Vainglory Forums

About Kestrel in 1.14

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 22, 2016 12:21pm | Report
Mizutani Vis wrote:

hey there I'm not saying Kestrel can't win a game. no one can guarantee if the opponents have a stupid supporter thus ruining the whole game.

Just to be honest, (it's rubbish for the above who playing ringo now claiming kestrel player need better skill -- r u kidding me by using ring's point-shoot feature? which one need better skill for rookies to dominate low and middle level games? Ringo or Kestrel?) I'm seriously wondering if that guy has been destroyed by Kestrel players too many times simply wanna relieve his feelings.

it's about a hero's position - Kestrel need better skill because her basic parameters are lowest -- if this argument set?

And a balance among heroes is necessary? Why not weaken Skye?

I can't really tel if you supporting or disregarding kestrel, so I'll answer in both ways

1. If you were disregarding kestrel, she will still be good, look at her like skaarf once was, he was extremely op so when SEMC inevitably nerfed him everyone thought he was just horrible, but there are still people, like myself, that love him and main them, and in the right hands he can still be extremely OP, I feel like kestrel will follow the same path.

2. If you were supporting kestrel, I agree with what you said that kestrel takes more skill then before and like I stated before there will definitely be some people that cannot change from the previous no skill play required in 1.13 to the skill based play of 1.14 kestrel

Also about how ringo takes less skill then kestrel, that is so wrong on so many levels, there is a HUGE difference between a average ringo and a great ringo. Albeit he has no skill shots his play style is very hard to master and he has little to no escape, unlike kestrel who, yes has skill shots, but has an ability that turns her invisible, much more forgiving to bad positioning. Also I'm a skaarf main so your arguments about skill shots are invalid to me XD.

Sorry if this is long but I felt like I had a lot to say and hopefully this all makes sense.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » February 27, 2016 1:21pm | Report
so right now as of february 27, 2016 I think that Kestrel is not viable this update.
I know it might comes as a surprise but it's true :(

Luckily, it's not because Kestrel has been heavily nerfed(even though she might need a small buff).
It's because of the number of people who've started playing CP Fortress. It's impossible to hit anything with the wolves in your way and he's just too bursty. I've only won one match against Fortress and that's because a high level player carried us.

Hopefully maybe SEMC will nerf Fortress a little because it's really hard to beat a CP Fortress.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 27, 2016 1:34pm | Report
Reim and Krul is a pretty good counter to cp fortress from my experience.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoahsNotHere » March 3, 2016 4:05pm | Report
Kestrel is still a good hero, since the update change i think the play style of kestrel has been more unique. which in saying;

I find that having Kestrel as a CP is better on the new update as now the WP has seemed to depleted.

NoahsNotHere
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 3, 2016 9:47pm | Report
Yeah I wouldn't play weapon because her halcyon arrows have to be close to do weapon damage otherwise there not counted as basic attacks if there not in kestrel's basic attack range (which isn't that big) and the halcyon arrows will do little cp damage and even if you do get close to deal your damage with weapon you can get raped and then can't invis to escape.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » March 5, 2016 10:11am | Report
as it is now 1.15 and kestrels glimmershot hitbox is better, i've been destroying in ranked...
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 5, 2016 12:41pm | Report
How did they change it again because last time in 1.14 the hitbox for halcyon arrows for WP was based on her basic attack range which was so horrible to try and use.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 5, 2016 2:00pm | Report
They made it so when it looks like it hit someone it did :)
In update 1.14 sometimes the arrows would look like they hit the target but they actually wouldn't be.

I like that Kestrel has been buffed but that screws up everything for me and now I suck with her again. Hopefully I'll be good as last update.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved