Vainglory Forums

I Hate Ranked

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » December 14, 2015 7:14pm | Report
Every time i play ranked, it starts well, but then Catherine builds Tension Bow and Vox has to build tank. Is there some way I can win a game even when allies are playing like bots? Or am i stuck in between Getting There are Not Bad forever?
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 14, 2015 9:19pm | Report
Well, you could switch characters cuz taka isn't exactly a strong character in this current update or you could actually play with good people. Don't do drugs kids, Don't do solo queue ranked either kids. But seriously solo queue is ******ed, it's completely RNG and playing in 3 man queue is much much reliable.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » December 15, 2015 7:09am | Report
I usually do very well as taka, average 12 kills 0 deaths. Lose anyway.

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nerdatron » December 15, 2015 11:58am | Report
ZuesAwoken wrote:

I usually do very well as taka, average 12 kills 0 deaths. Lose anyway.

But remember this is a TEAM game, its not really about how good/bad your KDR is, its about how well your team works together.

nerdatron
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 15, 2015 1:15pm | Report
Doesn't matter if you do well with 12 kills as taka, they could be steals, from people diving e.t.c. Taka is good at low elo but a higher elo he falls of. What I'm trying to say is.... Main someone that works out at high elo and low elo. Now stop solo queuing and get a team or a guild to play with. Also improve your skills in casual matches, rushing ranked matches is a terrible idea, I know this from personal experience.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LogicLover » December 15, 2015 1:17pm | Report
Sadly, there is no way out of it. One can argue "It's about teamwork," but that's undeniably ****. In ranked, unless you have a party, then you're thrown together with complete strangers whose play styles, personalities, preferences, and performance levels you have to discover throughout the game. Plus, as it's a small-scale 3v3, if so much as a single player isn't up to par, it's near impossible to pick up the slack and the entire team is guaranteed to suffer.

Is it really fair to judge earnest and dedicated players under the same standards of those who consistently leave maps or are playing the game for the 1st-3rd time? Does it make sense that one's rank is lowered if two of his players wind up leaving the game(thing is, if you leave due to being put in a 1v3, you lose karma as well, so you're forced to get consistently gang banged and destroyed only to return from an uphill and near impossible battle with a deduction in rank and a miniscule glory reward)?

Hell no. It makes ZERO sense and is does no justice to the majority of vainglory players. The entire ranking system inevitably comes up with inaccurate representations of each individual's skill level and ruins the experience. As for why, the devs didn't even consider this during its making or even bother to TRY to think up another solution despite the many, MANY AppStore reviews and VainGloryFire forums on the topic...

Well, that's beyond me.

As for the only current solution?

Don't play ranked.

It's a blatantly unjust and idiotically ignorant system that, in all honesty shouldn't even exist. After all, what's the point of "skill-tier prestige" of all said skill-tier comes down to is whether or not complete strangers drop out of the game?

LogicLover
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 15, 2015 1:59pm | Report
Just don't solo queue.... Mah gawd. Not that hard. Ranked is fine but build up your confidence with two other players before you start. I haven't had one rank drop since I only played 3 man queue with my friends in ranked.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » December 15, 2015 2:57pm | Report
nerdatron wrote:

But remember this is a TEAM game, its not really about how good/bad your KDR is, its about how well your team works together.

This is really true. You should learn how to play the other roles to get the feeling of what its like for the only people on the map. After playing awhile I really took to the roam role because helping my teammates win gave me a better feeling then getting the killing blow.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » December 15, 2015 3:37pm | Report
So i need a guild that's actually active and plays a lot. I'm saving my glory for a team me to play with my friends.

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 15, 2015 3:56pm | Report
LogicLover wrote:

Sadly, there is no way out of it. One can argue "It's about teamwork," but that's undeniably ****. In ranked, unless you have a party, then you're thrown together with complete strangers whose play styles, personalities, preferences, and performance levels you have to discover throughout the game. Plus, as it's a small-scale 3v3, if so much as a single player isn't up to par, it's near impossible to pick up the slack and the entire team is guaranteed to suffer.

Is it really fair to judge earnest and dedicated players under the same standards of those who consistently leave maps or are playing the game for the 1st-3rd time? Does it make sense that one's rank is lowered if two of his players wind up leaving the game(thing is, if you leave due to being put in a 1v3, you lose karma as well, so you're forced to get consistently gang banged and destroyed only to return from an uphill and near impossible battle with a deduction in rank and a miniscule glory reward)?

Hell no. It makes ZERO sense and is does no justice to the majority of vainglory players. The entire ranking system inevitably comes up with inaccurate representations of each individual's skill level and ruins the experience. As for why, the devs didn't even consider this during its making or even bother to TRY to think up another solution despite the many, MANY AppStore reviews and VainGloryFire forums on the topic...

Well, that's beyond me.

As for the only current solution?

Don't play ranked.

It's a blatantly unjust and idiotically ignorant system that, in all honesty shouldn't even exist. After all, what's the point of "skill-tier prestige" of all said skill-tier comes down to is whether or not complete strangers drop out of the game?

This is wrong. Back when I first hit PG bronze the system put my new smurf account at the cap of NB Silver with 16 or less casual games, 14 IIRC but definitely not more than 16. As soon as that smurf account hit account level 10 and was able to play ranked, it reached Decentish Silver in just 3 games.
It can take a large number of games for the ELO rating system to pinpoint your skill's tier level, but it can ballpark your skill in a very small amount of games.
Sure you may be up to a tier below your actual rank, playing more games should fix that. But if you're a Decentish Silver it is VERY unlikely you actually deserve to be in Hotness or Simply Amazing if not for "useless teammates". It's not them, it's you, polish up your game.

Halcius
Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved