Vainglory Forums

I find draft mode pretty frustrating

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » March 21, 2016 12:15pm | Report
Maybe this is just me, but I enjoyed VG more before draft mode. We could design teams as we pleased, I had a much better chance of getting my desired hero, I didn't get stuck in last turn & have to tough it out with a ****ty team combo or a hero I'm not as good with... Etc. I've also noticed a lot more rude behavior- players seem to respond really negatively when they don't get the spot they want. I've noticed far more matches not going through as a result of players not getting their desired positions. And finally, all it takes is one of those demanding saw players or something of that nature to throw the entire team off... I mean, prior to draft mode, I could at least respond accordingly if a player screwed up the team combo by a bad pick or an instalock. Now I'm ****ed if I pick ringo & the next player on my team picks a laner.

I'm sure some players enjoy draft mode, & it does have its perks, but these are my thoughts on it. The fact that I'm trying hard to get skins for my favorite characters, only to not be able to play those characters hardly ever, is pretty frustrating. I don't see much point in busting my *** for glory or spending money on ice to get good skins if my chances of being able to use that character are significantly reduced
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 21, 2016 1:24pm | Report
same.

I enjoyed VG a little more when draft mode wasn't in ranked mode.

At least people aren't playing the same heroes over and over again(Blackfeather, Kestrel, Skye, etc.).

I agree with the skins. There's no point in buying them if you can't use them. Unfortunately, I bought skins before I realized this, so my Tier 2 Skaarf skin is now useless and can only be played in casual mode :(
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » March 22, 2016 8:49am | Report
Just play casual

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 22, 2016 12:06pm | Report
vikings102 wrote:

Just play casual

yeah I play casual when I want to try out a new skin :)
I usually end up carrying the team though lol

sometimes I switch back and forth between ranked and casual so if things aren't going well in ranked I play casual.

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » March 24, 2016 8:43pm | Report
I have switched to casual almost permanently now, and my rank has dropped to Decent-ish. In fact, I play casual so much that I get matched with POA players in casual, lol.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 27, 2016 2:31pm | Report
Don't worry about your rank, I think they'll be changing everyone to unranked again anyway, so you can vs poa players in ranked and be the same skill tier as everyone else until you get back to poa.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 27, 2016 5:41pm | Report
uncrudable wrote:

Don't worry about your rank, I think they'll be changing everyone to unranked again anyway, so you can vs poa players in ranked and be the same skill tier as everyone else until you get back to poa.

Yup happens every season
Hopefully this marks the end of this awful season(I've been dropping rank quickly) and the beginning of a great one.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SNapEl » March 28, 2016 2:59am | Report
2 missteps by SEMC.
Draft mode in solo play
Whatever ****py update they did to the match maker.

SNapEl
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 28, 2016 6:18am | Report
Actually, nowadays the draft mode is working pretty well for me.
Believe or not, people are playing support without being forced to.
Don't ask me why they're doing this but they are, and it's wonderful.

Even I played support and when I did I won all my games. To be fair, it was only one game. But I won!

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » March 30, 2016 9:40am | Report
i have around 850 wins (so prob 1200 lost) and have completely switched to casual because draft is so annoying. I would rather race and lose to get my character than play draft. there needs to be a choice for ranked. i love playing support, so what has nothing to do with it, but when you play draft you can't really hone it on being REALLY good at a character, which i do. i don't like to play different people unless I am really bored, otherwise i will play one person for a month or two to really get good with them
Stay Frosty

sasquatch

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved