Vainglory Forums

Need an option to ban ppl from public ranked matches

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by KeFe » October 8, 2015 2:44am | Report
I usually have time to play 5-6 games/week.
Before the 1.9 update I was at tier9 poa silver, and play public casual with almost same level of teammates and enemies.
After the update I found myself in the middle of afks and total noobs with my fresh tier4 silver account (thanks..)
I play ranked to climb up, but 70% of the players here doesnt have a clue how to play.
I am with Catherine as a support mainly but most of the ppl here doesnt know how to play with someone has an ironguard contract.
Every second game we have an afk, and sometimes I got them as a teammate by the next match.
If I doest take a hero I got bad karma. If I take, my tier should fall because he is the same noob afk he was before.
So somehow need an option in the matchmaking to avoid these idiots. If I thumbs down someone twice of something...

It was fun to play VainGlory a week before for me. Now? Not so...

KeFe
Quote | PM | +Rep by ArxA » October 8, 2015 3:37am | Report
here is the reddit post I made about this issue, which did not get much attention:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vainglorygame/comments/3mt85n/request_black_listban_list/

A person made this comment:" I think the counter argument is that you'll get people blocking everyone they think is "bad" and thus misuse the feature so they can only be paired with "good" people. "

And my response was:" Whether a person is "good" or "bad" is subjective, and why is it so bad for letting a person make this subjective decision on their own for their own benefit/detriment? Doesn't the current system ultimately already let players to make this decision by allowing them to form groups with people they think that are "good"? So with my proposal, you can form groups from a random pool of "good" players instead of forming groups from your friend's list. Think of it as a stream-lined player-curated random friend's list by way of elimination. Also, wouldn't this feature also promote good behavior? A "bad" player may now start behaving "good" out of fear of getting blocked/blacklisted by "good" players."

This is my 2 cents....

ArxA
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tonyy » October 8, 2015 8:39am | Report
add me. my name Tonyy

Tonyy
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » October 8, 2015 1:39pm | Report
Dude, how did you drop that far!? 9 to 4? That's why they reset the tiers. If you were able to get to 9 months ago and now are stuck at 4 then the reset did its job.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 11, 2015 6:11am | Report
Do you mean you want to ban people from playing on your team or the entire public match queue?
If you want to ban people from playing on your would increase the matchmaking time.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Doopki » October 11, 2015 7:14am | Report
The whole system of ranking is a mistake.
This is the reason you are opting to ban those players that you are getting grouped with and you take the hit of the loss.
However hard you try ---- YOU WILL NOT WIN----sorry I cannot be more emphatic.
http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/general-discussion/ranking-is-this-a-fair-system-26861

Doopki
Quote | PM | +Rep by KeFe » October 14, 2015 2:57pm | Report

Dude, how did you drop that far!? 9 to 4? That's why they reset the tiers. If you were able to get to 9 months ago and now are stuck at 4 then the reset did its job.

Thanks for the good advice, but I doesnt think you understand my original post just read that.
When I reach poa I played about 5-6 games/day usually in a party with the same 8-10 good players
Now I have time for 5-6 games/a week, and just wanted to play some casual games for fun. And the games with some random noobs at tier5 (I climbed up in the past week with ranked) usually not fun but as a support is pain instead.
4 of 5 jungler doesnt know how to play with someone have an ironguard, they are wandering across the map almost pointless and initiate a fight when they can (and dies rapidly...)
Most of the games I see in the first minutes that we gonna lose it because these ppl.

And the best part is that when I got them as a teammate next game...
Thank you Super Evil Megacorp to ruin this for me. I gonna search for another moba and forget this one.

KeFe
Quote | PM | +Rep by KeFe » October 14, 2015 3:03pm | Report
Veneticius wrote:

Do you mean you want to ban people from playing on your team or the entire public match queue?
If you want to ban people from playing on your would increase the matchmaking time.

To be my teammate again, not from the whole public queue.
Yeah I know it is gonna extend the waiting times but I can take the risk :)
It is far more better than play a game what I doesnt want to.

KeFe
Quote | PM | +Rep by glennybanks » October 15, 2015 8:20am | Report
Buy Real Quality fake passports,driver's licenses,Visas,ID cards, Certificates.([email protected])

glennybanks
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jinnis » October 15, 2015 4:03pm | Report
ADD ME JINNIS

Jinnis

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved