Vainglory Forums

Before you rant about bad players, read this.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » March 14, 2015 10:25am | Report
So it means simply amazing, pinnacle of awesome and vainglorious are for experts/pro gamers. What's wrong with it?

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » March 14, 2015 2:43pm | Report
MaximusP wrote:

Simplified: You can't win a game with bad teammates. Period. Except you are a real expert/programer. But the above-average players won't make it. I guarantee you. I usually do have 10+ kills if we lose. My kill ratio is usually above 20+ if we win. And yet I used to lose all of matches because of bad teammates.
It's just a fact which you can't deny.

Skilltier: The Hotness.

This comment was a little hard to understand. Are you trying to refute my original post, or are you stressing another point that I didn't mention?? Because I completely agree that bad teammates are the bane of any match, and that good players will frequently lose if given bad teammates. I'm not completely sure what you mean by above average players not making it. But anyways, I do agree with you, and thanks for the input :)
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » March 14, 2015 2:45pm | Report
nporaMep wrote:

So it means simply amazing, pinnacle of awesome and vainglorious are for experts/pro gamers. What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with what- the matchmaking system? Player rants about the system? Lmao not sure what you're referring to, but yes, those skill tiers are generally for the best :)
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 16, 2015 11:06am | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

Yes haha, I knew this. Did I put somewhere that it did influence the system...?

I just wanted to make sure it was clear for anyone reading this thread :)
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » March 16, 2015 2:13pm | Report
MaximusP wrote:

Simplified: You can't win a game with bad teammates. Period. Except you are a real expert/programer. But the above-average players won't make it. I guarantee you. I usually do have 10+ kills if we lose. My kill ratio is usually above 20+ if we win. And yet I used to lose all of matches because of bad teammates.

Just because you have kills, does not mean you're going to win.
Kills mean nothing in a team game, for all we know you could have stole the last hit of a kill.
You need teamwork to win, and overall the goal is to destroy the vain. And that can become blurred to people. Many times I have had teams, and am guilty of it myself, becoming too cocky when they have the upperhand and most of the kills, and wind up loosing due to their lack of good teamwork late game, and wind up being wolfpacked one by one by the enemy.
People are still mediocre in "The Hotness" once you hit SA and PoA, which can take a while without a team, it did for me, then you'll see the huge jump in gameplay.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by OcelotSi » June 20, 2015 10:43pm | Report
MaximusP wrote:

Absolute truth. Also, how do u get to hotness in the first place if u win 5 games and then lose 5 Back.... Chicken or egg

OcelotSi
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » June 21, 2015 12:46am | Report
any SA+ player can start a new account and get into hotness in 2 days.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » June 23, 2015 2:36am | Report
I totally get the point of this post and I wholeheartedly agree with it. However, there are definitely times when a single player ruins the entire match for several reasons.

Sometimes they're just trolls. They didn't come to play. They came to be a nuisance. I've had several games where a player, almost always a Saw for some reason, just ran head long in to battle immediately after spawning. I just finished a match where a Saw had 15 losses in 17 minute match. They spent most of their time camped right in front of the enemy turret getting reamed over and over again. It's frustrating to watch someone do that over and over and over. Knowing from the get go the game is almost impossible to win because they're feeding the enemy team gold and putting our team at a 2v3 disadvantage.

I'm not the greatest player, by any stretch. But I'm learning. I understand the roles of each character type and I understand what my objectives are when I play specific characters. I get that that not everyone is going to have the same mindset. It just gets frustrating when you are team high in kills for 5-6 games in a row and you're lucky to have maybe 1, or 2 wins in there. I played a game recently where I had 23 kills to my teams 26 kills and we still lost!

I'm working hard to try to get in to the higher skill tiers, but it's slow going. I seem to be stuck in the Decent-ish gold/silver level. Every time I hit gold, it's a string of losses, then back down to silver. *sigh* LOL

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » June 23, 2015 2:43am | Report
@nporaMep,

If you're at Simply Amazing, or better, you have the skills to literally win matches by yourself at lower skill tiers, up to maybe Pretty Good, or Hotness. So, you're statement is kinda moot, dude.

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » June 23, 2015 8:42am | Report
This is just an answer how to progress further.
If you want to get above Decentish, you must be able to win match with Decentish guys by yourself.
Then when you get to PG, you must to learn how to do the same with PG guys.
And so on till VG.

nporaMep
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved