Vainglory Forums

New character Lyra is too OP

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » June 23, 2016 11:09am | Report
The new game update is nice so far. But seriously?` The new character Lyra is way too OP. She is both bulky, tanky and also extremely strong in her crystal power. It's almost impossible to kill her. I have played now several matches vs Lyra-players and they were all dominating us (1vs3).
I mean she even dominates other by just beeing a tank. I really think that the devs need to NERF that new character, otherwise its no fun to play anymore. No wonder that alot of people are now ONLY playing her since the update.

Please fix that ASAP.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cyclone3D » June 23, 2016 10:02pm | Report
Lyra is new so yes she may seem strong right now, but as the game progresses with this new hero people will find counters to the hero. As for you saying she can be tanky and really strong in her crystal power path I think you need to see is that her crystal path makes her kind of squishy. Sure a crucible will make her get some extra health but in the long run for a Lyra running crystal power she's not super tanky. As everyone knows most people who go all crystal power and/or weapon power are weaker in total health than a roamer. (Maybe you might need to even focus her.) Lrya as a roamer is a different thing she's quite tanky but doesn't dish out the damage to make a huge drastic change. Sure she can help her teammates, and provide support but so does every other roaming hero. I have played against Lyras myself and from what I've played they're simply one or the other. That being tanky or heavy on crystal power. As a final note I believe giving it time will be the only way to find strong counters to Lyra. And in the end put an end to the idea of Lyra being over powered.

Cyclone3D
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Apocalypse27 » June 24, 2016 5:05am | Report
For Lyra you just have to live through early game and then you will be able to wreck her late game.

Apocalypse27
Quote | PM | +Rep by HyperKiller » July 11, 2016 10:24am | Report
I'm sorry, but when your hero can build damage and then turn around and tank the ******* kraken, or dominate 2v1, it's broken.

HyperKiller
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » July 11, 2016 1:25pm | Report
HyperKiller wrote:

I'm sorry, but when your hero can build damage and then turn around and tank the ******* kraken, or dominate 2v1, it's broken.

A lot of heroes can do that

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by HyperKiller » July 11, 2016 3:43pm | Report
vikings102 wrote:

A lot of heroes can do that

Yes but most have tanky abilities. Maybe instead of 'tank' I should have said 'solo', that was a poor choice of words. The point still stands, Lyra has a badass standard attack, a heal/damage, a mega-slow, and a teleport, plus whatever the player buys.

HyperKiller
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Avaru » July 14, 2016 2:01pm | Report
Personally to me Lyra is not broken and is actually fairly weak. Her attacks do very little damage and she is a healer. However she can be good if you know how to play her, which I do not

Avaru
Quote | PM | +Rep by Shafaris » July 18, 2016 11:35pm | Report
Lyra weakness is Phinn. Trust me.

Shafaris
Quote | PM | +Rep by yahwae » July 19, 2016 12:09am | Report
Lyra weakness is Ringo. Period. Phinn is just OP by himself Phinn and Ringo Lyra stands no chance. ok now my personal opinion imagine Lyra VS Ringo, Phinn... and Joule OMG.

Lyra uses A to scout and speed heal. Phinn disregard and engages. As soon as ringo enters Lyra drops a B special as Ringo uses his A and B as well as Phinn. Joule and big red button done.

As you can see Lyra not so strong play with me and you will Succeed.

I have foreseen the future in hindsight ;p

yahwae
Quote | PM | +Rep by Shafaris » July 19, 2016 12:21am | Report
True

Shafaris

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved