Vainglory Forums

Glaive's Passive

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » April 13, 2016 6:03am | Report
Glaive current passive is Hunt the Weak. It gives him an AOE cleave every time he crits. I find this rather underwhelming. Yes, you can do decent AOE damage, but it's no where near enough to make it very useful, in my opinion. Also, I feel like it has very little to do with the name of the passive, or the nature of Glaive as a hero. Glaive is blind, but somehow has heightened senses. I think that making his passive do what it does now (it does make sense, since he has a massive *** rocket powered axe), but add 2 components to it. One being that he gains a wider field of vision on enemies that are below, let's say, 35% health. It would also reveal them regardless of whether or not they are stealth/in a bush. Next, he could (A or B) A) gain either a % bonus of flat damage bonus to critical strikes on enemies below X% of health or B) gain a crit chance bonus on enemies below X% health. I think this would not only be fitting to the character of the hero, but also go along smoothly with his current playstyle of a high-burst, decent-sustain melee jungler. I don't know. Maybe even scrap the second part. I just think gaining vision of low health enemies within a certain distance would not only be a cool ability, but useful in its neiche while still being balanced. Just wanted to get the idea out there.

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 13, 2016 12:39pm | Report
This is way to complicated, his passive is great and with the changes to breaking point can be extremely op against a clustered team

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 13, 2016 3:07pm | Report
His passive his amazing. You have no idea what your talking about mate.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » April 14, 2016 4:51am | Report
Hmmm. Maybe I'm just not using it right. But... how? It deals reduced damage to enemies that aren't the one being selected to be Auto Attacked, and it's rather rare that you end up in a situation that you can actually hit more than one hero with the passive at once? I don't quite understand. How would I position myself?

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » April 14, 2016 7:16am | Report
354RRR wrote:

Hmmm. Maybe I'm just not using it right. But... how? It deals reduced damage to enemies that aren't the one being selected to be Auto Attacked, and it's rather rare that you end up in a situation that you can actually hit more than one hero with the passive at once? I don't quite understand. How would I position myself?

Get into the center of fights and start whacking away.
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 14, 2016 7:35am | Report
My favorite build is to rush tyrants and tornado then build bone saw if they are building damage but if not the breaking point, yes I know a atlas will destroy this build, that's why you get a reflex block as well

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » April 14, 2016 3:39pm | Report
Glaive is crazy strong as a burst hero this time round. His passive ability, built with Tyrants Monacle, Tension Bow and either Tornado Trigger or Bonesaw (depending on enemy team build) makes him able to burn down enemies pretty quick. Thats probably all the offensive items you'll need throughout the whole game. As long as you save your Afterburn till near the end of the fight to either catch a fleeing enemy of retreat in hurry, you should do just fine. I'm very happy with where he is at right now. I personally build Tension Bow first to win the early game fights and jungle invades, which gets me ahead on gold to build into the more expensive items. I haven't really been able to keep Glaive in the fight for long enough to get use from Breaking Point, so I spend the money on items that pack up front punch power.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 15, 2016 7:25am | Report
His passive gives him automatic life steal so breaking point is a amazing item on him, just make sure you build some defenses also

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Synchronyze » April 15, 2016 9:17am | Report
Quoted:
His passive gives him automatic life steal so breaking point is a amazing item on him, just make sure you build some defenses also

Glaive only gets his life steal when upgrading his ult for the first time, not as his passive.
SUPPORT MAIN ALERT

Synchronyze
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » April 15, 2016 11:38pm | Report
I mean, I know how to build Glaive and stuff; he is my main champion. I just feel like his passive doesn't have a MASSIVE influence on the game; it's surely useful, but it's not particularly influencial, either. Check out Phinn's passive. Not only is it unique/fitting to his character, but is a large reason why he can be very useful as a front line tank. I dunno. Does the cleave really help Glaive with his single-target burst, which, often times, is his strongest strength (yes, Glaive is also strong in general teamfights, but I feel like he was designed to be like an assassin that has both burst and decent sustain.)? I don't know...

By the way, is Tension Bow a viable buy for the early game on Glaive?

354RRR
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved