Vainglory Forums

Powerful Team Combinations

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 16, 2015 8:54am | Report
IMO

Glaive is good cuz when he swing u run.
Have seem some killer Adagio with pure weapon speed built kite early game that destroyed my team in under 15 min.
Saw if he's smart and goes to Jungle to help out teammates.
Catherine is fairly consistent... can't go wrong with stun.
Koshka if she don't overextend can be a beast with proper sniper backup.
Petal is good her little healing buds are nice.
Joule crystal can be negated with reflex block, can be hit or miss.
Skarff if the player can hold lane by him/herself and not overextend.
Ardan if he's tanky build or good weapon build
Ringo if he doesn't go crystal AND goes to jungle to help out.
AFK on Krul unless you're playing with me.
AFK on Taka period.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 16, 2015 11:58am | Report
Saw + Ringo + any other character (support or tank)

Glaive + Joule + a lane Character (quiet strong against Saw because of stun attack - so that the SAW player won't be able to continue to use his high fire rate)

Taka + Ardan + Saw

Krul + Saw + Catherine (Catherine for causing immense distraction, Saw for killing and life steal and Krul for persisting his attacks on enemies)

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Pleepers » February 18, 2015 5:21am | Report
MaximusP wrote:

Saw + Ringo + any other character (support or tank)

SAW and Ringo are like Oil and Water. Ringo stinks early game and really needs those last hits in the lane to bulk up. Saw is far better at stealing those last hits. Even with a contract I find that Ringo is naked and scared far later into the game when Saw is on his team.
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME NORTH AMERICA, I'M HERE TO SERVE YOU
IGN: Pleepleus
Might be getting Good with: Adagio, Ringo, Catherine
Tier: Pretty Good

Pleepers
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 18, 2015 8:33am | Report
Pleepers wrote:

SAW and Ringo are like Oil and Water. Ringo stinks early game and really needs those last hits in the lane to bulk up. Saw is far better at stealing those last hits. Even with a contract I find that Ringo is naked and scared far later into the game when Saw is on his team.

Saw is good at rapid fire rate to strike down the life bar of the enemy, but he is way too slow to catch up the last hit kill while here we need Ringo to catch up the enemy with his heavy Achilles Shot or Twirling Silver Shot (first one slows down the enemy which can support other teammates to catch the enemy, similiar to saw's first ability)

Later on, if you build wisely, Ringo can become a heavy tank together with Saw and cause immense distraction with his Achilles Shot while Saw is finishing off the enemy with Lifesteal.

All you need is a third supportive player. Then you can almost dominate every single game, if your team gameplay complies to each other.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 18, 2015 4:07pm | Report
I hate to disagree but IMO Ringo + Saw is probably one of the worst combination possible. It could work in a utopian situation but reality proves otherwise. You'd have to play with a friend or someone very good with either Ringo/Saw to make things work. Both characters are also crunchy so it's not a wise combo.

Saw also is good at getting last hits... Ringo will make $ much slower and by the time he gets a Sorrow or Tension the enemy already has more. It also robs Saw the chance of making $ quick. They are much more effective on their own in the lane teamed with two Junglers instead of each other.

When opposing team has both SAW/Ringo and I'm Ringo, it's always a huge advantage for me because I level up faster + way more $. They never succeed at destroying a single turret because I don't over-extend and it leaves their jungle vulnerable to constant attack + ambush in the lane.

If someone on my team picks SAW, I never use Ringo. It spells certain death.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » February 19, 2015 6:35am | Report
Quoted:

I hate to disagree but IMO Ringo + Saw is probably one of the worst combination possible. It could work in a utopian situation but reality proves otherwise. You'd have to play with a friend or someone very good with either Ringo/Saw to make things work. Both characters are also crunchy so it's not a wise combo.

Saw also is good at getting last hits... Ringo will make $ much slower and by the time he gets a Sorrow or Tension the enemy already has more. It also robs Saw the chance of making $ quick. They are much more effective on their own in the lane teamed with two Junglers instead of each other.

When opposing team has both SAW/Ringo and I'm Ringo, it's always a huge advantage for me because I level up faster + way more $. They never succeed at destroying a single turret because I don't over-extend and it leaves their jungle vulnerable to constant attack + ambush in the lane.

If someone on my team picks SAW, I never use Ringo. It spells certain death.

perfectly said i went into a match as Ringo vs a Ringo and Petal my first thoughts were "ima die" but i actually dominated them in the gold and lvl and i soon was killing everyone on the field easy and in the end i was the most gold earned with 7k and everyone on my team had 4k while the opponents Petal 2k Ringo 1.7k and the other (cant remember who) 3k and i personally think 2 laners is not a good idea but lane of a 2v1 is just as bad as a 1v0 being the only one in the lane you get ganked to the extent of just gtfo of the lane
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 19, 2015 9:52am | Report
I don't intentionally want to defame anyone, but maybe your conclusions are just based on your individual experiences and because of your skills to control these two characters. I have won several matches with the combo of SAW + Ringo + supportive player and I am on my way to rank up to simply amazing, level 22.

Here are my few hints:
Saw - build items such as 1 Sorrowblade + 3 Serpent Masks (LIfe steal) + 1 Armor (either shield or armor, depends on the enemies)
Ringo#1 - Heavy tank items such as Sorrowblade and at least 1 Tornado Trigger (OPTION 1)
Ringo #2 - Build on Crystal and Crystal Lifesteal in combination with max health and armory

Supportive player - depends on the character (Catherine, Ardan and so on)

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » February 19, 2015 5:56pm | Report
@MaximusP
I'm not saying that it couldn't work, however the SAW and Ringo combo loses to 2 supports and a carry.

1) Both are weak without proper lane farm, and neither can get jungle farm properly until level 6-9. This means that they are going to be much weaker than usual because they don't have proper gold.

2) The support and versatility/teamplay from another hero is superior to the moderate damage increase from a second (but somewhat starved) carry. Again, neither SAW nor Ringo can secure jungle early or profit from it, which means you will lose jungle to a duo jungler team.

3) Once Cath dies, you all die. And if your team is hoping that lifesteal SAW will carry through, he either will get destroyed by burst or survive. In the case that he survives, then it would be more efficient for your team to have SAW as the carry and have 2 other supports. This conclusively means that your team is inferior to another one.

Also, what do you mean by level 22 to simply amazing. There are no levels that determine skill. If you are talking about Karma, then you should know that it has no relation to tier. If that is not what you mean and you are simply dropping your Karma down for us, what do you mean by "on my way" to simply amazing? It certainly means you aren't in simply amazing, so I guess your in The Hotness.

Sorrowblade is not a tank item.

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 20, 2015 2:27am | Report
A decent, well-rounded team should have the following:

1. Tank/Support - This character should be able to withstand a good amount of damage and provide some sort of support/damage for team. However, the main purpose of this character is to withstand damage. Armor + Heal items should take up most of the slots. Idea candidates are: Cathrine, Ardan, Adagio. Other possibilities: Petal, Glaive. This character should be in Jungle but roam between Jungle & Lane to support.

2. Jungler - This character should spend most of his/her time in the jungle farming and dish out a good amount of damage when necessary. Armor + Damage for slots. Ideal candidates: Glaive, Taka, Kurl, Joule, Koshka. Other possibilities: Ardan, Adagio, Petal.

3. Lane - This character should remain in lane most of the time, go help out teammates in Jungle when necessary. This character may or may not provide the maximum amount of damage output for the team. This character should also be a sniper or someone with range. Idea candidates: Ringo, Saw, Petal, Adagio, Skarff.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chao » October 29, 2015 8:23pm | Report
Hemmm...

Phinn (Tanker/Roam)
Adagio (Support/Jungle)
Ringo (Hitter/Lane)

Chao

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved