if there is any other enemy in range, I get bursted down and raped. The vast majority of games I play with Krul, my losses are way higher than my kills. Often by a factor of two.

Am I missing something? I rush a Breaking Point, build a little defense and try to build a Tornado Trigger to help speed up the stacks. I've been destroyed a number of times by someone with just a Breaking Point and boots early. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I stay sticky and why am I melting so quick?

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 21, 2015 3:20pm | Report
Have you tried using a shiversteel? Who is your support? Krul should stick with a stun/slow team, phinn, cath, celeste, joule, Ringo, Ardan for gauntlet. krul should also stay in shadow and hunt players. Try starting your build with shiversteel, boots and Salvo and hunt single players. Your support should stun anyone else who could get in your way. Don't go for BP unless you plan on tanking without your abilities. And just a note. You can only build one stack per second with BP. Tornado trigger won't help you there.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » October 22, 2015 1:20am | Report
shiversteel - breaking point - bonesaw - boots are the core items

also, don't engage if your heroic perk is not ready

xDeletex
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » October 24, 2015 12:18pm | Report
Never build a Breaking Point first. Even if you've seen a rushed BP work before, chances are the opposing team didn't know how to take advantage of that mistake.
Think about it, as Krul you're the lowest HP sustain warrior, you will not live long enough to get BP stacks built up. Without a Shiversteel you will also have a hard time sticking to your target and maintaining those stacks. Krul is super vulnerable to stuns, and since he is suppose to be a warrior that stays in the forefront with no escape ability like Afterburner or Rocket Leap, you're screwed if the enemy team opens the fight with a stun on you.

These are the items you need before even considering purchasing BP:
Reflex Block
Shiversteel
Kinetic/Coat

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by eggshell1 » October 25, 2015 12:43pm | Report
I disagree. I main Krul and almost always get Breaking Point first, especially if there is an enemy Krul. Remember, krul is best at hiding in the brush and rushing out at his opponents. This will give the enemies a significant slow. But if you still want to be stickier, then upgrader your boots or get a Shiversteel. Check out meh build btw :P
I SWEAR TO GOD WHEN I EVOLVE, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ALL.

eggshell1
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 25, 2015 8:30pm | Report
Yes but I can get breaking point on fortress or ardan and do a better job than krul can with it in terms of sticking to your enemy and survive outside the jungle. If you have a player with vision krul is screwed since he relies on ambushing the enemy moreso then initiating fights. Most krul players (noobs especially) seem to think they're invincible and use no strategy with krul. They charge in headfirst and die.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by UCTeeth » November 3, 2015 4:03pm | Report
I personally build breaking point first, but by the time I have breaking point done, I already have a 2nd tier defense item, tier 1 boots, almost a shiversteel as well. So I don't rush it without getting other stuff needed for my final build started. One thing that I noticed that made my krul play stronger was I start off with heroic perk if possible build stacks up...as they try to run away... use my first ability to catch back up...and keep building stacks...I don't every use my B ability unless I am going to for sure kill the enemy...I am close to dying...or if I am not going to get anymore hits in (theyre getting away). When I first started I would use my A ability gets stacks up then use it then try to keep hitting the opponent. Then I saw Oracle play Krul and I noticed what I mentioned above

UCTeeth

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved