Vainglory Forums

Celeste Impressions?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 27, 2015 4:34pm | Report
It's very frustrating that everyone wants to pick Celeste and I end up waiting 2-3 queues for a game because some players can't just suck it up and pick someone else. And then they end up dying 10+ times.

I've yet to see a Celeste player pwn like Ciderhelm did with her on Twitch.

13+ kills? Pfff...fuggedaboutit

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by shiftycent » February 27, 2015 6:03pm | Report
Fun play style

I've only hit nightmare with her once as with arden I get nightmare over and over

I love to b able to poke crystals in bushes and her perk make it hard for teams to ambush

none of her spells are instant damage, everything seems to take a split second or two. Seems as though I have to do way to muh anticipation of enemy positioning

Over all I feel other toons are a way better choice. But she's fun atm cuz she's new

shiftycent
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » February 28, 2015 9:14am | Report
My biggest appeal is her ultimate range. You can activate, click on minimap where any distant enemies are, click on the enemies on main map, and you get an accurate long distance snipe.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by AnalMiracle » February 28, 2015 9:40am | Report
Nerf plix, broken has heck.

AnalMiracle
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » February 28, 2015 4:29pm | Report
She reminds me a lot of skaarf; the only differences between them is the fact that Celeste is squishier but packs a bigger punch.

As everybody else said, her defense is atrocious. The good celestes that I've seen stayed at the back of the fight out of the enemy's reach while dealing big damage. She does well with support/tankier players who can distract the team. & yeah, she's a hard chase as she'll light you up as you follow her.

But anyways, I find her interesting. Give her a few weeks & she could be the bane of every match... O.O
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 28, 2015 7:26pm | Report
wetpaint wrote:

My best games have been when I played Celeste with a Saw to hide behind for the first half of the game. But once she gets some defense and some crystal (esp Clockwork), then she can deal out the damage to finish the game!

Glass cannon is an apt description, Denni. And she is early game cannon fodder for a Taka, cry_tears.

haha don't you know it! as a Taka main I become super happy when I see a Celeste on the opposite team. because she's new a lot of people are trying to maximize her crystal damage and don't build up any sort of defense - minimal at best if they bother remembering - otherwise it's incredibly easy and satisfying to burst her down and make battles 3v2 (assuming my teammates see me coming and move in closer while avoiding her skills)
of course I run into trouble later because after bursting killing her five or six times her teammates wise up and accompany her, so I have to actually use legit hit-and-run tactics (just as fun and works just as well since my Kaku lasts as long as my X-Retsu cooldown)
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 28, 2015 10:24pm | Report
she is a waste of time and money. worst fail character of the century. sorry to say that.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » March 1, 2015 12:07am | Report
Let's just say MAGES SUCK. So don't get all hyped up and excited next time you hear a Mage coming out. Or maybe even any new hero. Because all I hear everytime is, *Oh, she sucks, He sucks, Skaarf Sucks, He's too squishy, Waste of glory, Waste of ice, this new hero is a flop, I regret buying this* when a new hero comes out. Seems like unless they release someone like your beloved Saw/Petal/Adagio, you guys won't shut up. Guess what, you suck. The heros are all balanced and have strengths and weaknesses, and if you can not figure them out, too bad, the Devs won't be making a hero with difficulty: Dead Simple. You guys never stop to be grateful about how fast the Devs are rolling out the new heros and just complain how bad and how YOU can't play new Heroes.

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Pleepers » March 1, 2015 6:59am | Report
She's not as terrible as some people would have you think. I did get 10+ wins with her more than once. She is VERY squishy and absolutely hates taka, but damn can she do damage.

The key is to play to her strengths, stay back and fire away. And avoid her weaknesses, stay a million miles away from taka and don't try to fire through Catherine.
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME NORTH AMERICA, I'M HERE TO SERVE YOU
IGN: Pleepleus
Might be getting Good with: Adagio, Ringo, Catherine
Tier: Pretty Good

Pleepers
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » March 1, 2015 9:30am | Report
Pleepers wrote:

She's not as terrible as some people would have you think. I did get 10+ wins with her more than once. She is VERY squishy and absolutely hates taka, but damn can she do damage.

The key is to play to her strengths, stay back and fire away. And avoid her weaknesses, stay a million miles away from taka and don't try to fire through Catherine.

you got it there brotha
enemy team wouldn't let me close enough to see the celebrity and ran interference whenever I was closer than half a map away and by late game the screen was so clogged up with skill animations I didn't see her anyway

I had to wait 11 games for her to be on my team just so I could get a look at her in game character LOL (that staff though)
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved