Vainglory Forums

In game chat

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by KvK4 » August 8, 2015 4:04am | Report
I feel like this game need an in-game chat just like other MOBAs
It's pretty frustating to watch your teammate doing the wrong thing over and over again, the worst part is they don't know that they're playing the game wrong.
VG in-game name : KvK
Main : Skaarf(lane)
Joule(Jungle)
Fortress/Catherine(Support)
Level : 20
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing Bronze
Region : SEA
Please stop spamming out the question mark pings

KvK4
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 8, 2015 6:44am | Report
That's why you can ping
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowDust » August 8, 2015 8:10pm | Report
Hmm, sometimes pinging can't be too helpful. I mean a question mark can't really do much if you don't know why the other person is pinging you. Like why would someone ping a question mark to you if you're in the lane and your enemy is there trying to push forward, while your two teammates are in the jungle leveling up? That makes no sense whatsoever.
IGN: ShadowDust
My Playable: Koshka, Joule, Celeste, Lyra, Catherine, Ringo, Vox
Working on: Kestrel, Fortress, Saw
Skill: Fluctuates
Server: NA

[Note: I'm always looking for new teammates and the heroes I work on depend on the rotation (I don't own all of them just yet)]

ShadowDust
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 8, 2015 9:17pm | Report
Pings are symbolic and if they are too ******ed to understand symbolism, something even cavemen understood, then surely a chat system wouldn't be much better.
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by murx » August 9, 2015 1:18am | Report
The funny thing about symbols is that they can have more than one meaning and also in some situations you need to get the intention why they're used. So yes, sometimes symbols und pings aren't really helpful.
One of the advices you get while you're waiting for match to start says f.e. that the question mark should be used point out that people are missing in the lane – while in my experience it is mostly used to represent "WTF are your doing" or pure anger. Also it would be helpful if you could address your teammates directly, so your fellow jungler knows what you want to do but your laner stays in the lane because you don't need 3 people for the gold mine.

But, even tough I get the problem, I don't think a chat would be a good idea since Vainglory is a game you play on your tablet or smartphone. I guess most people don't have a headset nearby so almost no one would use a voice chat. And a real chat would be a total catastrophe since everyone would be busy typing and insulting each other instead of concentrating on the match.

murx
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 9, 2015 9:44am | Report
More than one meaning???

Go
On my way
Danger/run away
Missing/ u ****ing suck
Group up/ collapse on enemy

Is that really THAT hard to understand??? A chat system is detrimental anyway because people will become distracted when they are raging.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 9, 2015 9:46am | Report
I have a headset, but using a headset on a tiny iPad is pretty gay imo.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by elijuice » August 9, 2015 7:20pm | Report
KvK4 i feel your pain, communication is key to success, and though the ping system IS effective, i find myself at the mercy of players who seem to not understand my pings or vice versa. Like when people use the danger ping in the same area with the question ping... like is the enemy missing? Are they there?? Wtf??? Its frustrating instances like THAT that make me wish for a text-based chat or at least a pre-set selection of statements.

elijuice
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 10, 2015 7:42am | Report
Builds(items) are the key to winning. If you outbuild the opponent, you can easily carry the team.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KvK4 » August 15, 2015 10:17pm | Report
Yangusbeef wrote:

More than one meaning???

Go
On my way
Danger/run away
Missing/ u ****ing suck
Group up/ collapse on enemy

Is that really THAT hard to understand??? A chat system is detrimental anyway because people will become distracted when they are raging.

You made a good point there, but in the lower skill tier just see how useless pings are, also you can't communicate about item build, i've been in a situation when my teammate ringo went for a warhorn in skill tier 6
VG in-game name : KvK
Main : Skaarf(lane)
Joule(Jungle)
Fortress/Catherine(Support)
Level : 20
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing Bronze
Region : SEA
Please stop spamming out the question mark pings

KvK4
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved