Vainglory Forums

Noob Contraption

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » January 12, 2016 8:20am | Report
I play support a lot and I usually rush fountain or atlas first, contraption is something I grab midpoint. However if I find we are behind, then I'll go for warhorn. Being a support calls for situational analysis...don't doscount something just because someone doesn't like the item. Try it and see how it works for you, just please do not buy contraption or warhorn first!

Kismutt
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 12, 2016 12:08pm | Report
It really depends on your support play style and what your team wants out of you. Some teams might want you to have a fountain immediately while others might need a atlas very quickly for someone like Krul.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamporb » January 14, 2016 3:37am | Report
Exactly, it's in the game for a reason. I do still think contraption is a viable first tier 3 item for support. It makes you kill creeps in 4 hits or less in the early game with splash damage to boot, making your whole team earn gold faster. If done right, you could go for the 2nd support item (fount/atlas/crucible) much faster.

Also, it was nerfed for the 200 hp it once had. That was the biggest secret of contraption before....too bad it's gone :)

Hamporb
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » January 14, 2016 5:44am | Report
It is good, but you should NEVER, and I mean NEVER rush it. The point of a support is to assist your allies, and more so in teamfights. Contraption provides next to nothing to large-scale early fights (e.g. gold mine fight, turret push).
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 14, 2016 12:01pm | Report
I would never rush contraption but all those things are extremely important and you forgot to mention all the vision it gets you. I wouldn't rush contraption because personally I'd rather have a fountain but early game I do pick up a storm guard banner because it destroys early game because it works on heroes, plus it helps me farm easier, go around when invaded and quickly take out a turret or even a sneaky gold mine kill it even helps my gold income.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved