Vainglory Forums

Feeling a bit dumb with this game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grag » March 1, 2015 11:27pm | Report
Sadly Im stuck at decentish and keep dying and have played the game a lot. At karma 20 even. I obviously can't grasp the power fighting concept.

Grag
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » March 2, 2015 4:39am | Report
Most important in Vainglory is map control and build adaption. Always check the map to be aware of enemies and your allies and always check your enemies their builds, to see what they're building so you can counter. For example, if they're building alot of weapon dmg, you build metal jacket or atlas depending on their setup, if they're building crystal dmg, you build aegis. If you're the one dishing dmg it is important to counter build their defensive items, for example, if they're building metal jacket, you should get a bone saw, if you're building crystal dmg and they have an aegis, you should get broken myth. Hope this helped...and lastly, remember, practice....makes master =]
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » March 2, 2015 9:02am | Report
it also took me awhile to realize that I can see other builds while playing by tapping on learn ( I think that's the button...:)) that really helps a lot!

Kismutt
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Antey » March 2, 2015 6:41pm | Report
Grag wrote:

OK I have done he math, the game is messed up...I'm not sure how no one has figured this out that there has to be a handicap put in or somthing of the sort cause I have calculated out the different senarios of gear, power, etc. and it doesn't add up. I am pretty sure it is sizing up awesome groups who have high ranks with lower groups, which would definately boost their ego's. Well enough of my rant..I really wanted to like the game, but it frustrates me too much and isn't worth the stress!

You nailed it. I noticed that too, same build agains same class/level without any shield/defense items and one game they melt and another one I can't scratch them...there is definitely something going on.

Antey
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » March 5, 2015 7:22am | Report
Antey wrote:

You nailed it. I noticed that too, same build agains same class/level without any shield/defense items and one game they melt and another one I can't scratch them...there is definitely something going on.

I have to agree with this. At first I thought this may have happened because I was under leveled compared to others, and was getting destroyed in a few strokes. But it wasn't the case; we were all 12s by then.

Interesting point on the handicap. Wonder if when high skill gets paired with low skill, there's some handicap power that gets added.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 5, 2015 8:16am | Report
The enemy could be using Halcyon Potion, Fountain of Renewal or have an Adagio using Gift of Fire on them. Counter building is key to staying alive. If they're all wp, go Metal Jacket, all cp go Aegis, all attack speed go Atlas Pauldron.

If you don't remember what an item does while looking at the scoreboard, click on it, a description box should appear.

As for doing damage, know which heroes are naturally tanky, when enemies are going tanky, and if you should pick up a Piercing Spear or a Piercing Shard.

I would also recommend watching and asking questions to streamers. They're a great resource.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved