Vainglory Forums

Baddies get out of my queue

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » April 21, 2015 12:38pm | Report
nporaMep wrote:

I am from PoA tier and recently leveled new account with stats 65-5 before I reached PoA.
Only 2 games were because of troll players, in other games players were bad sometimes but not dramatically bad.
1 time I lagged, 2 times enemies were good.

So I think it means matchmaking fails only 3% of time, and this is good enough I guess.

And just to clarify - I have problems playing in PoA because enemies are good, but SA and anything below can't be just compared to PoA and VG.

That's what folks at SA preached, until someone better like you comes along. Folks at hidden tier above VG will say the same about POA & VG. So theres always a bigger fish with a different story.

Your story does shed some light on my theory. I think AFK rate plays a big factor in who you get matched with...those without any AFKs seem to get matched with mates who are more consistent with better win ratio. I've noticed that after I'm back to normal queue from a recent AFK, I get matched with inconsistent mates for about 4 - 5 matches then mates are good again...and it goes on until I AFK again where mates becomes shiet. Hence the vicious cycle continues lol and I am forever stuck at Hotness.

That said, I'm curious whether you mostly play teamed matches or solo queue...

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » April 21, 2015 8:18pm | Report
I played soloQ only until PoA.
Had 1 karma loss cause of internet.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » April 22, 2015 8:28am | Report
I haven't afk'd in well over 200 games. I don't think I'm getting matched with afkers. And it's not that I'm losing all of the time either, some matches I get the good teammates and we destroy the opposing team in like 12 minutes. SA is pretty close to the top of the tier list. Too close to still have scrubs queuing in it. There's an issue here, and I'm no coder but my gut tells me it's with how people gain ranks and how the match making system works. I'm not standing on a soap box saying I'm going t quit because of it. I'm not saying I'm a phenomenal player and don't deserve to lose. I'm saying I'm a decent player, I know I belong above The Hotness, and I know and can feel the difference between losing because your teammates are bad and losing because our team as a whole (including me) is being outplayed. I can tell when I've been queued with people much better than me and I'm the worst player on my team, but this happens waaaay less often than me getting paired with morons.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » April 22, 2015 8:44am | Report
That is your point of view. I see difference in game between poa and sa players. It is just visible. And all sa players are quite the same.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » April 22, 2015 10:34am | Report
I wish we could see what tiers other people are in, so we could better tell when we're being up or down-paired.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved