Vainglory Forums

How to become better, and earn more money

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by FloS » February 15, 2015 2:33pm | Report
I read many build guides and general advice and try to incorporate that into my game, but I think good video advice would be most helpful. Also how is it possible to earn money faster during the game? I am on low ELO levels but just was matched against a team who were farming really quickly and created pressure in the lane at the same time. I would like to know how that is done? They absolutely beat my random team, and outearned us double. By the time I had Warhorn on Cathrine, my opposing Cathrine had Crucible, boots, fountain and some other tier 1 item.
I was never able to farm that much as Cathrine so quickly especially when buying only defensive items. Any advise? Also what are the best advice threats here to read?
Thanks

FloS
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » February 15, 2015 5:55pm | Report
Unfortunately I cannot provide video myself.
You should watch Vainglory streams (on Twitch), which have really helped me understand the general flow of gameplay and develop a solid playstyle. I recommend ShinKaigan, who is not only entertaining and highly-skilled but also responds to game questions in the chat (like your questions) and reqularly provides explanations for his decisions ingame and other tips.

As for your farming question, you should know that Catherine is naturally a slow farmer.
Obviously, rush Stormguard Banner early on, don't wait in the brush or remain inactive for more than 10 seconds, and constantly look out for opportunities to get enemy creeps (the jungle camp npcs). Your priority is almost always farming early on and do not chase kills unless they are easy kills. Kills are less gold than farm (creeps) in most cases. The worst thing players do is wait in the brush or in lane, waiting for opportunities. This can really get you behind.

Less obvious tips are more about your abilities. For Catherine, get the B ability first, pop B ability (Stormguard) while farming/hitting creeps and avoid using your A ability (Merciless Pursuit) on creeps (only use it in PVP).
Hope that helps. It is very strange that an enemy team could outfarm your team by double unless you were losing badly and they kept you out of your own jungle.

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » February 15, 2015 11:46pm | Report
As Cath, the most important part is map control. That said, you might want to stock up on mines early game and set them in vital areas, such as the bush at enemy side close to the middle miner where the kraken spaws, also at the kraken spawn and enemy side bush next to the shop. This will allow you vision where the enemy is going and thus will further increase your chances to properly farm. As support, you should most of the times walk together with your Jungler and let him/her last hit the mobs until you can afford banner. At early-mid game, replace mines with flares, lots of flares. It is your job as support to keep yourself and your team informed of the enemies location. This is especially important if you're up against Taka, to prevent him from escaping with Kaku. Always keep an eye on the map and never roam solo unless you're really in dire need to farm to catch up. Cath needs the least gold out of all heroes in the end, use it wisely, check your enemies build path constantly and adapt from there on.
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 17, 2015 11:49am | Report
Totally agree with jttm and Fenelia. Watching twitch streams and asking questions will help you learn the game better.

I'll be streaming tonight at around 6:30pm EST. Drop by and request that I play Catherine and I'd love to!

A quick tip to add to what's above: Use Scout Traps for map awareness and make sure to have boots to be everywhere all the time. A great Catherine player will be involved in over 75% of your team's points :)
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 16, 2016 12:39pm | Report
I like how the last three responses are by fake accounts

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » May 20, 2016 5:53am | Report
Jesus Christ shut up with the fake accounts

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Apocalypse27 » June 2, 2016 9:39pm | Report
if u cant farm fast enough then theres something different abt ur team.
1: YOU are farming instaed of ur jungler, which means that you are just ****ing the game up so dont complain.
2: ur jungler naturally famrs slower (krul etc) so you guys will farm slower.

Apocalypse27
Quote | PM | +Rep by andrew17011 » June 30, 2016 1:45pm | Report
@MacJones @NancyJones @AakriBusu I think FloS means "gold" when he/she talks about get money. Of course, you probably already knew that and have created accounts to advertise "Earn Honey", or you're bots. Regardless, see you as you will probably get the ban hammer :)

Update: I forgot @MiaJones :)
Andrew17011
Graphic Designer
Got Swagger is BAE!!1!

andrew17011
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved