Vainglory Forums

A little help?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoldenLionShiki » July 27, 2016 9:01am | Report
Hello! I'm a noob looking for some veteran guidance. I was reading an article about what separates lower tiers from higher ones. I wanted to talk about it.

So I am a complete newbie in moba games, not only in vainglory. I've been playing for about a month and have 80 or so wins. I started playing ranked, got up to rock solid very easily and then got stuck. Nothing seems to help me get higher. I decided to watch pros streaming. I watched a ton of vipl episodes and shinkaigan streamings. I learned some things. Then I felt like I improved. I managed to get worthy foe. Then bam, they swatted me back down in RKS like a fly.

Nothing I do seems to work very well. I concentrate on farming, I get more cs than enemy laner. I try to be map aware. I rotate into the jungle to help my team. I place scout traps. I keep flares when opponent team has Taka or Kestrel. I counterbuild. I even sometimes let myself die so that my team can get out. But none of these allow me to win constantly.

I win and lose pretty much the same amount so I don't go up. You could say it was my mechanics but I don't think so. Laners in my skill tier get around 80-90 cs in a game. Even in a losing game I finish with 110+ cs. I think I'm good for a higher skill tier and even if I'm not I want to improve and go higher.

Please help in some way so that I can improve and win more than lose. :)

GoldenLionShiki
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » July 27, 2016 2:21pm | Report
Well first, if you want to win consistently, you need good allies. If you have good allies, you will winh a lot. You also need to talk with them and coordinate with them during the match. I suggest teaming up with guild/team mates or playing with friends you trust/know. Another thing is that every match is different. You need to adjust your build/playing style depending on what the enemies do. Also, you might be making some mistakes, such. Some common mistakes people make are face checking bushes, not focusing the right person, or not using their abilities well or not being coordinated with your team. Another really common mistake people make but don't realize is being to focused on farming. They want so much farm they have to wait another minute before they can help their allies or get ganked and has to get one more minion before they run. Remember, it's better to run and live than farm and die. Sometimes you might not get much farm early game but you will get mroe farm later. You need to patient, a trait that most people don't have and end up dying because of itYou really need to stay with your team late game and remember to not feel like you are better than them or don't need them and ping spam them when they make a mistake or when you over extend. This is probably just a phase and you will eventually rise in tier, it just takes a while. About a year ago, I was stuck in Decent-ish Gold(what used to be tier 5) and couldn't get up to Pretty Good(T6) but eventually, I finally won enough battles to get to T6.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » July 30, 2016 8:07pm | Report
Other than the points that Maximus has said, Vainglory is a lot more than just pure mechanics. Sure, you might be out-farming the enemy laner, but that just means that you are good at last-hitting, which is more of a technical aspect of the game. If you want to be good at the game, you (and your team) have to be great at the game mechanics, as well as being great at game flow and strategy. Those two aspects are essentially what MOBAs so interesting and hard to master at the same time.

Some of these simply come from experience when playing against people better than you. For example, predicting ganks before they happen to you as a laner, or learning how to deal with jungle skirmishes in the early game. Other deeper aspects then include counter-picking and counter-building, which you can learn by watching professionals.

However, when you watch professionals, try to learn why they do things, instead of just watching for entertainment. For example, noticing why they build defensive items early, and why they choose certain defenses instead of others. Pay attention to how they move around in the map, why they rotate around and the timings at which they complete certain objectives.

All these will help in improving your game, and all the best to you!
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved