Vainglory Forums

Another simple request

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 20, 2016 7:44am | Report
For the love of everything that is good and Vainglorious please...

This goes out to all those players who have some grandiose idea of winning a match 2 v 3 or whatever this disease is. When your team has a player go AFK stop rejecting the surrender requests. All you are doing is being a jerk to the other player who didn't quit the match. We all (ok, probably more fair to say most of us) want to play this game, enjoy this game, and try to win. If both players want to try to 2v3 the other team fine, great, hunky dory as they say, but if your other teammate requests a surrender, don't force them to play an uneven match. Surrender, down vote the player who quit, and start again. I'm honestly not sure what's worse, the player who AFK'd or the player who forces you to waste your time trying to play a player short. Honestly, I think the latter is worse. Unfortunately life happens and we've all had reasons that we have had to leave a match in the middle of the game, it sucks but it happens. Please, stop compounding the disappointment of having a teammate go AFK by being a jerk to the other player and refusing the surrender. It's really ridiculous, especially when the AFK happens in like the first 5 minutes of the match.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » October 25, 2016 11:50am | Report
It is very possible to win a 2v3, I've done it repeatedly.

And so what if the other person wants to stay, if it is as hard as you say it should just be 2 mins till you lose, not that long at all.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wolfstorm » October 26, 2016 6:30am | Report
I myself have also won many 2v3 matches, some even in ranked. It kinda depends on who you're playing and if the other person on your team wants to give it a try. I always try to play a 2v3 until completion, win or lose doesn't matter to me. In the end I just see it as practice. When a teammate goes AFK, don't surrender.
IGN: Wolfstorm
Mains: Koshka, Taka, Fortress
Skill Tier: Got Swagger
Wins: 500+

Wolfstorm
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 26, 2016 6:46am | Report
You both completely missed the point.
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » October 26, 2016 9:20am | Report
No, just the point is not worth discussing

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 26, 2016 9:52am | Report
vikings102 wrote:

I actually believe it is worth discussing.

Back on topic:
I believe that you should always stay in a match just in case the tides turn later on in the game. I have also had this problem of where one of my party members would recieve a call during the loading screen and it would only show two characters on the screen that shows all the players names and builds and stuff. That is a fun way to start a ranked match. But you should always TRY to wait and see if they either join back or the tides turn and you win.
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 26, 2016 11:42am | Report
vikings102 wrote:

You are beginning to prove nothing is worth discussing with you, in multiple posts...

Moving on...

It's not about whether you can or have won 2v3. The point is that forcing someone to play 2v3 when they have clearly requested a surrender after a player has gone AFK is a jerk move. If both players want to try 2v3 and get the practice or whatever one of the many other reasons that have been listed here, go for it.
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 26, 2016 12:02pm | Report
Lmao.

I see what you're saying. You're saying that people should surrender if the other one wants to to keep those from being forced into 2v3s if they don't want to keep on playing with the disadvantage.
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » October 27, 2016 10:52am | Report
Grubitsch wrote:

I actually believe it is worth discussing.

Back on topic:
I believe that you should always stay in a match just in case the tides turn later on in the game. I have also had this problem of where one of my party members would recieve a call during the loading screen and it would only show two characters on the screen that shows all the players names and builds and stuff. That is a fun way to start a ranked match. But you should always TRY to wait and see if they either join back or the tides turn and you win.

Exactly, that's what I meant when I said it's not worth discussing, thought it was pretty obvious

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » October 27, 2016 10:58am | Report
BLG3RNT wrote:

You are beginning to prove nothing is worth discussing with you, in multiple posts...

Moving on...

It's not about whether you can or have won 2v3. The point is that forcing someone to play 2v3 when they have clearly requested a surrender after a player has gone AFK is a jerk move. If both players want to try 2v3 and get the practice or whatever one of the many other reasons that have been listed here, go for it.

If I've already sunk 10+ mins into a match, I will want to see it through.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved