Vainglory Forums

Are contraption & warhorn really worth it??

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 24, 2015 9:55am | Report
It also depends on what kind of support you're playing. Contraption is fantastic if you are supporting a laner without a vision ability or who doesn't understand they need to be using heliogenesis/sonic pulse in the bushes and if they're extremely prone to ganks. Like saw. If you do it right your jungler gets free farming for a while cuz you know exactly where your enemies are. Your laner holds off all the ganks with your help (optimally) and your enemies are screwed by the 15 minute mark. Contraption can make or break a game. Just for the love of everything good don't use it offensively.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by OcelotSi » October 25, 2015 11:11pm | Report
I think both Contraption and Warnhorn offered an "intangible advantage", meaning an advantage that you can not easily put a dollar sign on. There are things that come with these items you can not quantify...

Contraption
- Knowing exactly where your enemies are most of the time with mines covering a large part of the map. You can't do this with just buying scout traps because you can at most carry 5 traps in one slot, and I bet you most likely won't carry more than 3. And sometimes when you need it, you can have it right in your pocket, no need to go to the store. That moment when three of you waiting in the tri-bush wondering where the enemies are...

This also help shutdown enemy Taka, when he uses skill 2, you immediately release a flare or the mines nearby already pick up where he is going.

Warhorn
- This sometimes makes a difference between an ACE and having you wondering whether a survivor of your enemy team will show and capture your Kraken. I think you know what I mean.

When I play Roam, I will get either one. If enemey has Taka, contraption is a must for me. If my team is squishy, I pick up warhorn.

=)

OcelotSi
Quote | PM | +Rep by KuntFu » October 29, 2015 5:47am | Report
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but contraption seems cheap sometimes. It's unlimited amounts of scout traps. You want to buy them individually so you can "use them when you want"? Lmao.

Contraption is amazing. And I use it on almost every build and it does me wonders. And I have never lost a single match with double contraption rushed. Within minutes the whole map is cluttered, and by mid late game he enemy literally can't walk anywhere, you are literally collecting kills vs. squishy heroes on traps. Vision is important, and so is not having to buy scout traps when you are on the go. Think tactically. Besides, the cooldown on top, flares too? I can't believe this is even a post. My bad for bumping it I just can't believe I'm seeing this.

Use your skill and imagination. You can use contraption offensively if you want to. No one can tell my experiences different.

And as for war horn, if you have to ask if it's effective, you probably aren't reading the passive, etc.
and if you still don't, wait till you are playing matches where all 6 of you are highly skilled....in late game, war horn on somebody is literally the difference between win or lose when you are preventing an enemy "ace", or chasing the enemy to get one yourself.

I've seen war horn and warlord alone not just make the difference between win or lose, but stand out as the deciding factor in win or lose multiple times..

KuntFu

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved