Vainglory Forums

PLEASE Fix Match Making!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiTownTino » January 28, 2015 11:17am | Report
I don't think teams should be paired with solo ques. More and more I keep getting paired with afkers or people that have no idea how to play this game.

The current raining system is just bad. If that's how matchmaking is even done? I am pretty good I think and I can eve carry some battles. But when I'm being matched with someone that stacks boots in every slot. I can't do much in the end.

So please fix it!??

Thank you,

ChiTownTino
Quote | PM | +Rep by Simaril » January 28, 2015 11:33am | Report
I totally agree that teams should be kept seperate from solo ques. It's just not even close to the same.

I get so many games where it's either a team, or we're so out matched it's unplayable within 10 minutes. Once in solo we were getting beat so badly we all danced around the spawn point while the enemy finished off our crystal since we couldn't surrender.

If it continues tp take 5 bad games to get to 1 actual decent match this game is doomed. I'd much rather wait twice as long for a better match, than be stuck in a 15 minute horrible game waiting to surrender - that makes me want to stop playing.

Simaril
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiTownTino » January 28, 2015 2:56pm | Report
Simaril wrote:

If it continues tp take 5 bad games to get to 1 actual decent match this game is doomed. I'd much rather wait twice as long for a better match, than be stuck in a 15 minute horrible game waiting to surrender - that makes me want to stop playing.

Ha yeah 5 to 1 sounds about right!

I agree

ChiTownTino
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » January 28, 2015 10:22pm | Report
Recently in solo queue I have been matched against ridiculously high ELO players. As pretty I have been matched against players Simply Anazing to Pinnacle of Awesome. They can literally finish a match in 12 mins against players in Pretty Good. Worse is when it's a party that you have found in solo. I strongly disagree with being matched with parties who can discuss strategies and things. I totally forgot not understand the matchmaking. I thought the skill tiers were there so you can only be matched against people if same skill tier. But apparently not after I found out by contacting the support. They said you can be matched with higher players (And visa versa, when you are the higher ELO player) to make games'Competitive'. I laughed so hard. So basically any player can be matched with any other??? How is it competitive for the person who is high ELO facing the lower person. It's not even competitive for the person with lower skill tier because as u said they can literally finish the game in 12mins. I mean, it's ok if you are so good at this game,but an you at least go off into your own land of high ELO players (Which I thought skill tiers/matchmaker was for- but apparently not).

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiTownTino » January 29, 2015 12:10am | Report
I was on a 10 game loosing streak! Now a four game winning streak....3 of wich were against completely bad players...so it wasn't much fun at all...something has got to be done cuz it's making the game not as fun as it is.

ChiTownTino
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 29, 2015 12:19am | Report
Denni wrote:

Recently in solo queue I have been matched against ridiculously high ELO players. As pretty I have been matched against players Simply Anazing to Pinnacle of Awesome. They can literally finish a match in 12 mins against players in Pretty Good. Worse is when it's a party that you have found in solo. I strongly disagree with being matched with parties who can discuss strategies and things. I totally forgot not understand the matchmaking. I thought the skill tiers were there so you can only be matched against people if same skill tier. But apparently not after I found out by contacting the support. They said you can be matched with higher players (And visa versa, when you are the higher ELO player) to make games'Competitive'. I laughed so hard. So basically any player can be matched with any other??? How is it competitive for the person who is high ELO facing the lower person. It's not even competitive for the person with lower skill tier because as u said they can literally finish the game in 12mins. I mean, it's ok if you are so good at this game,but an you at least go off into your own land of high ELO players (Which I thought skill tiers/matchmaker was for- but apparently not).
The way I see it, being matched with higher elo players is a good thing. First of all, being stomped by a full team of them can be used to gain experience, observe the match, their playstyles, adapt and improve. Also, if you were to win against them, you'll get a bigger elo increase while they will lose a ton. In other words, a win-win situation as when you lose against them, you only lose a tiny amount of elo, but gain lots of exp! In the end, become good, get your own teammates/guild and rise up there along with the rest. And honestly, when I was in the pretty good tier, I rarely encountered simply amazing+, it only start happening when you reach the hotness and even then, it's not that bad imo.
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by devilpup » January 29, 2015 10:19am | Report
Since the developers insist on making its faithful players play with such unfair odds, they could at least do the following. Mark teams that are matched as opposed to solo qued and mark a play somehow showing their ELO because knowledge is power.

devilpup
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiTownTino » January 29, 2015 4:03pm | Report
Fenelia wrote:

The way I see it, being matched with higher elo players is a good thing. First of all, being stomped by a full team of them can be used to gain experience, observe the match, their playstyles, adapt and improve. Also, if you were to win against them, you'll get a bigger elo increase while they will lose a ton. In other words, a win-win situation as when you lose against them, you only lose a tiny amount of elo, but gain lots of exp! In the end, become good, get your own teammates/guild and rise up there along with the rest. And honestly, when I was in the pretty good tier, I rarely encountered simply amazing+, it only start happening when you reach the hotness and even then, it's not that bad imo.

One or 2 battles in a row ok but 3 or more? Gets old real quick. Or just getting farmed teaches u nothing except how to be a ****.

ChiTownTino
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 29, 2015 4:19pm | Report
ChiTownTino wrote:

I don't think teams should be paired with solo ques. More and more I keep getting paired with afkers or people that have no idea how to play this game.

The current raining system is just bad. If that's how matchmaking is even done? I am pretty good I think and I can eve carry some battles. But when I'm being matched with someone that stacks boots in every slot. I can't do much in the end.

So please fix it!??

Thank you,

You alone can fix it. How ? Play every game until the end, don't AFK, until you reach Karma level 20 and The Hotness skill tier. Another advice, do not go past 2:57 in queue time, after 2:57 your opponents might be... Very strong... Or very bad, it's just luck after 2:57
Before the 2:57 mark, the system will create 2 teams with nearly the same skill tiers and karma. For exemple : both teams have a Pretty Good player, and 2 The Hotness players. After that, the system can not guess if the player is actually good or not, if he will stacks boots not. He can only see his skill tier and his karma level.
Low skill tier are mostly randomly obtained, that's why I say you have to reach at least The Hotness in order to have good teammates (and good ennemies) for sure, because only the real players can reach this skill tier.
To tell you everything, Vainglory was my first MOBA experience. I never ever played one before.
I slowly discovered how turrets kill you when you get close to them (yes, dying five times trying to kill the enemy laners due to the turret learned me a lot), why you do not want to build 2 boots, 3 armors, etc... I learned the damn hard way because when I started the game's tutorials weren't there as they are now. But I gave it time, and now I reached the Skill tier "Simply Amazing" with solo queue only. Every game I play is hard as F. The tension is always high as both my ennemies and my teammates are experienced.
If even I, who started as feeder was able to reach Simply Amazing, you can do it too, or at least The Hotness. Just give it some time
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Longcock » January 30, 2015 8:09am | Report
DoudJr wrote:

You alone can fix it. How ? Play every game until the end, don't AFK, until you reach Karma level 20 and The Hotness skill tier. Another advice, do not go past 2:57 in queue time, after 2:57 your opponents might be... Very strong... Or very bad, it's just luck after 2:57
Before the 2:57 mark, the system will create 2 teams with nearly the same skill tiers and karma. For exemple : both teams have a Pretty Good player, and 2 The Hotness players. After that, the system can not guess if the player is actually good or not, if he will stacks boots not. He can only see his skill tier and his karma level.
Low skill tier are mostly randomly obtained, that's why I say you have to reach at least The Hotness in order to have good teammates (and good ennemies) for sure, because only the real players can reach this skill tier.
To tell you everything, Vainglory was my first MOBA experience. I never ever played one before.
I slowly discovered how turrets kill you when you get close to them (yes, dying five times trying to kill the enemy laners due to the turret learned me a lot), why you do not want to build 2 boots, 3 armors, etc... I learned the damn hard way because when I started the game's tutorials weren't there as they are now. But I gave it time, and now I reached the Skill tier "Simply Amazing" with solo queue only. Every game I play is hard as F. The tension is always high as both my ennemies and my teammates are experienced.
If even I, who started as feeder was able to reach Simply Amazing, you can do it too, or at least The Hotness. Just give it some time

Cool story bro!!! Although hearing how you jumped the ranks is more entertaining then playing the game (sarcasm), This isn't about you. The people find the match system needs some improvement. Period.

Longcock

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved