Vainglory Forums

Krul too OP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 5, 2015 6:02pm | Report
nporaMep wrote:

There are situations where Krul is strong and situations where he is weak.

Same thing you don't attack Catherine when she has bubble up, or you don't attack Ardan with lots of weak hits.

Point is Krul is very strong vs noobs - players who can only do straightforward attacks, but he downgrades significantly vs more sophisticated players.

This, along with npora's first post. They summed it up quite nice. Krul is weak in early game, limited in team fights, & fragile underneath his abilities. I like him but he struggles at high tiers.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MATR1X » May 6, 2015 10:30pm | Report
The ignorance is real in this thread.

Yes, Krul is very strong in the Fold right now.

No, he is not invincible.

As an avid Krul player, it is rather easy to shut me down if properly coordinated.

I don't really want to give out my weaknesses as a Krul, but here are some tips. If I can't get my Aftershock quick enough, I'm pretty much useless. If I build my Aftershock, you can counter it easily by building Aegis and other tanky items. A fountain/crucible and Aegis will suffice against me, as my DMR will not take off nearly half your health. The Meta Krul build is not super tanky; if your whole team bursts me before I get off a smite, I'm dead.
Add me: MATR1X

Between Pretty Good and Hotness

Main: Petal or Krul

MATR1X
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jimmy » July 1, 2015 2:23pm | Report
krul can be bursted down so quickly in teamfights. I learned the hard way

jimmy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » July 2, 2015 5:23pm | Report
I completely agree with you. Krul has to be seriously nerfed for the game to become fair again. While Krul is extremely weak early game, he becomes increasingly strong as the game progresses regardless of how much you starve him or counter-build. Good Kruls can annihilate in 1v3 by late game using just two items: breaking point and shiversteel. With breaking point, krul's basic attacks do more damage than even the most powerful melee hero while shiversteel gives him health and slows his enemies. Without his abilities he can win in a 1v1 with just these two items. Adding his abilities, he dominates the battlefield. His first makes him invincible for two seconds, his second leeches incredible amount of health, and his third is a long stun. Now, you may say that only noobs die to Krul, or that you can just stun him and finish him quickly at the start of the fight, or that you can just kite him until he dies. That is all completely false. With shadows empower me perk and his first and third, Krul can close extreme gaps and easily target and finish the enemy damage dealer, just like an assassin would. He then proceeds to attack the remaining enemies, and with stacks of breaking point and his second ability, deals incredible damage while gaining all his health back. The enemies try to resist, but by that point Krul's first closes the gap once again, deals damage, and makes himself invincible for yet another 2 seconds. You might as well say gg by that point.
I believe that a viable solution for nerfing Krul is by taking away his attack speed, reducing the barrier time of his first ability, and lowering the life steal from his second. Krul has to be stopped or else the game won't be worth playing anymore.
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mr.Lollipop » July 6, 2015 4:03pm | Report
Stun krul and focus your damage on him while stunned

Mr.Lollipop
Quote | PM | +Rep by MattXzK » July 8, 2015 10:51pm | Report
I do feel as if Krul is a bit too strong, and this could be adjusted by nerfing some aspects of the health barrier or abilities. The easiest solution fix Krul would be to make him less common in the free week rotation. And I kind of disagree with the "HIGH" difficulty skill ceiling, because I could get a good score during my first game as him. If one team has a Krul, then they have a lot higher chance to win.

MattXzK
Quote | PM | +Rep by Sat on your cat » July 9, 2015 2:56pm | Report
Krul becomes very strong late game, but his weakness is that he can be shut down early game by stuns and burst damage.

He also lacks sticking power so that you can just get away from if he builds too many stacks of spectral smite or breaking points. Krul can overcome that with a shiversteel, but in building a shiversteel he loses out on some defence and becomes prone to being burst down, especially if someone gets a stun on him.

Sat on your cat
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 17, 2015 10:24am | Report
What makes him so op is his middle ability. It does WAY too much damage for what it offers in sustain.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ATLAS35 » July 19, 2015 11:16pm | Report
I agree, krul, for me really isnt that big of a deal because im usually the only one who can vounter him... Taka. Taka and usually kosh easily counter krul, burst the piss out of him, run and burst again. But other than that, when im not taka i have seen a krul solo ace my whole team (granted my teams are usually noobs but still). My cousin when he first started could just wreck me with krul when i had 3 months under my belt. But that isnt the main problem, IMO, ANY character that solo the kraken, something needs to be done. A krul doesnt even need a team when fighting the kraken, usually their just there to speed it up which is redicilous. That being said, is he super awesome indestrucable super god? Not really, but should he be nerfed? Yes
IGN: CaptRedBeard
Skill tier: Got Swagger
Main: Gwen, Idris, Lance
Level: 26
Server: NA

ATLAS35
Quote | PM | +Rep by Medvedko » July 20, 2015 1:22pm | Report
Just team up. If he's the only one who is left on the enemy team, it's ez to beat him. As long as you cooperate.

Medvedko

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved