Vainglory Forums

About Kestrel in 1.14

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mizutani Vis » February 19, 2016 8:03am | Report
unfortunately in 1.14, Kestrel is almost the weakest although she used to dominated some platform in the past (together with adan, skye. Her only enemy was black feather). Anyone with the similar skills can play other heroes better than using Kestrel, no matter in lane or in jungle.

I'm pretty sure when they made change of Kestrel in 1.14, they forgot that Kestrel has the weakest basic properties, lowest health, lowest BP, and almost the lowest speed.

Perhaps it's to differentiate Kestrel from Taka, but they forgot the poor 3.1 speed and Kestrel's hiding function had CD limitation.

Well, Of coz, good skills can save each hero, but, what about I say Adan is the only support option if you wanna play Kestrel

Mizutani Vis
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » February 19, 2016 12:25pm | Report
I don't really understand why everyone is saying that Kestrel is really weak this update. Last update I was horrible with Kestrel. This update I'm amazing. I've carried like 3 games this week with Kestrel.

But maybe because I'm in the worst skill tier. And enemies never buy defense.

I find that Ardan, Fortress, or Catherine are the best supports for Kestrel. Ardan gives her a speed boost to hit her enemies. Fortress also does that. Catherine makes it easier to land skillshots, especially your ult.

I don't know which is the best support out of the three because it depends on you. They're all pretty evenly matched for me. The best junglers are the crystal junglers(Fortress, Koshka, Reim, etc.) I play WP Kestrel btw.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 19, 2016 12:59pm | Report
Don't worry about this guy. He's probably one of the noobs who dominated with kestrel and now sucks at a still amazing character who needs SKILL to play now and not just sure one shotting.

What I'm trying to say is kestrel is still really good but you need to actually practice her and adapt to her new playstyle in 1.13 you didn't need skill to play kestrel at all you could just aim and get rid of half someone's health early game which was insanely op. This was supported by every high elo player ever at the time, so you can't say anything about its only me who thought this in 1.13. Kestrel had to be banned everytime in high elo matches and same with blackfeather. So if you can't manage to play a character because of skill requirement then your options are, be salty about it and get a new hero or stfu and adapt to her new kit.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Shmenton » February 19, 2016 3:51pm | Report
Kestrel is absolutely useless in 1.14

First the hit box is bugged on range 6/7 this basically means u can't hit a target with Glimmershot on the max distance of your auto attacks.
Now with the new cooldown WP kestrel is absulutley useless with that 4 second cooldown, your auto attack is not enough to impact the battle and your Glimmershot can be easily missed or blocked by enemy support player or by a minion up the lane. Your too slow to get into better position and too squishy to get inside the battle.

Take Ringo instead...

Shmenton
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 19, 2016 7:10pm | Report
Kestrel isn't useless it's just your level of play that's useless, shouldn't blame a character straight up like that unless it's saw dude.

Just makes CP Kestrel more viable, the cool down for the arrows can be dealt with attack speed so a alternating current really helps you.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » February 20, 2016 11:23am | Report
Yeah so today I had a game with Kestrel that unfortunately wan't successful so this guy added me and gave me a talk. I forgot to take screenshots but this is pretty much what happened. V=Veneticius, B=Guy

B. Who were you?
V. Kestrel
B. Why bro
V. She's pretty good.
B. Nonono she's so out of meta. She sucks
V. But I did better than you in KDA, sniped gold mine, and carried the game until we lost. And you were a Crystal vox that had a full build and everything.
B. That's because you stole kills. R*tardation
V. ...
B. Suck my Rick
V. ?

So what I'm trying to say is Kestrel is still really good. She might be harder to play but it's worth it if you have the skill to use her. Just because a hero isn't in the meta doesn't mean it can't be a beast(except SAW he might need a rework).

I haven't played much CP Kestrel because it's not my play style but I've heard that some pro player was winning games with her.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 20, 2016 11:51am | Report
Last update I played Glaive unbelievly good with breaking point builds, builds that weren't even seen throughout elo play not even dreamed off.

Yet they were amazingly strong and could lift some decent weight too, those builds weren't anywhere near meta whatsoever and need great skill to use effieciently at a higher level of play, it was like a more complicated Krul without regen but instead having the ability to wipe out entire teams with your fully stacked cleaves.

Lots of things aren't meta but that doesn't mean the character isn't good, except saw he's complete ****.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mizutani Vis » February 22, 2016 8:46am | Report
uncrudable wrote:

Don't worry about this guy. He's probably one of the noobs who dominated with kestrel and now sucks at a still amazing character who needs SKILL to play now and not just sure one shotting.

What I'm trying to say is kestrel is still really good but you need to actually practice her and adapt to her new playstyle in 1.13 you didn't need skill to play kestrel at all you could just aim and get rid of half someone's health early game which was insanely op. This was supported by every high elo player ever at the time, so you can't say anything about its only me who thought this in 1.13. Kestrel had to be banned everytime in high elo matches and same with blackfeather. So if you can't manage to play a character because of skill requirement then your options are, be salty about it and get a new hero or stfu and adapt to her new kit.

ha

really wanna see ur video with kestrel's amazing play in 1.14 if u r lucky enough to be killed less than 15 times above level7

Mizutani Vis
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mizutani Vis » February 22, 2016 8:55am | Report
hey there I'm not saying Kestrel can't win a game. no one can guarantee if the opponents have a stupid supporter thus ruining the whole game.

Just to be honest, (it's rubbish for the above who playing ringo now claiming kestrel player need better skill -- r u kidding me by using ring's point-shoot feature? which one need better skill for rookies to dominate low and middle level games? Ringo or Kestrel?) I'm seriously wondering if that guy has been destroyed by Kestrel players too many times simply wanna relieve his feelings.

it's about a hero's position - Kestrel need better skill because her basic parameters are lowest -- if this argument set?

And a balance among heroes is necessary? Why not weaken Skye either?

Veneticius wrote:

Yeah so today I had a game with Kestrel that unfortunately wan't successful so this guy added me and gave me a talk. I forgot to take screenshots but this is pretty much what happened. V=Veneticius, B=Guy

B. Who were you?
V. Kestrel
B. Why bro
V. She's pretty good.
B. Nonono she's so out of meta. She sucks
V. But I did better than you in KDA, sniped gold mine, and carried the game until we lost. And you were a Crystal vox that had a full build and everything.
B. That's because you stole kills. R*tardation
V. ...
B. Suck my Rick
V. ?

So what I'm trying to say is Kestrel is still really good. She might be harder to play but it's worth it if you have the skill to use her. Just because a hero isn't in the meta doesn't mean it can't be a beast(except SAW he might need a rework).

I haven't played much CP Kestrel because it's not my play style but I've heard that some pro player was winning games with her.

Mizutani Vis
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 22, 2016 12:07pm | Report
Skye doesn't need a nerf she also needs skill and there is still lots of things that limit her and can bring her down easily from my experience it's not just about aiming your abilities it about, positioning, building and timing which doesn't sound like much but it's a a lot to think about and master in a proper team fight.

And kestrel is still amazing there is a vain glorious level kestrel main out there who's still using kestrel right now and would absolutely destroy any type of laner you've got wrecked by before. While I do forget his name, and it makes this point sound made up. I'll search it up for you and send you a link dude.

What I'm trying to say your saying kestrel is bad as soon as she isn't op anymore, that's not even a fair judging because she really isn't I've went up against quite a few kestrel's throughout this week who even failed last hitting and still managed to wreck my team, You've got to try different kestrel builds and play styles, a alternating current, clockwork and some cp is a great build as it lets you cool down your abilities quickly, (even the arrows reload), deal enough basic attack damage and still be able to dish it out.

Now I'm not saying I'm good with kestrel because quite frankly I sucked balls with her even when she was op as shat, but from personal experience I've been up against and played with really good kestrels in 1.14 now I'm probably not going to comment her anymore because there's no reason to try and reason with a stubborn idiot who seems like he's salty as ever and who can't be open to new points of views

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved