Vainglory Forums

I find draft mode pretty frustrating

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 30, 2016 3:35pm | Report
I don't mind draft mode but tbh it should be a seperate gameplay option for ranked and casual.

Eg:

Blind Casual Solo queue
Draft Casual Solo Queue
Blind Ranked Solo queue

Etc.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Noatorious » April 1, 2016 12:33am | Report
Having the same frustration as I can't pick the same character as the oops ok g team. GRT RID OF DRAFT MODE PLEASE!!

Noatorious
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 1, 2016 1:14pm | Report
You realise you can pick a counter to the enemy teams pick right?

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Victory 101 » April 2, 2016 2:53pm | Report
You can still use skins in draft mode, right after you pick a character it asks you which skin you're going to use. And to deal with the people who pick after you, just pay attention to which characters they are are soft picking (yes, i'm talking about draft) and pick accordingly. Personally, I've been loving draft mode, the hero picking is half of the fight. :P

Also, draft mode makes sure that much more the people who play in ranked actually know how to play the game, as shown by he 8 hero requirement.

Victory 101
Quote | PM | +Rep by Apexw0lf » April 4, 2016 9:12am | Report
**** no. Draft is the way ranked's in moba's works. Cant play more than one hero or role tough titties learn or don't play ranked. God dam sick of entitled kids dodging ranked matches or trolling because they don't get their position or role.

Either adapt and learn various roles and heroes or stay the hell out of ranked.

Apexw0lf
Quote | PM | +Rep by andrew17011 » April 4, 2016 5:01pm | Report
@uncrudable

I think that it should go like

Blind Casual
Blind Rank
Draft Rank -> (Needs to be in party)

I think this since drafting with friends is actually pretty fun, and involves some strategy to get the hero your teammates want, depending on your order. You also (should) know your teammate(s) playstyle, so you can pick a hero to go along with their choice.
Andrew17011
Graphic Designer
Got Swagger is BAE!!1!

andrew17011
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 4, 2016 5:36pm | Report
Yeah I do support having them as seperate modes of choice.

Draft Casual
Draft Ranked
Blind Casual
Blind Ranked

Draft shouldn't be restricted to parties though, it's a better experience playing party draft but that doesn't mean solo queue draft has to be off the table all together.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by andrew17011 » April 5, 2016 6:26pm | Report
@uncrudable Still, this might make matchmaking take longer, or have unevenly matched teams since there are now 4 pools of players. Perhaps they could have the draft casual and ranked players still play together, only the players that choose rank have a change. (Same for Draft) -> Then, when the ranked players lose due to people messing around, that can be marked as trolling.
Andrew17011
Graphic Designer
Got Swagger is BAE!!1!

andrew17011
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 6, 2016 12:44am | Report
Good point matchmaking would take ages unfortunately.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » April 14, 2016 4:06pm | Report
The draft has added another dimension of skill to the game. It forces players who truly want to rank up and truly be good at the game to be flexible with several different heroes. If you're a player that is pretty good with only one hero, then you're missing out on a lot of fun with this game. The game actually begins at the draft and good teams will get a huge advantage before the game even begins due to the quality (and timing) of their hero picks. The soft picking really helps in solo Q. For example, if your teammate who is picking 3rd on your team is soft picking Glaive, and you're picking first and want Catherine, you should probably get Glaive first and then swap after the draft. Let them know you want to swap during the draft by showing Roam/Utility while you picked Glaive, then "thumbs up" the hero you want to use as support. Then just swap after the draft! There is a lot of skill required before the game even begins to set your team up for success. I am glad to not have to worry about mirror matches in ranked anymore, it brings a lot of variety to the game.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved