Vainglory Forums

A few suggestion for participating in ranked matches. Feed back is appreciated.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 6, 2015 8:59am | Report
After rethinking this for a while now I have come up with this idea.

25 wins with each character before they are playable in a ranked game. Each character would need to work through the following brackets as each character would have its own individual ranking. not just an overall rank for the account. I think it adds a little more depth to the game play and it would allow others to see how skilled a person with a particular hero before playing them in say guild matches if VG ever were to get that competitive and keep in mind this is on top of the initial 25 wins to start ranked matches.

R1-R2 = 25 win requirement before advancing to rank 3
R3-R4 = 50 win requirement before advancing to rank 5
R5-R6 = 75 win requirement before advancing to Rank 7
R7+ = No required wins however if a player were to drop down a rank the account should be updated with a achievement once they have met the conditions so they do not have to redo the x amount wins for a particular bracket.

Again folks this is just a theory or a suggestion of some things I would like to see happen in the future to make the overall game more enjoyable on the competitive side.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Neversimple » November 6, 2015 3:20pm | Report
Let's be honest most people can win enough matches to get enough heroes to enter ranked without ever looking further forward than lvl 3!

This applies to a lot of players of varying ranks in the tier system. After first down loading the game I watched you tube I watched the tutorials I watched the competitions. Of the thousands of players out there how many did the same my guess is 1%

The main problem is communication and a lack of ways to communicate in game. How when with an inexperienced team do you tell them to stop pinging you because your the last character standing and trying to avoid an ace. Or stop hem from pinging you because you have spent 5 levels in the lane from the beggining of the game with no chance to shop. Mute is an option I know but a little hard to use in the thick of battle with the mentally challenged.

Improved communications will help and please remove the question mark.

Neversimple
Quote | PM | +Rep by Neversimple » November 6, 2015 3:24pm | Report
I mean player level 3

Neversimple
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 6, 2015 4:37pm | Report
They can and it is great that VG has made it simple or easier to purchase characters and play characters with the free play of the week. However I think you are misunderstanding the main topic to this post. It is solely focused on improving the rated games within VG by making people learn each character prior to being able to play it in rated or move up in ranks. So regardless how inexperienced a person is by the time they move up to R3 they will have plenty of experience and should understand the fundamentals of the game. I can say that because the average player will have played around 50 games at a minimum and then be required to win another 25 before they can go into the R1-R2 bracket for rated games which will probably work out to another 50 games minimum and by the time they are ready to move from R2 to R3 they will have to win another 50 games which works out to roughly 100 more games and as you climb the ladder the more work you have to put into it to learn new tactics/skills/builds that are used at that level of game play.

Basically things that may seem obvious to you or me may not make any sense to someone just starting or still relatively new to the game. The only solution to this is experience in playing the game which is why I set up this system like I did. Yes, you may say it is extreme/insane with the amount of games needed but I don't believe that this is excessive like this. It will solve your concerns of people being ping happy etc. I have no problems with the current system in place as far as understanding them. I wish they would make the commands simpler like Stop, Go, group/meet, Danger/caution/Gank/ambush. instead of just symbols.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Neversimple » November 6, 2015 5:02pm | Report
I do not misunderstand it I was just in a match where myself and 1 other won against 3!

Disconnect is my suspicion in this case because it was in last minutes that they became inactive with a significant lead. But if players troll casual and are carried they will still end up in ranked.

The majority of players I suspect do not report Afk in casual and fight on.

you are identifying how to make the queue system elite.

That's like saying to someone that just left school you can't have a job because you have no experience. How do you gain experience in real life without experiencing it and learning from others? Hence my thoughts on communication.

Yes they are annoying if you don't want to fight with them don't, use teams, guilds and friends. There are options

Neversimple
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » November 6, 2015 8:14pm | Report
mrapsinker wrote:

R1-R2 = 25 win requirement before advancing to rank 3
R3-R4 = 50 win requirement before advancing to rank 5
R5-R6 = 75 win requirement before advancing to Rank 7
R7+ = No required wins however if a player were to drop down a rank the account should be updated with a achievement once they have met the conditions so they do not have to redo the x amount wins for a particular bracket.

Numbers still need some tweaks. You are forgetting that there is a system in place that somewhat does the opposite.
Where your suggestion is to improve keeping lower skill levels of play outside of higher rank competition, there is also a system that wants to keep VG&POA players from steamrolling us in the less skilled tiers.
In order to work the requirements out you will need data. To start you off and give you an example I made a smurf a short while after reaching PG before compression. First 14-16 Casual games were all wins, those wins took me to Tier4 silver, from there I started feeling the competition and started losing every other game.
Even in casual games rank is accounted for in the matchmaking que up and can determine your skill tier for both casual and ranked gameplay. Your 25 wins requirement for Tier3 would allow me to steamroll lower tier players with a smurf for an additional 10 more games than the current system would have allowed me to get away with.

Just FYI I've only made 1 smurf and haven't touched the account in over a month, I know it is bad for the community.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 8, 2015 12:50am | Report
The core of the system that is in place now which matches people with their respective ranks/Tiers would still be there. This system that I am proposing would place restrictions on each hero before allowing them to advance to the next skill bracket so they are forced to slow down and learn the character. Now if you're a veteran player then yes you would and should steam roll the lower brackets and that's fine, because once you meet the requirement with that hero then it's done and you're now going to be advancing to a more challenging bracket, going back down again more than 1 Rank for a person that is semi skilled to godly is unlikely unless they intentionally lose matches because by that time a person should have a firm grasp of how the game works, their hero and how to communicate in the game.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RealTruth » November 9, 2015 5:59pm | Report
To me who just recently hit 11 I quickly realized that ranked matches are way~ harder (depending on skill) and that if I wanted to win I needed to find a few characters who I wanted to play as. Plus I only have 24(?) wins but using the 25 rule and the fact that I play on free time and not religiously 25 seems insane.

Maybe 10 because at 30 minutes a game that's only 5 hours and that I could do but 25 at 30 12.5 hours that's a lot more time. Plus by 25 per character I couldn't ever see myself getting into Ranked and isn't that the goal.

RealTruth

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved