Vainglory Forums

I guess I will start Insta-locking too . . .

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by haltair » March 2, 2015 6:00am | Report
When this happens I always think that the player who insta lock feels really good just with that character.
In my case, I am a newbie, just several days playing, and I manage well with just Ringo (lane) and Koshka (jungle). In one game one player started selecting Koshka and instalocking,the secondplayer selected Ringo without locking, I choosed Ringo too, he did not lock the character after several seconds and started opening ardan too...so my interpretation was " I prefer Ringo but can handle with Ardan, up to you...", I locked Ringo so he selected Ardan...We won and everything was fine....

Best,

Haltair

haltair
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 2, 2015 6:51am | Report
the thing with instalockers is whatever if you only focus on one hero thats your own fault learn multiple heroes do you have to learn all them no but enough that you can be able to keep your team in the game

for me i always select Ringo but dont lock cause i hate laneing with 2 laners so if someone locks in Adagio, SAW, Petal, Ringo, or Celeste i select my next hero Koshka if she is taken i choose Krul, or Joule the variety of heroes is crucial stop complaining about instalockers unless they ingame are trolls or selfish or just plain bad
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 2, 2015 7:25am | Report
@nporaMep For a lot of players, VainGlory is their first moba. There's a large learning curve, and because it's such an accessible game (seeing as it's on iOS) there's going to be a huge age range as well. For veteran moba players, they probably will reach the higher tiers quicker, but there's no need to put other players down.

Also, sometimes matches are going to be nearly impossible to win. I was lane with 2 junglers. We aced the other team several times, had 10 more points then they did, but we never pushed the lane. I kept pinging, but as a hard lane carry I was too squishy to finish taking the last 3 turrets.

@BSchafer I've had issues with this as well recently. Lots of players insta-locking Celeste, Koshka, and Ringo (?). Not sure why Ringo, but hey, whatever floats their boats. I would highly recommend finding a few players you like to queue with and play as a duo or trio. Even if you aren't using voice chat, you start to know what the others are thinking and can rake in the wins.

@Cwallace000 I think what this thread is about is people who insta-lock, forcing the other two mates to adapt and make a good team comp around the insta-locker. And while players should make sure they can play more than one role, some can not, and often times (in my experience) the insta-locker is trying out a hero and goes 0-8-2 ( Celeste insta-lockers have been cruel to me). Losing matches because one ally is constantly dead, especially when you could have played that role better, is frustrating. Try offering encouragement or advice, not "suck it up".

Speaking of advice, I hugely recommend learning a support hero to always be ablt to make a more balanced team, and being able to be that play-maker with them. I play support Glaive and it's rare when I lose while playing him.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » March 2, 2015 11:11pm | Report
It's not so much about experience in MOBA. Even if I have some experience in LoL though I am bad at it, here I just watched some tutorials and reached Hotness just by buying recommended items and after watching in-game tutorials.
Then I found couple guides for heroes I liked and got PoA pretty easily.

Anyway on topic of insta-lockers: I observe BAD instalockers are those who played Ardan or Celeste in first days of their release. Often they are guys who didn't think about how they will play, didn't watch promo video, didn't play practice match to try hero with bots.
Other instalockers who locks in old heroes are usually good and it's much better to play around their picks than to force them to pick other heroes. I much more hate to play with some "I CAN PLAY EVERYONE TO FIT TEAM COMPOSITION, IT'S ALL ABOUT TEAM COMP" and then they build wrong items, don't understand skills in details and do a lot of mistakes.
Especially guys who in situation like "I select Ringo, they select laner, then in 10 secs they change to Adagio and than it happens that they thought to go duo lane with Ringo/Adagio". I usually like "WTF you better insta lock your laner than changing to Adagio to support in lane".

Anyway on low level (low level is anything lower than vainglorious) it's much better to focus on 1-2 heroes maximum and just dodge matches where your heroes do not fit.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Archibear » March 3, 2015 8:19am | Report
Hey I want some cookies.... dang cats!
Play for keeps, play tough, but always play for fun. When it's not fun... stop!

Archibear
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zephyr404 » March 7, 2015 11:33am | Report
MaximusP wrote:

just had the pleasure to play with some outrageous noobs:

-me choosing SAW player.

-mate1: instant lockin SKAARF
-mate2: lockin ADAGIO

-me: WTF?!

Well, to be fair, Jungle Skaarf works pretty well
Name: Zephyr404
Level: 6
Main: Skaarf
Secondary: Celeste
Practicing: Koshka

Average K/D/A: 11/4/8

Zephyr404
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » March 7, 2015 4:20pm | Report
And to be fair Adagio is very flexible and is fine in jungle as well. With his slow and fan the flames they can dominate jungle.

Although sometimes some teams are just terrible. So I lock in Koshka, Another goes Taka and im like...alright..and then the third goes with Celeste... I would rather exit, wait for cool down and avoid that...

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Skeletor » March 8, 2015 11:12am | Report
Yeah that pisses me off too I play Ardan glaive and Krul and one match a guy insta locked Krul and I displayed Ardan. Next troll locks in as Ardan and Im forced to play a laner for balance I tried out a crystal saw and went 5 14 3 we got wrecked so now I'm just going to not lock if this happens :(
IGN: Skeletor
Region NA
Preferred: Ardan
Also like: Krul, Glaive, Adagio
Wins: 165 and counting
Teir: The Hotness

Skeletor
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kingy » March 8, 2015 1:41pm | Report
I hate it when they Instalock , but are hopeless at playing that hero ... Drives me insane

Kingy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Buleklek » March 19, 2015 9:09pm | Report
I did this insta-lock thing when i just started playing this, but told myself to practice other characters to balance the team. now i don't do this anymore. i see first who their hero's are then select either a laner or a jungler to balance the team. but i do play laner most of the time.
I Play--
Support: Catherine
Jungle: Alpha / Krul
Lane: Vox / Lyra / Kestrel

Buleklek

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved