Vainglory Forums

Purchasing ICE - Why?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MATR1X » February 27, 2015 10:32am | Report
Hi, I've been playing Vainglory for about a week now, playing about 7+- games a day.
I've been interested in some heroes, and want to purchase Taka in particular. I was wondering, why is 4.99$ only 600 ICE? I would preferably buy only one hero with 5$ instead of using 10$ for one. If I were to buy 1300 ICE, I would have 520 ICE, and wouldn't even be able to buy another Hero (that I can't buy with glory).

So this is my suggestion - how does 800 ICE for 4.99 sound? Personally, I would buy it in a heartbeat. What do you guys think?

Cheers, MATR1X
Add me: MATR1X

Between Pretty Good and Hotness

Main: Petal or Krul

MATR1X
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » February 27, 2015 10:57am | Report
I was wondering about this when I was picking up Glory for Ardan. Was quite tempted to buy ICE and get him right away, but at $10 it seemed too expensive. Now $5, on the other hand... Wouldn't have doubted it for a sec, as well as a way to support the developers.
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MATR1X » February 27, 2015 11:32am | Report
Aquiday wrote:

I was wondering about this when I was picking up Glory for Ardan. Was quite tempted to buy ICE and get him right away, but at $10 it seemed too expensive. Now $5, on the other hand... Wouldn't have doubted it for a sec, as well as a way to support the developers.

Yeah, 10$ seems pretty expensive. I still would have considered buying the 10$ ICE amount if it was sufficient enough to buy 2 heroes, but it's only enough for 1 (excluding the ones I can buy with glory). :/
Add me: MATR1X

Between Pretty Good and Hotness

Main: Petal or Krul

MATR1X
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by shiftycent » February 28, 2015 12:12am | Report
The amount of hours u spend playing this game u can make 10$ in the time it takes to play two rounds of the game. Support the people who make the game. Was a free game

shiftycent
Quote | PM | +Rep by wetpaint » February 28, 2015 5:11am | Report
ICE is the one area where SEMC totally screwed up. If they had put simple and reasonable price tags on characters, I would be happy to buy some just to support the devs.

wetpaint
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 2, 2015 5:06pm | Report
Guys life isn't fair would you rather have a free game and high in game item prices or a paid game and cheep in game item prices it's all simple marketing SEM wants you to play the game and make money off the impatient ones and if you want ice skipper gives away lots of it durring his streams on twitch idk his twitch name offhand but it's worth checking out he gives 250 ice at a time
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mykonos » March 2, 2015 6:00pm | Report
^^^
What he said. Don't rush it. Even I'd like to be able to buy new the characters right when they come out, but at the same time it's better to wait to give yourself some room to make some mistakes. Plus the longer you wait, the better guides come out which help with not going in blind and having a somewhat decent idea of what you're doing with that new char.
IGN:Mykonos
Region:NA
Skill Tier:Simply Amazing
Wins:206
Karma Lvl:18
Main:Tank Ardan
Alternates:Skaarf/Taka/Adagio

Mykonos
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » March 2, 2015 7:20pm | Report
run the joos.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cignale » March 3, 2015 5:24am | Report
I agree. I'd like to see a price for each hero, e.g. Ardan 5 USD, Adagio 4 USD, ......

Cignale
Quote | PM | +Rep by Archibear » March 3, 2015 7:40am | Report
I bought ICE and used some of it simply because it is a free game and I enjoy playing it. I bought the $9.99 ICE tray. :-) I figured it this $6 for the character I wanted and $4 is less than I'd spend on lunch at some ****py fast food joint. So if I pitch just under 10 bucks to the developers maybe they will stay around long enough to build some of the stuff a lot of people keep spamming them for.

Besides maybe they will slip me some inside information on how the heck to play that Celeste chick without die'n every 5 seconds. I've got several little girls in my life and none of them are as wimpy physically as she is! weeeee!!!!!
Play for keeps, play tough, but always play for fun. When it's not fun... stop!

Archibear
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved