Vainglory Forums

Do you think that a protector roam and a protector jungle is a good team?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Protector roam + protector jungle op team?
Yes
No
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » March 10, 2017 3:53am | Report
Recently I ended up with a person who picked WP jungle ardan and I used phinn as a roam. I didn't think that this would work out well, but it turned out quite the opposite. In fact, a tactic we used by complete accident was he used his gauntlet, they got stunned on the edge, then when they tried to run off I hooked them right back into it with forced accord. Then, I just used quibble! I've also done this myself experimenting with different protectors and using them as jungles and this is what I found:

WP Ardan + Phinn is almost always a win

CP Catherine + Flicker is almost always a win

CP Catherine + Lyra or Adagio is almost always a win

WP Lance + Phinn or Ardan is almost always a win

I guess it depends on how you look at it, but it seems like protectors combined with protectors are just overpowered. I'm pretty sure it mostly relies on certain comps, but I haven't experimented with it much yet. What do you all think?
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » March 14, 2017 7:40pm | Report
Depends on whether the Captain can be played effectively as a Carry. Just look at Adagio, he can be played as a Carry even though he is supposed to be a Captain. Lance just changes roles when he wants to. It also depends on the pilot, with Crystal Ardan landing the Gauntlet right on top of the enemy team is crucial as the Crystal damage will be devastating(Or you can combo Phinn or Lance to force them into the Gauntlet wall).
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Radiance » March 14, 2017 10:38pm | Report
The problem with the protector comps you listed above is that they all scale into very high health with less damage.
This makes them very easy victims for Aftershock.
The only time when you might want to have a protector comp is with Lyra, as she is not hit as hard by aftershock due to her squishyness as a roamer. Then, having a tanky jungler may not be such a bad idea.
And Adagio can be played as anything because he is just crazily flexible lol.
His range gives him his WP Aspect, his Agent of Wrath gives him his CP Aspect, and the Heals and CC in his kit make up his roam aspect.
But of course, I have already explained this before ^_^

Click for Adagio Stuffz :3
Hello Everyone! I am Radiance, the Creator of 3 Essential Adagio Builds, which is the Highest rated Adagio guide on the Forums. I am also an Experienced Website Coder, and theorycraft enthusiast. I enjoy learning about the lore and story behind every game and every character. I like to find meaning in things that mean little to anyone, and uncover the secrets in Vainglory's tiniest of Details. I am a ROAM Main, and I play different genres of games, including sandbox, fps, and other MOBAS.

Radiance
Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved