Vainglory Forums

List of changes that will make saw viable without a rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 8, 2015 9:52pm | Report
In this thread, I will list the changes that will make saw viable, wether it be indirect or direct. As it currently stands, any **** that builds atlas, or if he is attack damage orientated build armor, he is completely and utterly useless for anything other than being a slightly mobile pellet turret.

A) Tenacity is introduced into the game. For any of you that have played league of legends before, you will know what tenacity is. For those of you who haven't, tenacity reduces the duration of a crowd control effect (slow, stun, silence) by a certain percentage (I.e. 1 second stun with 50% tenacity means that the stun will only last .5 seconds instead). This is particularly important for saw because he is damage per second orientated. All of his abilities, excluding one melee, relies on him being able to fight for a certain amount of time for him to release his full potential. With the introduction of tenacity, saw will be able to spend more time auto attacking than running away with block on. This will affect heroes like Taka less because he is burst orientated, so it will be better for the more bursty heroes to get block while the damage per second heroes get tenacity.

B) His passive no longer turns him into a snail. Now, I know that if the slow is just removed with no compensation then saw will just be op, but I think that this will eventually have to be the solution or he needs to be given an easier and cost efficient way to get rid of his passive stacks (other than using his last ability). I think that the compensation is that his slow is reduced and he no longer gets defensive stats from his passive. Saw must be mobile to be viable. this whole slow moving turret thing doesn't work because, frankly, he doesn't do any damage anyway lol.

C) His ult and middle ability needs to be changed to more of a burst than a damage per second. This is really simple. Double his ult damage and reduce the bullets in half and halve the duration of the middle ability, so it does the same damage just faster. This will help him compete with Celeste and scaarf.

D) Atlas needs to be nerfed. As it currently stands, atlas currently reduces attack speed by... 65%... 65%! That's absolutely insane! 2/3rds of his damage taken away by an item that costs 1900 gold and I'm not even counting the armor it gives you! Honestly, I think this item needs to be reworked. It should no longer be an active; I think it should be a passive that reduces enemies' attack speeds in a radius or it reduces attack speed by each auto that an enemy attacks the hero with atlas by like 10 up to 6 stacks or something like that. I think they wayyyyyy over shot the power of this item and needs to rethink how powerful they have made it.

Well, I hope you enjoyed. Please, feel free to leave criticism.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 9, 2015 12:56pm | Report
Bump
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 11, 2015 4:46pm | Report
Support support support

I feel like all of these changes together could potentially make him OP, since a crystal or WP saw still has a pretty good damage output. However, a mix of these ideas & adjustments to them (which the devs could easily figure out) could definitely bring him back up to par in the right way. I would like to point out that saw (like krul) is a noob wrecker, so any buffs to his playstyle could have him dominating those poor lower tiers... But even then, these changes would still be well worth it. Also, tenacity could really add some huge strategy into the game, since stuns, silences, slows, & things of that nature are often determining how fights & even entire matches go.

The part about AP is great too... that item is pretty damn OP against a lot of heroes. I would prefer just a nerf on the % attack speed slow, since none of the defense items use passives, & I enjoy hitting it right as I dive into a fight. Your idea would work good though!

Overall, good thread with great ideas!
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by koalaoverlord » August 12, 2015 10:49am | Report
I see your point, however atlas now has a wind up of 0.8 seconds, so you can use reflex block to stop it, if you are quick.
IGN: koalaoverlord
Skill tier: With the winter season, who knows?
Mains: Ardan, Blackfeather
Karma Level: Great
Server: EU
Time Online: Weekdays 9-11 GMT, weekends probably not on.

koalaoverlord
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 12, 2015 5:15pm | Report
Most stuns are over 1 second. Also, you have to realize that block only lasts a short time so you would have to time when you activate it. Overall, hypothetically the delay should fix all problems, but it really doesn't.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 14, 2015 5:48am | Report
Bump

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 15, 2015 7:33am | Report
Bump

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 15, 2015 8:35am | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

Support support support

I feel like all of these changes together could potentially make him OP, since a crystal or WP saw still has a pretty good damage output. However, a mix of these ideas & adjustments to them (which the devs could easily figure out) could definitely bring him back up to par in the right way. I would like to point out that saw (like krul) is a noob wrecker, so any buffs to his playstyle could have him dominating those poor lower tiers... But even then, these changes would still be well worth it. Also, tenacity could really add some huge strategy into the game, since stuns, silences, slows, & things of that nature are often determining how fights & even entire matches go.

The part about AP is great too... that item is pretty damn OP against a lot of heroes. I would prefer just a nerf on the % attack speed slow, since none of the defense items use passives, & I enjoy hitting it right as I dive into a fight. Your idea would work good though!

Overall, good thread with great ideas!

My bad for not specifying. I meant either one of these changes could fix him. I am fully aware that applying all of them will make him op, but only applying one of them will hopefully balance him.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by B17gaming » August 15, 2015 4:28pm | Report
Hi
IGN:B17gaming
Tier:The Hotness

B17gaming
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 16, 2015 7:26am | Report
Bump

(I'm bumping because of all the illegal live streams of sports scams that are being spammed)

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved