Vainglory Forums

I guess I will start Insta-locking too . . .

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » February 28, 2015 6:08pm | Report
I hate insta-lockers and generally choose not to play with them. It used only happen on the lower tiers but now its happening on Pretty Good and Hotness. I can't tell you how many times I have Taka or another hero picked and am waiting for others to choose. After several seconds of waiting, bam, someone comes in and Insta-locks my hero I had highlighted and wanted to play. Dude . . . Really?! I used just not pick anyone after that happened because I don't want to play with a selfish insta-locking type person. Now they are punishing for it and you get a matchmaking cooldown before you can play again. I hate a match not going through as much as the next person but punishing for this is encouraging insta-locking.

I know I can just pick another hero but it is just letting these slimy Insta-lockers win. Also sometimes I can only play a few games and am working on a build or practicing with a character. Once somebody highlights a character nobody else should be able to highlight/pick them. Then everybody can sort out the team and nobody has to worry about Insta-locking.

I feel like I need to insta-lock now in order to play a certain character because everyone is doing it. Otherwise I am forced to play with a selfish teammate/ a hero I don't like or not as good at with. I don't mind it at all every once and awhile but people have been insta-locking on me way to much lately.

Stop the madness!!!!
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 28, 2015 7:31pm | Report
this is a really good point, but if we insta-lock there's a higher chance of playing in a less-balanced team; on the flip side if we wait with a character highlighted and someone else insta-locks him we can still play another character to balance the team but we'll probably suck with it because of unfamiliarity (I'm almost exclusive with Taka and hoo boy I've lost matches playing support/lane characters I haven't the foggiest how to use properly)
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » February 28, 2015 8:29pm | Report
I find this thread relatable.. Mainly because I just skipped a game because a ringo instalocked while I had him selected :-)

I would advise you to learn multiple heroes. Expand your knowledge!! A laner, tank, & jungler is what I recommend learning so that you can have a variety to choose from when some idiot instalocks. Plus, as the above poster emphasized, it helps when balancing a team. The best way to learn a new hero is to log out of your account & play with the newbies as the hero of your choice... You'll get to wreck them while trying out builds, learning ability use, & so on. That's what I was doing with Ringo lol.

& I wouldn't recommend insta locking either; it can really hurt a team. Just skip the match. I generally find instalockers to be not as good; they're more self-oriented and care less about actually winning. If you're running low on time then go ahead & instalock; time is important lol.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » February 28, 2015 8:51pm | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

I wouldn't recommend insta locking either; it can really hurt a team. Just skip the match.

That's what I am saying. I do skip the match but then you are timed out for 4 minutes+ increasing every time you skip a match. The system incentivizes players to insta-lock their first choice and make the other two pick their 2nd choice, best fit for the team (even though they might suck at it) or be punished with a cool-down.
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » February 28, 2015 9:08pm | Report
Don't you think most good players are PoA or Simply amazing and pretty good and hotness are for all bad players? I think I got hotness in several days after game launch, so it indicates no skill.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 28, 2015 10:28pm | Report
just had the pleasure to play with some outrageous noobs:

-me choosing SAW player.

-mate1: instant lockin SKAARF
-mate2: lockin ADAGIO

-me: WTF?!

-me choosing SAW
-mate1: instant locking RINGO
-mate2: instant locking SAW

*BRAVO BRAVO CLAP CLAP*

this game has some severe flaws!!!!

PS: my skilltier was "the hotness". now im back to "pretty good" aftre losing the last 8 games because of noobish teammates.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » March 1, 2015 3:00am | Report
pretty good and hotness is killable solo, so if you have 2 idiots in lane and you get whole jungle to yourself then you are good to go.
If you can't do so then it is your skill tier. To get PoA or Simply Amazing even you have to be able to win such games.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » March 1, 2015 9:05am | Report
MaximusP wrote:

just had the pleasure to play with some outrageous noobs:

-me choosing SAW player.

-mate1: instant lockin SKAARF
-mate2: lockin ADAGIO

-me: WTF?!

-me choosing SAW
-mate1: instant locking RINGO
-mate2: instant locking SAW

*BRAVO BRAVO CLAP CLAP*

this game has some severe flaws!!!!

PS: my skilltier was "the hotness". now im back to "pretty good" aftre losing the last 8 games because of noobish teammates.

How does people insta locking make the game have flaws?? The devs cannot stop people from insta-locking a character, it's the flaw of the people playing the game.
I was once kicked from PoA back down to "The Hotness" From a loosing streak.
I'm back in Simply Amazing now.
Just get through the lower tiers and barely anyone insta-locks, and if they do they're usually good.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » March 2, 2015 4:43am | Report
Instalocking is cool, I always do that to prevent others from taking my beloved Koshka. The kitty is all mine! Oh, and the cookies, plus the shiny stuff (^-^)
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » March 2, 2015 5:20am | Report
If you insta pick your hero but do not lock it and then do not change it if someone else wants it then you are same idiot as instalocker based on your logic.
There is no chat on pick, so if all are insta lockers it is bad, if all are waiting for someone else to pick then you can't select heroes.
So you need couple of insta lockers each game and someone who is waiting for others to pick.

nporaMep
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved