Vainglory Forums

Baptise rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 25, 2017 4:08pm | Report
Ok so you migt be thinking? He hasent even come out yet. Yea he hasent but his abilitys dont make much sence so im going give abilitys on what I think is much balance or makes sence for his kit

His heroic perk is fine but i will add something to it
Old:Whenever Baptise auto attack he gains a stack
New:whenever Baptise hits an enemy with his scythe he gains a stack

If your thinking,"Its the same thing."it really not because I'm going change his b ability

I also think this a ability is fine but they should have thought bigger so heres my vershion of it
Old:Baptise will throw a chemical(skillshot) if it hits an enemy then it will stop and deal damage and slow nearby enemys. If it does not hit an enemy then it will expload dealing the same damage and slowing the samw ammount.
New:Baptise will throw a chemical(skillshot) if it hits an enemy then it will stop. The chemical will now drop posion in an area for 5 seconds. Enemys who walk in the posion are now slow and take damage for a few seconds. For each second an enemy is in here they will take more damage and is slowed more. The duration also refreshes. If it does not hit an enemy then it will expload doing all of the above.

This change seems more easier for him if he gets ganked,Or if hes trying to gank, Or if hes trying to setup a teamfight, or if he is ambushing/getting ambushed

I think this is just an overpower gauntlet move or a weak petal scouttrap so I think this should be a massive change
Old:Baptise ordains a target enemy, damaging them and creating an ethereal prison around them. If the ordained target leaves the area, they are stunned and take additional damage.
New:Baptise will Throw his scythe dealing damage and knocking enemys aside. After the scythe reaches max range then it will come back to the area Baptise is or standing damageing and knocking enemys aside who get hit by it. If Baptise catches his scythe then the cooldown of this ability has been reduce. If Baptise does not catch it then it will keep damaging enemys behind baptise. After it hits max range then it will come back to Baptise no matter what but he will not get his cooldown refunded.

I like the idea of fear but I do not like how it works heres a small change
Old:Baptise summons waves of shade that terrorize enemies caught in their path. Enemies struck by the shade run from the source in fear and take damage each second.
New:Baptise will summon shades nearby that terrorize nearby enemies. Enemies struck by the shade run away from baptise and take damage

Anyways this is what i think or thought baptise should have been. Tell me if you agree on it or tell me if hes fine. Or tell me if my idea suck :(. But whatever you tell me I'll keep on mind of the information you told me if i ever get a chance to put my thoughts and rework a hero.
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » April 25, 2017 4:28pm | Report
I agree with the his current ability sounding op. It's basically a mini gauntlet.
"Life without risk is as dull and mindless as lane minions." -TheCatfish :3

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » April 25, 2017 5:47pm | Report
From all of the game play that I have witnessed Baptiste doesn't seam that strong, if anything I think that he's a bit under powered. That could have changed between when I've seen him in PBE, and the update so idk. I feel as if he is going to get a few buffs after 2.4.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 25, 2017 7:20pm | Report
yea but these reworks can potentially be better then hard buffs
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » April 26, 2017 8:24am | Report
I feel like the rework doesn't really fit in well with his whole background/lore and doesn't exactly make sense. I mean, If he's going WP, then throwing his scythe does a bit of damage but he has to wait for it to return to him before he can attack again, which means that he would be losing damage. Also, I feel like Baptiste's original abilities are slightly more original(cringe bad pun) than the reworked ones and they also don't fuse together very smoothly, whether going CP(it's sort of ok for kiting for CP but that's about it) or WP, and the reworked abilities are MUCH simpler, with no real strategy/skill involved with him. It makes it seem like Baptiste is someone who will just kite you to death(sort of like CP Gwen) and not really get into the team fight(which isn't the original idea) so I feel like Baptiste should not get those reworked abilities.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 27, 2017 11:41am | Report
His throwing scythe ability is an auto attack that is able to apply on hit affects and can crit.
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved