Vainglory Forums

Petal v. Celeste lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ysaric » August 10, 2015 5:08pm | Report
I'm a casual player, I like to play Petal and usually end up playing Lane. This week I'm seeing a lot of Celeste, obviously, and I'm struggling a lot in Lane against her. Her AOE attacks burn my minions down fast and my range doesn't seem to compensate well. I usually start with battery and go to Eve of Harvest, good boots, then I'm usually flexible after that. But no matter what build, Petal just seems to struggle with Celeste. I know so me match ups are just like that but I figured I would solicit some advice to see if I could improve my play. Thanks much for any advice.

Ysaric
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 11, 2015 10:29am | Report
Get block and buy two mines every time you go to a shop for protection.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » August 13, 2015 3:08pm | Report
First off, plant TONS of bramblethorn seed's and place them in the bushes. I mean TONS! Don't plant the seeds in the open since they will just grant extra gold to the enemy and will easily be killed off. HIDE THEM! The seeds will also grant vision in the bushes if the enemy is trying to sneak up on you. Only focus on last hitting minions and don't let your munions just sit out there attacking there creeps, they will just be easy targets. I would suggest looking at Broken Myth, then going Clockwork. These two items are cheaper and faster to build for early game damage. Eve of Harvest is great for sustained battles, but doesn't put out enough damage output to really dominate, and the cost can be steep for an early game item. I don't know if you spam your seeds a lot, but by mid-game you should have your side of the map covered in seeds. I know they last 2 minutes, but there really shouldn't be a time you are not planting. I can't stress enough that you should ALWAYS be planting them. They won't draw out your crystal too much if you have Clockwork going for you. After landing a few hits, Broken Myth combined with Spontaneous Combustion hits like a Mack truck! Blow Celeste up a few times and that'll back her off.

If you find you can't keep up with the seeds, upgrade to Void Battery. If still not enough, rush Clockwork sooner. For CR Petal, seeds are everything.

BTW have you experimented with WP Petal? Munions are not all that important in that build....

Just some advice, its not the gospel on Petal play. Everyone has a different play style. Hope this helps
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » August 16, 2015 9:25pm | Report
I believe that petal is underpowered right now compared to other landers as Ringo, Celeste, and Vox. Hopefully they'll buff her in the next patch because I'm getting sick of seeing those same three characters in every game.
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » August 18, 2015 12:58pm | Report

I believe that petal is underpowered right now compared to other landers as Ringo, Celeste, and Vox. Hopefully they'll buff her in the next patch because I'm getting sick of seeing those same three characters in every game.

I agree that Petal cannot carry, but she can do very well just holding the lane if the jungler will be the main carry. I have not found a build yet that allows Petal to put out enough damage to be dominant, but as an assist to say...a WP Glaive, she can be huge!
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowDust » August 19, 2015 3:26pm | Report
I use to be all for Petal in laning, but the update is really annoying that she's pretty much useless in the beginning of the match. Even with her slightly longer ranged attacks, Ringo and Celeste can overpower her easily. The guides here for Petal for the 1.7 patch are pretty much outdated, so in all honesty she should be shelved until the next patch. I've only seen one effective Petal since the 1.7 patch and she was a roamer instead of a laner. Perhaps Petal was meant more for roaming than the initial thought of being a laner.
IGN: ShadowDust
My Playable: Koshka, Joule, Celeste, Lyra, Catherine, Ringo, Vox
Working on: Kestrel, Fortress, Saw
Skill: Fluctuates
Server: NA

[Note: I'm always looking for new teammates and the heroes I work on depend on the rotation (I don't own all of them just yet)]

ShadowDust
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crowbarbob » October 7, 2015 4:59am | Report
Now with her range even shorter she's an absolute sitting duck...
Have tried her a few times with the 1.9 update and all I end up doing is hopping backwards off my bramblethorn seeds in order to survive.

Essentially the enemies hunt you down and you run and hide.

Eventually they destroy your turrets one by one... you cannot defend these and end up being killed over and over unless you surrender the turret.

By the end of the game the enemies have all their turrets intact...

Crowbarbob
Quote | PM | +Rep by graiger » October 7, 2015 10:00am | Report
Ysaric wrote:

I'm a casual player, I like to play Petal and usually end up playing Lane. This week I'm seeing a lot of Celeste, obviously, and I'm struggling a lot in Lane against her. Her AOE attacks burn my minions down fast and my range doesn't seem to compensate well. I usually start with battery and go to Eve of Harvest, good boots, then I'm usually flexible after that. But no matter what build, Petal just seems to struggle with Celeste. I know so me match ups are just like that but I figured I would solicit some advice to see if I could improve my play. Thanks much for any advice.

try to play roam

graiger

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved