Vainglory Forums

Noob Contraption

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » December 22, 2015 5:35am | Report
It's the most useless item ever.

If you buy it as support you're a noob.

Your teammates will hate you for it.

No one at Hotness or above buys that ****.

Waste of gold.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » December 22, 2015 6:10am | Report
Lol you are obviously in a lower tier rank.
It gives you map vision which is huge at any point in the game, if you use it properly you will save lots of money

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » December 22, 2015 8:22am | Report
I had the same mindset when I first started playing. When you compare the stats Contraption gives you to the stats from almost any other tier 3 item, it does seem useless. The thing that makes Contraption useful is the ability to control the map and potentially, if used right, shut down your opponents' ambush attempts. The map control is invaluable and will save your *** if used right.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » December 24, 2015 1:36pm | Report
vikings102 wrote:

Lol you are obviously in a lower tier rank.
It gives you map vision which is huge at any point in the game, if you use it properly you will save lots of money

To quote a fellow SA player from another thread:

"First off, contraption and warhorn altogether are wastes of money. Do your team a favor and buy fountain of renewal as your first item. It's much more worth it to revive your entire team than to lay down a couple of expensive mines or get a short speed boost."

Oh, and I also LOVE how the noob Cathrine goes for Contraption & Fountain first when enemy has a Saw, Glaive, or Krul. It's so sad because they have absolutely no clue as to what's going on.

Lastly, I'm at SA silver, and no competent support at SA or above ever buys Contraption from the start. I have this problem mainly on my smurf Hotness Silver account when I'm matched with other Hotnesses or lower. And from what you said sounds like you're one of those buy-Contraption-first-everything-else-later type of player. Hope I never have you as support on my team.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 24, 2015 8:39pm | Report
Quoted:

To quote a fellow SA player from another thread:

"First off, contraption and warhorn altogether are wastes of money. Do your team a favor and buy fountain of renewal as your first item. It's much more worth it to revive your entire team than to lay down a couple of expensive mines or get a short speed boost."

Oh, and I also LOVE how the noob Cathrine goes for Contraption & Fountain first when enemy has a Saw, Glaive, or Krul. It's so sad because they have absolutely no clue as to what's going on.

Lastly, I'm at SA silver, and no competent support at SA or above ever buys Contraption from the start. I have this problem mainly on my smurf Hotness Silver account when I'm matched with other Hotnesses or lower. And from what you said sounds like you're one of those buy-Contraption-first-everything-else-later type of players. Hope I never have you as support on my team.

So you believe Contraption's last nerf was unwarranted?

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » December 25, 2015 1:21pm | Report
It's purely a situational item. And when I state situational I mean it with extreme prejudice. Team revival during early ganks are much more important than vision when buying a few flares/mines can offset that as you'll also likely have available item slots early on. I never buy Contraption but I'll go for Stormguard Banner first thing, then either rush Fountain or Pauldron while keeping steady supply of mines/flares. My teammates love me.

Also, stubborn noob support trying to routine-rush Contraption early game while their jungle is constantly being invaded by an OP enemy Koshka. By the time said noob buys Contraption your jungler is two levels behind on farm while enemy support already have Fountain and you've likely lost the match at this point. Those first minutes of the match are crucial & often determine the final outcome. I've seen this so many times.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 25, 2015 1:47pm | Report
personally i wont go for SGB early, typically i wait until i feel the bonus damage is either sufficient, if i can coordinate the team to take goldminer early, or the opportunity for invade appears likely. consumables, battery, boots and health are the best investment early on for supports i think.

anyways your original post wasnt about the stage at which contraption is bought, rather it looks as though you're saying it is a waste altogether. so perhaps you sell your SGB if you reach late game and fill your sixth with something outside of the stormguard contract path?

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » January 4, 2016 7:18am | Report
what character I play depends on when I buy contraption, and if one person said to not buy it you must assume that it is a ****py item, I say that I don't like clockwork as a item but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't buy it or that it is bad.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 11, 2016 4:25pm | Report
Contraption is fine just shouldn't be bought first, contraption and war horn are amazing items and all high elo support mains buy them. Just not first but usually around late game.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamporb » January 12, 2016 7:32am | Report
Splash stormguard + 25% cooldown...try this with lane adagio ( or any other ranged laner) and you will be pushing lane like crazy

Helps a TON with objectives

Mines and flare are a bonus

Default upgrade to stormguard; only consider warhorn if enemies are slippery

So dont knock contraption that quickly...try it out

Hamporb

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved