Vainglory Forums

Reim omg I can't

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Daranda » January 16, 2016 7:33pm | Report
So I just brought reim today with ice. I'm impatient plz don't judge xD but what the problem really is is that reim is soooooooooooo hard to play. I barely won one game with him today. All the guides I checked out were no help as they barely described his play style. Can anyone sorta guide me through this "reim masteration" process? Thanks

Daranda
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 17, 2016 11:06am | Report
All I can say to do is practice

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Equ1 » January 17, 2016 4:39pm | Report
Vainglory provides a pretty good video guide on Reim. No link atm, but you can just google it

Edit: It's in-game, view the Reim profile, then tap Watch Spotlight in the bottom right
Server: South-East Asia
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6) / Silver (Only 'Cancerous' Solo Queue)
Wins: 486 as of 02/01/2016
Main Heroes:
  • Lane: WP Ringo, WP/CP SAW, CP Skye
  • Jungle: WP Glaive or WP Joule, CP Ringo or CP Vox or CP Skye, WP/CP Taka or CP Koshka
  • Support: Aftershock Catherine, Breaking Point Ardan
Which hero I choose is fully dependent on what heroes my teammates are playing.
If you ever see me in casual, just note I am just having fun, and will likely make unusual hero choices.

Equ1
Quote | PM | +Rep by voidstate » January 28, 2016 5:35am | Report
Rush Eve of Harvest. Until you get that, you can't hold your own in a fight.

After that, you can go various ways. You'll probably need boots to keep up with the action. And CP is a must. Armour/shield should be chosen to counter your opponents' builds. I generaly start building towards Shaterglass, adding boots, defences, etc as needed. Then I build towards Alternating Current and finally a Shatterglass.

But remember: Buy Eve of Harvest ASAP!

voidstate
Quote | PM | +Rep by H4ni » March 16, 2016 9:43pm | Report
When I first used Reim, I went with Eve of Harvest, Alternating Current, Aftershock, Frostburn, and it depends with what kind of build your enemey is building with the defense. If your enemy is weapon type, go with Atlas Pouldron or Metal Jacket. You could also go with fountain of renewal. And of course, don't forget the boots. You can replace frostburn with shatterglass though.

H4ni
Quote | PM | +Rep by AlexDale » March 20, 2016 9:00am | Report
Someone got any other strategies for Reim? Never played him before.
Self titled Vainglory Champion :) Spreading the love for Vainglory around the town. Author of some guides for Vainglory

AlexDale
Quote | PM | +Rep by Musq » March 29, 2016 11:01am | Report
Reim's basic attacks chill and slow 60%. Seems like a FB is a bit of waste vs SG. I agree with rushing Eve as well as the 1st boots. From there I build a Dragonheart and the 2nd level of boots as well as SG. Because Reim produces Fort Health, the + Health items really make him hard to take down. Once I have the SG I'll either build additional defense or the BM depending on how the match is going.

My build with him is typically
Boots - Crucible - Eve - SG - BM - ??

The last item is either additional defense to counter build or another SG.

Reim IMO is all about his burst. He is kind of a cross between Vox and Krul, if you get enemies bunched up, his three abilities can be utterly devastating. The recent changes to his A make it very rewarding to hit, so often times you have to choose between leading with B and then A or going A-B-C as the B can set up the C nicely. If enemies are tightly grouped... :)

IMO the big issue with Reim is team play. Most teams seem to expect the Jungler to gank early and often as they are used to the likes of Joule/Glaive/Taka/Koshka. Reim is pretty useless in the first 8 minutes against competent players. Once he gets the Eve/ and hits level 6, things change. With EVE he can solo jungle all day long, once he gets SG he can invade and be nasty about it.

Musq
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hellblaster03 » April 1, 2016 10:45pm | Report
Reim is OP if played correctly. Early game concentrate on jungling. Get boots and reflex block asap. After that buy eve and then upgrade boots to journey boots. Now get a kinetic shield, heavy prism and piercing shard fast. Remember not to upgrade them until u buy all the items above as u need money. Now upgrade them one after the other. If u need defense get the aegis and get broken myth if u need offense. After u finished these items get an atlas pauldron or metal jacket. Now buy alternating current or shatterglass. If u finish until aegis and broken myth within late game u are officially op. I once tanked all 3 heroes (ringo,ardan and glaive) and killed two of them before retreating, alone. And try to get as many enemies as u can with A

Hellblaster03
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mxngo » April 16, 2016 10:44pm | Report
Honestly reim is pretty easy for me...

Mxngo
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 17, 2016 12:07am | Report
Imma restate my statement I made a while back when Reim was first released. Your absolute trash at vain glory altogether if you think Reim is bad. Simple as that, while I can give my personal advice I really don't need too because half as been pointed out on here and also since Reim is no doubt from what I've seen in sea definitely the meta, it's not that damn hard to get wrecked by Reim and find out how to counter him and therefor how to play him.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved