Vainglory Forums

Feeling a bit dumb with this game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grag » February 23, 2015 4:41pm | Report
I'm usually a pretty decent gamer but I can't quite figure this game out...sometimes my team mutilates the other team for no good reason and vice versa. Is there some kind of nerf or vendetta going on? I rack my brain when I see a player wipe me out like I'm nothing and then look at their gear which is in my mind not enough to do what they did. I saw Glavire have no weapens in their gear and yet hit hard like he had three sorrowblades? I swear I must be an idiot since no one else complains of this! Oh well guess I need to play something else that makes more sense to me.

Grag
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » February 23, 2015 5:07pm | Report
How long have you been playing?? If you've only been playing say, 20 games, then it may not make too much sense to you right now lol. Read this if you want to understand it!!

It really depends on the character. Each character has three abilities on the bottom that allow them to perform unique moves. Certain characters have abilities that allow them to do heavy damage at one time. The glaive probably used his ultimate, which is an ability that builds stacks from basic attacks. He can build up to 20 stacks, & when he uses his 3rd ability, it releases all of the stacks at once. Each stack provides damage, so as you can see, he can do A LOT of damage in one hit if he has all 20 stacks.

The same goes for many other players with their abilities. Krul has a stack system with his second ability, & his damage is even more, except his stacks build on one player & disappear if that player gets away. Many characters have crazy damage abilities that can wreck you (usually they're ultimates, which is the third ability on the far right). Taka can dish quick damage with his ult, saw can, glaive can, & so on.

This quick damage is called "burst damage." It comes from abilities & is quick & useful. It can be made stronger by using crystal item to build crystal powers. Weapon power, on the other hand, is built with weapon items & only builds basic attack damage. So, sorrow blades wouldn't help glaive hit hard when he dishes out all this damage because he used an ability to do this.

I hope this makes some sense to you. Ability use is really important when it comes to killing people. Nobody complains of it cause most people eventually understand the ability system haha. I wouldn't recommend playing something else as vain glory is like the coolest game ever when you figure it out.

Good luck learning abilities!! Add me in game at Bootylicious if you need some helping learning & winning lol
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grag » February 23, 2015 5:53pm | Report
Is the stacks the blue bar?

Grag
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » February 23, 2015 7:20pm | Report
Hana no, ENERGY is the blue bar. Energy is required to use your abilities; you use up energy through ability use, and you can regain it over time or by taking a potion. You can also buy batteries to increase your max energy & regenerate it faster.

I should've mentioned that not every player builds stacks. Glaive and krul build them; krul's are shown as dots above another players head & glaive' are shown in the bottom left corner of a glaive player's screen. A few other players build them in various ways- taka builds stacks that can give him more critical hits, saw builds stacks that make him shoot faster, and so on. Also, stacks can be built to strengthen your basic attacks if you buy breaking point, but those stacks have to be built while fighting other players and disappear after the fight is over.

But remember, a stack is just the term for the individual part of something that can "stack" over time to give you increased damage, defense, shield pierce, or whatever, depending on your character and items.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grag » February 23, 2015 8:02pm | Report
Ok that makes more sense..thank you!

Grag
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kingy » February 23, 2015 9:14pm | Report
Let's put it this way - I played ardan today with ALL defence items and only boots and made 16 kills 1 death ... In pretty good tier ....games broken

Kingy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kingy » February 23, 2015 9:14pm | Report
Let's put it this way - I played ardan today with ALL defence items and only boots and made 16 kills 1 death ... In pretty good tier ....games broken

Kingy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » February 24, 2015 7:30am | Report
Kingy wrote:

the game isnt broken you will have that dominate game and that nondominate game it happens to us all
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grag » February 25, 2015 4:39pm | Report
OK I have done he math, the game is messed up...I'm not sure how no one has figured this out that there has to be a handicap put in or somthing of the sort cause I have calculated out the different senarios of gear, power, etc. and it doesn't add up. I am pretty sure it is sizing up awesome groups who have high ranks with lower groups, which would definately boost their ego's. Well enough of my rant..I really wanted to like the game, but it frustrates me too much and isn't worth the stress!

Grag
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » February 26, 2015 9:13am | Report
That's really too bad. I'm new and have never played a MOBA before, so I researched my chosen heros and practiced with them until I felt reasonably competent. It all starts to make more sense the more you play. I now have a better understanding of which weapons or abilities to use against my enemies...but all of this takes time and It was well worth it; this is an awesome game! Put some time into learning and practice and I'm sure you'll love it as much as the rest of us do!

Kismutt
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved