Vainglory Forums

Proof that VOX is way too strong.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 8, 2015 3:46am | Report
Hi folks,

so recently I have lost a match with my teammates Krul and Skaarf. However, I believe that we had a pretty good match even though we have lost it. I tried to build up TANKSHA, but it seemed to be quiet useless since the enemies player - VOX was overpowering us from the mid game until the end.

I have made a screenshot of the end game result, maybe you can analyze it and tell me how the hell that VOX player coul possibly become that strong? I mean in the end, none of us three teammates could kill him or neither take away HALF of his life bar. While his other teammates were quiet easily to kill, VOX was constantly rushing into our base with almost no damage taken. It was really really hard for us to catch him, not to mention to kill him.

I also wondered how he could take so much damage with just 1 (!!!) defense build. The other items he bought were just based on CP.
Personally I think that VOX has a dominating strong armory (such as Glaive) and also a very strong basic attack power/crystal power. So with the right build it seems to be almost impossible to strike him down. What do you think?

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PlexSaber » April 8, 2015 4:25am | Report
The main reasons why the enemy Vox was difficult to kill:

1. Crystal Power Vox does a significant amount of damage with his resonance bounce, so your team will receive a lot of damage if you are clustered close together.

2. He had an Eve of Harvest, this allows him to regain quite a significant amount of health if your team is clustered together.

3. He purchased an Aegis which defends against your team's main source of damage.
4. Even though your team also built Aegis, the enemy Vox had a Broken Myth, which pierces through that defense.
5. He also had both a Weapon and Crystal infusion, which gives him a boost in Weapon damage, Attack speed, Crystal power, increased Cooldown acceleration, shield and armor.

All of this resulted in him being hard to kill.
IGN: PlexSaber
Server: SEA
Guide to Visual Indicators in Vainglory

PlexSaber
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » April 8, 2015 7:53am | Report
scarf needs to aim his shots in order to damage.
krul needs time to build up his attack.
Vox had ageis/boots and non of you guys bought broken myth....

and what the person above me said.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 8, 2015 10:06am | Report
Hm. Sounds reasonable, thank you guys. But still. In the end he didn't take ANY damage. I mean, maybe a little tiny bar of damage was visible on his health bar but that was ridiculously little.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NwK-MEDIC » April 8, 2015 10:14am | Report
A brief reminder for infusions at level 12, that last three minutes :
- crystal : + 72 CP, +35% CoolDown, +30 armor; +30 shield
- weapon : + 72 WP, +25% attack speed, +30 armor; +30 shield

Total =
+ 72 CP
+ 72 WP
+ 60 Armor
+ 60 Shield
+ 35% Cooldown acceleration
+ 25% attack speed

I think that explain how someone is OP at late game :)
Most underestimated items, with breaking point still.

P.S : maybe his teammates activated the fountain.
Or he just used his reflex block and with those infusions he could spam shots and with resonance lifesteal on all of you while damaging and activating the little shield barrier he gets when auto-attacking :D

Here are all the reasons ;)
you can check my guide :
http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/vox-breaks-the-sound-barrier-sonic-booooom-voxalistic-by-medic-5230
at the end of it, I link lots of guides that helps a lot to improve. Learning mecanics of the game, statistics, items combinations etc.. !!

NwK-MEDIC
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » April 9, 2015 7:12am | Report
Look at your builds too. The reason why he was so hard to kill is you guys mostly built defense probably because you kept dying. This game is heavy on kill before you get killed. Sure you had more heal but he just had to wait that out. Next time build more offense.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » April 9, 2015 9:31am | Report

Look at your builds too. The reason why he was so hard to kill is you guys mostly built defense probably because you kept dying. This game is heavy on kill before you get killed. Sure you had more heal but he just had to wait that out. Next time build more offense.

I disagree.

Koshka should have gotten Ageis + Broken Myth instead of the two Fountain. Aside from that, Krul & Skarff both looks pretty solid as evident by their kills/death ratio. The only other thing that bugs me is the banner on Krul, which is completely useless. Replace that with a broken myth. Enemy was much smarter in that regard, Myth does the trick.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 9, 2015 11:55am | Report
Hi,

thanks for your answers! I have figured it out now that as soon as any of the enemies is buying or having an aegis item, I will buy an armory shredding items (such as broken myth). Otherwise I am doing very well with an Aegis build + 1 or 2 other defense builds. If i am playing offensive I am usually building WP or CP with either an armory shreddding item or a lifestealer. Sometimes I might even combine all of these together if I have enough time and money.

PS: you guys are right. Never underestimate the power of weapon and crystal infusions.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 11, 2015 1:51am | Report
Update:

Had a match yesterday vs. a new VOX player. This time he didnt build any defense items.
All WP full build including EVE OF HARVEST and BROKEN MYTH. So in total 5 crystal power items + 1 Journey boot.

Conclusion: As a full WP Ringo I barely couldn'd do any severe damage to him.

Any explanations for this?
It's just annoying because also their teamplay was perfect. He had a Catherine as support and Ardan as a tank.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 11, 2015 8:11am | Report
Hi!

Sorry. I was obviously confused haha. I meant that his build was all and only based on CRYSTAL POWER.

He had:
-EVE of Harvest
-BROKEN MYTH
-AFTER SHOCK
-ALTERNATING CURRENT
-SHATTERGLASS
-Journey boots

My build as far as I can remember:
-TENSION BOW
-SORROWBLADE
-BLAZING SALVO (I wanted to build a TORNADO TRIGGER)
-AEGIS
-BONESAW (because Catherine had an Aegis)
-Journey Boots

I had no chance, even with my 8 kills while my teammates both had 2.

Current skilltier level: The hotness Bronze :(

MaximusP
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved