Vainglory Forums

Is it wrong / unusual that i'm comfortable with / want to main Support?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chrizzz » January 20, 2016 5:59am | Report
Yea you know my bla bla bla Skye bla bla bla etc etc. So i recently tried out my Catherine again and i feel very comfy, so i think i rather support than carry but, is it normal / wrong? I also want to main Support but that seems weird.

*For the next Hero, which one should i buy? Phinn, or Adagio. I kinda dislike Ardan for some reason

Chrizzz
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » January 20, 2016 8:40am | Report
Maining support is great! People will love you for playing it without complaint, it is normally the last position wanted to play but is arguable the most important position, there is a huge difference between a good support and a great one.

I would get Phinn over adagio because adagio falls off late game and in a pinch Phinn can make a pretty viable jungler if needed.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 20, 2016 10:57am | Report
Completely normal to main support and I totally agrue it's the most important role in a team.

I would buy phinn because adagio falls off late game but do consider adagio he pairs very well with krul and I've won many games playing with that duo.

I would wait till there free to plays to test which ones you like but here is a quick summary of both heroes:

Phinn:
-slow
-very tanky
-can drag pull and slow
-good early game

Adagio:
-great early game
-pairs well with bad early game heroes
-can heal and damage buff
-can slow and stun.
-can nuke the enemy team.
-falls off heavily late game.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 20, 2016 1:35pm | Report
You should totally go for it. Support players are in high demand since no one likes to play support. Just be warned that you could lose more games since you don't have much carry potential unless you're ardan with breaking point, catherine with clockwork/aftershock, etc.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chrizzz » January 20, 2016 2:52pm | Report
*Phew* Thanks guys now i'm not worried that i'm weird :)

Gonna buy phinn as per your suggestion and i hope more support heroes are released

Chrizzz
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » January 23, 2016 8:38am | Report
I personally prefer Adagio, but it's great to see someone maining support. You might want to look up articles/guides about the 'art of support'. Nothing is more frustrating when a roamer doesn't build right
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aicfan71189 » January 23, 2016 9:14am | Report
Trust me man. There is nothing wrong with maining as a support. It's a great role that is in huge need of people who know how to play it right. One word of advice, learn which characters comp well with others. Phinn is great with Blackfeather. Cath is really good with Skye and Koshka and Joule. One that no one seems to realize is how awesome Glaive is as a roam/support. One thing to keep in mind too is that your job as a roam is to prioritize and counter build early. Knowing which comps are good early and which are good late game. I hear some people say rush Fountain over such and such. That's not necessarily true. If you see a Krul on the other team, rush an Atlas first. If you see a Taka, rush a contraption and maintain vision literally everywhere on the map. You see a Saw on the other team, go up and gank him repeatedly early. It's all about knowing your team and watching what the other team is doing. You'll be able to roam with the best of them if you can keep all of this in mind. It's a very important role.

Aicfan71189
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » January 26, 2016 7:20pm | Report
tbh, this is the dumbest thread i've ever seen.

"is it normal that I like/am willing to play support?"

um... even if it wasn't normal, nobody is gonna stop you.
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Region: North America
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 28, 2016 12:29pm | Report
@Aicfan As a jungle main I'd much rather my support rush a fountain over a atlas when we see a krul or any other hero as having a second life of sorts is much more important early game and krul is so sht early game his attack speed is useless anyway as his smite doesnt deliver early. My point rush fountain atlas is a dumb thing to prioritise IMO. I'd rather build it Second or third

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aicfan71189 » January 29, 2016 4:14am | Report
@uncrudable. I think that's the thing where what I said got a little misconstrued. It's all situational really. If you have a Koshka on your team, sure Krul is no problem at all early, but let's say you have a Glaive. Even Krul early, with Glaive's base speed etc. makes Atlas a much better item early to mid game over fountain. It really depends on the here comp. there are many variables to consider when knowing what to rush. Especially at the lower tiers, fountain Atlas works great. If you feel you have a better early game comp, fountain would be substantially better. That being said, if I'm Krul in tier 6+ and I see someone get an Atlas, I'm rushing a reflex block to negate it. So just depends completely.

Aicfan71189
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved