Vainglory Forums

"NOT BAD" too easy, "DECENT-ISH" too hard.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » December 26, 2014 4:50am | Report
Pugging just stands for Pick Up Group-ing. It's an old term from MMOs I believe.

I tweeted the devs about how the skill tier works and they said they use an ELO rating system. Click on it for the wiki page.

But basically depending on how well you do in a match compared to the opponent(s) and their rating will depend on how it affects your rating. Example: You're in Decent-ish and you get slaughtered by someone about to move up to Pretty Good, your rating won't suffer as much as a loss from someone else who just joined Decent-ish like you.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jolu » February 1, 2015 11:08pm | Report
I'm stuck at decent-ish :3

Jolu
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 2, 2015 10:01am | Report
Here's some quick tips to help any new players:
  • Use Scout Traps for vision. Seeing a gank coming your way could save your team from being Aced.
  • No build will work all the time. Learn when you need to counter a certain hero.
  • Check the score board often. It's good to see how your opponents are building so you can counter them.
  • Go to twitch.tv and find higher tiered streamers to watch and see if they give any advice during matches. Shin is a great streamer and I plan to try and start streaming again as well.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » February 4, 2015 7:48am | Report
im decent-ish and i really dont stess about my skill tier but no matter what i always get those games where im krul and the opponents junglers just feel like going into my half of the jungle before anyone is even lvl 2 and honestly this is the most messed up strategy yes they disrupt me and slow me down but they also waste their time head hunting me to lvl so it dont matter what your skill tier is you just got to hone your skills and never give up if your losing bad screw the surrender go down fighting with pride
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 8, 2015 7:55pm | Report
Captain . Same issue here. Matching with other players while holding the skilltier of "descent-ish" the whole game seems practically easy. I usually do have wins of 10+ kills no matter of how skilled my teammates are. But as soon as I get leveld up to "pretty good" the whole game/matching system seems to a) get recognizably harder or b) I start to match with people who have absolutely no idea about playing this game or setting for strategies which may lead to victory. Quite the contrary I start to lose almost every single match while I keep my best to solo win the game, but the chances are despairing low. Maybe it's just me and my skills are still green for playing against decent skilled players. But still. It's frustrating.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » February 14, 2015 12:11pm | Report
I keep bouncing between decent-ish and pretty good. I'll hit pretty good and continue to win games, then hit a string of bone heads and afkers and next thing you know I'm back at decent-ish. In the end I don't really care as long as I get fun games, but it is annoying to get bumped back down due to just piss poor teammates who won't work together or go afk.

Kalaber
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved