Vainglory Forums

Bad Teammates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 13, 2015 7:25am | Report
Pleepers wrote:

I think it's possible often times in "Pretty Good" or higher tiers you've been paired with someone that isn't playing their main. Once one is behind in getting cash they just seem noobier than normal.

I've been putting some effort into figuring out Joule and Catherine lately on "Pretty Good" when the only character I've really played before this week is Ringo and this is my first MOBA. It could definitely seem as though I'm some kind of troll as I've honestly no clue what I'm doing in the jungle.

The exception to this is of course is anytime you get paired with anyone that quick selects SAW when he's on free rotation. Those people are trolls. Terrible opponent feeding trolls.

I hope you are right on this one. I've just finished a match with a saw teammate. his competence to utilize his character was beneath any contempt. He was literally just using one and only same skill ability all over and over again. His stats were 4:21 (21 deaths!!!!). I mean come on. I am skilltier pretty-good. How is that possible? How could I match with such a newbie?
I mean even if you don't play with your main character, you simply can't suck that bad in timing and coordinating your skills. He was literally running senseless around on the map.
I still think that the matching system does have some flaws. Otherwise I can't explain myself why I keep matching with people who clearly have no idea how to play that game.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 13, 2015 10:47am | Report
I tiered down from Simply Amazing because of bad teammates. I've had a Saw leave the lane because I (as Catherine) was with him in the lane. He continually red-pinged me trying to get me to leave, too stupid to realize I was giving him every single KB on the mobs. Every time he went to the jungle he got ganked by Koshka/Ardan (3 times).

I've had a Glaive counter-build all CP enemies with Atlas Pauldrons.

I've had a Ringo go full def/utility build.

These are just to name a few. I was above a 75% win ratio all the way to SA tier, until the update. Yikes.

I understand some people are going to be better than others, lord knows I'm not going to win any world tournaments, but I've witnessed players who obviously haven't done 2 minutes of research to learn how the game works. This is my first MOBA I've ever played, and I play casually, just a few games a day except maybe Sundays, I took the time to watch at least 1 dev video and read 1 build before I started queuing up...Rant rant rant...rant rant...rant rant rant rant...rant.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 14, 2015 11:29am | Report
Same here. Just had an awesome match with another saw player who stole my character first of all. his item builds:
Flare, health potion, boots. all this items at level 12. Either a troll, a toddler playing, or someone who has severe mental issues.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » February 14, 2015 11:59am | Report
Pleepers wrote:

The exception to this is of course is anytime you get paired with anyone that quick selects SAW when he's on free rotation. Those people are trolls. Terrible opponent feeding trolls.

While I largely agree with this statement I've become guilty of insta-locking saw myself and I don't suck. I just can't take watching a piss poor saw performance while I play a character I'm not nearly as good at.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » February 14, 2015 12:03pm | Report
Elandriel wrote:

I tiered down from Simply Amazing because of bad teammates. I've had a Saw leave the lane because I (as Catherine) was with him in the lane. He continually red-pinged me trying to get me to leave, too stupid to realize I was giving him every single KB on the mobs. Every time he went to the jungle he got ganked by Koshka/Ardan (3 times).

Sorry, but just because you're giving him the KB's doesn't cut it. If you're doubling up in the lane against 1 enemy your team is going to get outleveled unless the enemy junglers (who are running 2 on 1 because you're in the lane) really suck.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 15, 2015 11:36am | Report
Kalaber wrote:

Sorry, but just because you're giving him the KB's doesn't cut it. If you're doubling up in the lane against 1 enemy your team is going to get outleveled unless the enemy junglers (who are running 2 on 1 because you're in the lane) really suck.

Not necessarily true. If Catherine can help gain momentum in the lane before wondering it can be very advantageous. I'm talking before the 4 or 5 minute mark here, not the whole game.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 15, 2015 3:30pm | Report
daily report:
Skilltier: T.O.

Me (Ringo)
Mates: Saw and Glaive.

Saw Item Builds: Flare, Boots, Battery, Hourglass, Stormguard Banner, Chronograph,

Glaive: Barbed Needle, Book of Euglosias (thats it)

All these items at level 12!

In the end we lost 32 to 4! (four because I could manage to get 4 kills at least)

sounds unbelievable??! well, welcome to my reality!!
Congrats on your matching system!

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » February 15, 2015 5:39pm | Report
@MaximusP
What skill tier is T.O.?

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 16, 2015 12:44am | Report
@jttm:

Sorry I meant "The Hotness"

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » February 16, 2015 12:37pm | Report
Pleepers wrote:

I think it's possible often times in "Pretty Good" or higher tiers you've been paired with someone that isn't playing their main. Once one is behind in getting cash they just seem noobier than normal.

I've been putting some effort into figuring out Joule and Catherine lately on "Pretty Good" when the only character I've really played before this week is Ringo and this is my first MOBA. It could definitely seem as though I'm some kind of troll as I've honestly no clue what I'm doing in the jungle.

about the SAW statement
that is the #1 thing that pisses me off so i will select Joule but not lock in make the SAW troll wait a whole minute and personally i hate SAW and not because hes bad but because i just cant get used to him ive been practicing him for awhile hes just not a good hero for me so i dont get why hes a must have hero when playing as Joule i can trash the **** out of him
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved