Vainglory Forums

Celeste Impressions?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » February 26, 2015 6:46pm | Report
What do you guys all think of her so far?

Out of four matches I've lost three while playing her, but in those matches the supports weren't going support, so I'm not sure if it was my fault, or just the fact she's so squishy and can't survive without a good support kind of problem.

Other than that I love playing her! Huge damage and awesome ult.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keefur » February 26, 2015 7:54pm | Report
DOWNSIDE: It seems pretty easy to avoid her damage. The stun shows its coming, as does the ball, and for both you have time to react. The other team just runs away and avoids most of it. Lot of finesse in her that will take some time to use properly. Seems very squishy. Not sure her ult is all that, but will need more games to see. I would like her to have more range on basic attack, its very short for such a squishy. No close or escape abilities.

UPSIDE: Serious damage if applied correctly. The crystal increasing her basic attack is nice too.

She is fun to play, for sure, but imo she gets a "Eh...". Maybe after more games that will improve but atm cannot see wanting to make her a full time player.

Keefur
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 26, 2015 7:58pm | Report
She's tough to play with... her presence on the team also makes enemy Taka a threat now, more so ever than it was to Ringo since those crystal damage items are so precious to Celeste.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 26, 2015 9:53pm | Report
not that I've played her but in a game just now I owned her as a CP Taka
she doesn't move that fast, and nearly all her abilities are easy to avoid (i.e. you can see them coming)
I come in X-Retsu, land one or two basic hit depending on how many crit stacks I have from House Kamuha, then a Kaiten to finish her

could depend on the player's skill though, seeing as she's brand new, so this view will definitely change (but this is first impressions)

although when she did catch me holy sh!t her attacks can do damage, if I moved slow I would've definitely died

I honestly see her as a pure mage like Skaarf, though I'd love to see her played as a long range protector (bro those supernovas)

looking forward to more matches against her to see what she can do!

EDIT: she is a fantastic support if a little lacking in oomph
she also needs a lot of support (TAKA KILL STREAK GOGOGO)
I'm super pumped to play with her
my last game was the only game in which my heart was thumping and my blood was pounding throughout the whole match
Celeste-Arden-Taka combo
we were a couple hits from crushing their crystal before we were all annihilated by Petal's explosions (Petal-SAW-Koshka) before they headed over and wrecked our last two turrets and crystal

so exciting~

I swear this post is going to get longer and longer
I promise I'll stop after a third match with a Celeste
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kingy » February 27, 2015 1:11am | Report
I've played about ten games with her and I'm not impressed ...

Kingy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » February 27, 2015 2:43am | Report
Celeste is a glass cannon. And I cannot stress how fragile the glass part of her is. Like if a wind blows over it, it'll fall like cards. She is the most fragile piece of glass in the game. But in exchange for that is massive bursts of damage. I've honestly been doing quite well with her. You sorta have to stay out of fights just moving around fights poking and landing skills where you can. I cannot stress how squishy she is, you can literally she her health pumping up at base and you can see how dramatically her health bars goes up just when you use a potion. She is quite difficult to play in my opinion, but I really like her. It's quite worth sacrificing defence for super offense as she can deal out 300+ damage for heliogenesis and 500+ for a supernova. I have also caught a few enemies with my Solar Storm which was funny and enjoyed the thumps up from my teammates. Honestly, she needs her dad or her mom killer Catherine to be on team to really be able to last long enough.

Overall I think she is great :) Very fun to use and you sorta just have to adjust and be cautious with her play style. I'll be considering as my main for carry :)

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wetpaint » February 27, 2015 3:41am | Report
My best games have been when I played Celeste with a Saw to hide behind for the first half of the game. But once she gets some defense and some crystal (esp Clockwork), then she can deal out the damage to finish the game!

Glass cannon is an apt description, Denni. And she is early game cannon fodder for a Taka, cry_tears.

wetpaint
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » February 27, 2015 3:52am | Report
Just last night I shared a couple matches with Celeste, Ardan (me) and Catherine. I wonder how would the official lore explain that team...! :P

Anyway, I agree with the above points & from what the Celes user told us after the match. She is the glassiest glass cannon ever. But boy can she pack a punch! Her ultimate nearly kills off a Glaive with one shot, and it wasn't even fully charged up neither all the stars connected at once.

With a couple of protectors and smart timing she really is a power to be reckoned. The opposing SAW/Glaive/Celeste and SAW/Taka/Celeste never had a chance, as long as we played around her damage output and Ardan ringed the opponents while Catherine stunned the hell outta them. They were a really enjoyable couple of matches. Altough she'd be hard pressed to keep the lane alone against two opponents, and I even doubt she'd be able to hold it against a smart SAW.

She's a risky one, that's for sure.
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MATR1X » February 27, 2015 11:38am | Report
She's pretty squishy for my munions to eat her.

However, she does have one upperhand; She can summon her little stars while on the run, and it's very hard to avoid them when you're going after her.
Add me: MATR1X

Between Pretty Good and Hotness

Main: Petal or Krul

MATR1X
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 27, 2015 12:53pm | Report
I'm super glad I picked her up. I've actually found that she doesn't need any assistance in the lane, just play her smart and you're fine. I start with an Energy Battery, and poke the enemy laners quite often.

She does need a protector, though, in the late game. Especially against assassins and bursty heroes.

What I need to practice is auto-attacking while in between my skills.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved