Vainglory Forums

REIM...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by QTSt » February 4, 2016 3:48pm | Report
So can we agree that Reim is officially the most useless character ever released?

I mean maybe he just doesn't suit my play style... but let's face the facts: this character probably has one of the weakest early game ever, lacks mobility or any sort of escape, and the heal barriers can barely keep him alive in the heat of battle. His A ability is too slow which can be easily dodged, and if you go for tank then you sacrifice damage and Ult becomes practically useless - which makes him totally useless.

Reim's play style reminds me of a combination of Celeste and Krul, but not nearly sustainable or packs enough damage as neither.

All in all, I think Reim is one senile old man that should have never made it into the Fold... I mean this dude should be in a retirement home waiting for the casket lol.

Discuss?

QTSt
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnixXz » February 4, 2016 4:53pm | Report
Im sorry, but I completely disagree.
Idk if that is for low skill tier play ? but in high skill tier play he can be quite the game-changer

UnixXz
<Editor>
Quote | PM | +Rep by QTSt » February 4, 2016 4:56pm | Report
UnixXz wrote:

Im sorry, but I completely disagree.
Idk if that is for low skill tier play ? but in high skill tier play he can be quite the game-changer

No need to apologize, the only reason I made this thread was because I was interested in other people's opinions.

I'm at SA silver. I don't know if you'd consider that low or high tier, but let's just say it was pretty difficult for me to get there because I'm not in a guild and mostly solo Q. What does 'high-tier play' Reim look like? I'd be interested in hearing actual opinions & play styles from players who uses Reim at any tier because I seriously suck with him.

QTSt
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » February 4, 2016 5:36pm | Report
Hmm.. maybe you're not used to his mechanics. I have a friend who I party with at SA Gold, and he plays Reim very well, while I support him. What I can say is that Reim does require some initiation, like a stun from Catherine, and then he can hop in with his B and A abilities.

I would kind of compare his style with Skaarf, where you need experience to consistently land his A.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 4, 2016 5:39pm | Report
Well Reim I actually feel hasn't been getting enough love. Saying Reim is bad isn't a good enough excuse. Some tips I can give is build Frostburn first that way if someone gets that close to you then you can stick on them and deal a tonne of damage and also get lots of fortified health in the process, if you run out of energy too quickly add a battery on but still prioritise Frostburn. Also use your b after your a, I like to think of it as a add on to his A not a separate ability while it does work without his A using both at the same time will deal much much more damage.

My build would be: Frostburn, broken myth, eve of harvest or clockwork (experiment your playstyle), Shatterglass if needed or you can get more shield or armour and the last item is shield or armour, health isn't really needed because you have fortified health to build up but if you don't have shield or armour you should probably expect being bursted down before building that health up, by the time they get there piercing up to high enough stacks you should have that fortified health built up which is a great counter to high damage.

reim is a amazing character and he does work high elo and low elo you probably just need to practice him. Hope I could help :).

And sorry to say but once Reim gets his A and B he has one of the best early games in this update.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FireWolf250 » February 5, 2016 5:30am | Report
I think you just need to land your A and use it to seperate your enemies, BTW Reim has the second highest health in the game, so you probably don't need to many tanky items.
IGN: FireWolf250
Laners: CP Skaarf, CP Phinn, CP Adagio
Junglers: None
Supporters/Roamers: CP Adagio, CP Shatterglass Phinn
You think I have to much CP!? That's what AC is for!

"Everyone has multiple personality disorder, its called having emotions." -Anonymus

FireWolf250
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 5, 2016 12:43pm | Report
You buy shield or armour for physical resistance to damage so you can build up your fortified health before you die. You only need 1 - 2 it really depends on the situation.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » February 5, 2016 5:28pm | Report
His early game is INCREDIBLE. get to jungle shop, buy a crystal bit, then go find enemies and you'll win that fight. His early game isn't counter-able. It needs a nerf. In a battle, its hard to MISS your A ability, and getting eve at ten minutes lets you stay alive FOREVER. You need to learn how to play him, or get a better understanding of the game.
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved