Vainglory Forums

PLEASE Fix Match Making!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 30, 2015 9:07am | Report
Quoted:

Cool story bro!!! Although hearing how you jumped the ranks is more entertaining then playing the game (sarcasm), This isn't about you. The people find the match system needs some improvement. Period.

Alright. I'll explain it with other words, since your mind can't process my words quite correctly. Don't worry, you'll understand this time.
The matchmaking system isn't a god. The matchmaking system can't guess how a player really behaves. If a players decides to buy 6 boots, the matchmaking system won't flag him as a bad player. And if by some pure luck his team is able to carry him to victory, he'll have a better Skill Tier not corresponding to his actual skill level.
Now tell me, how do you propose SEMC solves this problem ? Any idea ? No ? I thought so. You can't punish a players for the items he is buying.
Let's talk about the AFK players. Tell me, how can you prevent someone from having a connection issue, a "real-life" issue stopping him in the middle of the game ? How can you seperate this kind of players from the real AFK ? More sanctions for those who did it multiple times in a raw ? Already exists. Heavier sanctions ? There would still be AFKs due to the mass of new players coming every day.
I guess you have no idea how many people say the matchmaking system is bad, in League of Legend, in DOTA 2, in Smite and in the present case, Vainglory. The only thing you, "the people" as you call them, do not understand is that there is no way to prevent these matchmaking problems.

Now, onto the solution. You have a choice :
-Stop playing this game. (We won't cry for you, do not worry about that)
-Keep playing until this problem disappears. (Oh, wait, would that be the reason why I told everyone my story ? So that they could understand this choice ?)
-Keep whinning. (It's fun to watch)

PS : I won't hint the sarcasms, you'll find them by yourself. But, if by any means you do not find them, contact me and I'll be glad to help you.
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CURZE » January 30, 2015 1:42pm | Report
Karma Level 20 doesn't pair you with better players or others who don't AFK. They say it is supposed to help but it hasn't. It has been steadily been getting worse, almost to the point where I'm playing less and less these days.
Wins - 460 Karma - 20
Main Heroes - Ringo, Vox, Ardan, Catherine
Pretty Good - Koshka, Taka, Saw, Petal
Learning - Krul
Region - NA
In game name - CURZE

CURZE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 30, 2015 7:09pm | Report
DoudJr wrote:

Alright. I'll explain it with other words, since your mind can't process my words quite correctly. Don't worry, you'll understand this time.
The matchmaking system isn't a god. The matchmaking system can't guess how a player really behaves. If a players decides to buy 6 boots, the matchmaking system won't flag him as a bad player. And if by some pure luck his team is able to carry him to victory, he'll have a better Skill Tier not corresponding to his actual skill level.
Now tell me, how do you propose SEMC solves this problem ? Any idea ? No ? I thought so. You can't punish a players for the items he is buying.
Let's talk about the AFK players. Tell me, how can you prevent someone from having a connection issue, a "real-life" issue stopping him in the middle of the game ? How can you seperate this kind of players from the real AFK ? More sanctions for those who did it multiple times in a raw ? Already exists. Heavier sanctions ? There would still be AFKs due to the mass of new players coming every day.
I guess you have no idea how many people say the matchmaking system is bad, in League of Legend, in DOTA 2, in Smite and in the present case, Vainglory. The only thing you, "the people" as you call them, do not understand is that there is no way to prevent these matchmaking problems.

Now, onto the solution. You have a choice :
-Stop playing this game. (We won't cry for you, do not worry about that)
-Keep playing until this problem disappears. (Oh, wait, would that be the reason why I told everyone my story ? So that they could understand this choice ?)
-Keep whinning. (It's fun to watch)

PS : I won't hint the sarcasms, you'll find them by yourself. But, if by any means you do not find them, contact me and I'll be glad to help you.
I think after this post, the long**** became le petit.
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Draylon » October 12, 2015 6:22am | Report
First of all doudjr stop kissing this game's ***, fair game should be given from the ghetgo you shouldn't have to reach some high outstanding rank for you to expect fair game that's complete ********. I've seen better match making systems in cod (exaggeration) and my expectations from that gaming series is beyond saving, so you can expect I'm pretty pissed off when a decent game that wants to compete with other moba games as the "TF2," of mobas has a ****ty match making system.

I'm sorry but when you say the match making system can't guess how good a player is, it just goes to show how little you know about matchmaking because they don't have to "guess." When a game pits you up against players in organized teams, or players above your rank by full that's shoddy match making. Fullstop. And yes, acceptions do happen and people will troll or not take the game seriously but this should be on rare occasion (but apparantly in this game it happens frequently.) And btw you don't learn jack**** from losing matches in where 33% of your team (one player) is a noob, because odds are if the other team is as good as you are that 33% becomes a detriment.

You said we don't have anyway of fixing this and SEMC is just completely clueless as to how to how to fix this, I'm gonna give you one fix off the top of my head just to show you how pathetic that argument really is. Make matches contain more than three players (one player equals 33% of the team so if he's a troll or a noob you're sure to lose) but if the odds are split individually say for example 5v5 like league of legends. League never had to fix their match making system all they had to do was fix their player count for newer players, yes every once in a while lol players will say matchmaking is inbalanced but compare that to how to is in vainglory and matchmaking is alot better in league.

And if newer players start quiting the game, you might not cry...But content creators will. F2p games are struggling as is, the bigger the fanbase the longer the game will last. So think twice before you say something so arrogant. Remember we don't need less players we need more, saying **** to make them quit isn't helping so if you have nothing good to say shut your mouth.

Draylon
Quote | PM | +Rep by Draylon » October 12, 2015 6:59am | Report
To your accord when people complain about the matchmaking system it's called whining. That's almost as stupid as saying to a kid that just got bullied "deal with it." This is a exagerated comparison but a comparison none the less.

When steam released paid mods do you think valve should've ignored their fanbase because they were "whining," too much? Cause from your response that's what I'm getting at. I'm sorry doudjr but when a player goes on a losing streak because of tiny mess ups it's not he's fault, the 3v3 matching system is punishing and should only be taken by people in teams or experianced players alike without having any detriments. Because in 3v3s not even if you're the greatest player, if your team isn't good enough you're not going to do very well.

In that aspect it's almost cruel telling a player get better when he's on a losing streak because no matter how good he is if he's just unlucky he's not gonna win. And in the matches that he actually does win it's either too easy or not satisying. And people could get on teams that's true, but to what extent? Chat rooms and such are almost non-existant in this game, there's no way to chat with someone or use voice chats for strategy. Opening skype causes lag which is annoying as hell, aswell as language diversity. And how the hell am I supposed to tell this random catherine not to go directly into the enemies gank with symbols? Half of the players in this game don't even understand what half of the symbols are and most just guess, lol the only symbol everyone knows how to use in this game is the question mark for ****sake.

I think we can all agree this game needs improvement, pointing out which parts need improvment is not whining. Whining is complaining about a character being too OP when he has almost a hundred ways of being countered. *cough* *cough* krul *cough* taka *clears throat* *whispers* saw...

Edit: Apparantly it's not just afkers, I got paired up with some guy named azzarat (quite skilled even more so than me) twice in a row. I feel sorry for the guy because in both of those games someone either disconnected or left the game, and in the second game a troll helped the other team win; rigged? Maybe.... Either way in both matches we were left to double team the enemy, I could not farm because the enemy and my teammate stole my farm.... I want to go back to playing league.... Atleast in league the only real trolls are kill stealers

Draylon
Quote | PM | +Rep by casualplayer888 » October 14, 2015 8:05am | Report
I have to agree with Draylon. Every moba game has their problems with matchmaking system, but VG is just outright bull. I won't say I'm a good player, and I do carry sometime, but this game ultimately relies on teamwork. If luck is the fundamental key to you being able to match with players who are dedicated and know what they're doing, then VG really has to do something to mitigate the risk. I played 5 rank match consecutively and I got matched up with AFKERS twice. My elo dropped significantly because my opponents are of lower tiers. Instead of offering remedies, VG automatically assume the AFKER in my team chicken out. He clearly didn't, because we got 33 kills and they had 17. It was clearly connection error, yet VG doesn't acknowledge that and simply deduct elo like it was nothing. I also don't find it entertaining to play against 2 players whose teammate bail out on them. Where's the fun in destroying a handicapped team?

As what Draylon has mentioned, telling a player to buck up when he was on a losing streak just because he was that unlucky is not going to cut it. I bet 4 out of 10 matches, he had met AFKERS. Now, tell me, is that fair? Is the system not flawed to the point where, instead of a competition of skills, we are having a competition of luck.

If this is what it is, VG is not going to lure new players, especially those from Dota, LOL, Smite, HOTS, etc.

casualplayer888
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 14, 2015 9:57am | Report
I think the matchmaking problems have to do with the recent compression. Both experienced players and new players were pushed closer together in tiers so this could explain the AFKers and "newbies."

The VainGlory developers explain that:

"The compression clears out a lot of noise in the system from players who ranked up when the meta was very different or when Skaarf was OP burning down whole villages, etc.
If you felt “stuck” before, you’ll have an even playing field and ample room to climb — eventually ideally climbing above your best Season 0 rank."

However I don't really feel any difference with the compression except that now I'm stuck in Pretty Good bronze. All I understand is that they pushed all the players in The Hotness to Pretty Good, so there isn't much of a difference except the tier changes.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Draylon » October 16, 2015 12:39pm | Report
Actually it's like hitting a brick wall, the only way to get into guilds now is by being atleast hotness level and there's no way to get there without a proper team. Which sucks cause the only way of publicily talking to vainglory players is through this forum, and that takes quite some time.... Unless you had Irl friends who play mobas, but in my case I tried to introduce my friend to it and he wasn't to keen on the concept.

Draylon

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved